Best radio guys

gawildcat

last year when Giles Co. played Jackson South Side in the playoffs we listen to their post game show on the way home those guys are a class act even though Giles Co. ended their perfect season they had nothing but praise and complements Giles Co. they didn't put nobody down didn't point the finger at no one did not blame any one just real positive.

I would imagine that you are talking about the crew at 101.5 in Jackson. They don`t broadcast any team in particular instead they choose a local game of the week. They are very good though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky Knott does a fantastic job for Coffee County.

They also broadcast the games over FM, AM and Broadband for relatives out of town or assigned to the

Iraq/Afghanistan confilct. So they can catch the games as well.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> THANKS FOR EVERY THING LUCKY!

http://www.thunder1320.com/

Hands down, Lucky Knott is the most professional, dedicated announcer I have ever heard. He always does a great job. Simply the best.

A few weeks ago I went to the South Pitt and Boyd Buchanan game. I was impressed with that ESPN radio guy that did that game. He sounded pretty good.

He does do a great job. Before going to do the Boyd games he used to do South Pittsburg games and was good there. Chris Goforth is his name by the way.

Others have mentioned Lucky Knott. Lucky is very good as well. I believe svcfan has had the pleasure of working with both of these guys at one time or another.

Preacher Man and Coach Powell for Whitwell High School.

Just don't get between them and their Bert's Chili after a game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Of course don't get AROUND them after they have had their Bert's Chili. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He does do a great job. Before going to do the Boyd games he used to do South Pittsburg games and was good there. Chris Goforth is his name by the way.

Others have mentioned Lucky Knott. Lucky is very good as well. I believe svcfan has had the pleasure of working with both of these guys at one time or another.

I have had the privilege of working with Lucky for several years. We did games in South Pittsburg and in the Manchester and Tullahoma area. Lucky is the best I have worked with in the broadcasting business and he is a great teacher. I did games with Goforth during the 96 and 97 seasons for South Pittsburg before I decided to give up broadcasting and move on to other things. I enjoy just watching the games now and plus I can't find the time to make every game like I would like to. If the opportunity comes around I wouldn't mind getting back into broadcasting on a limited basis. Lucky is a good one and Coffee County priveleged to have him doing their games.

I have had the privilege of working with Lucky for several years. We did games in South Pittsburg and in the Manchester and Tullahoma area. Lucky is the best I have worked with in the broadcasting business and he is a great teacher. I did games with Goforth during the 96 and 97 seasons for South Pittsburg before I decided to give up broadcasting and move on to other things. I enjoy just watching the games now and plus I can't find the time to make every game like I would like to. If the opportunity comes around I wouldn't mind getting back into broadcasting on a limited basis. Lucky is a good one and Coffee County priveleged to have him doing their games.

Thanks for all you said and it was an honor to work with you. I remember giving Goforth he's first job. I miss all you guys in SP, wish I had a chance to come back. I'm now at 2,040 games called and growing even though I'm not full-time in the business anymore.

Thanks again

Lucky Knott

I too have worked with Lucky at Grundy on GCTV, Fantasy in Manchester, and at WMSR in Manchester!!!

He makes the job for the color guy so easy!!

He is hands down the most professional and the most knowledgeable guy in the biz.

Congrats Lucky.

P.S. The guy from Goodpasture is a fine person I bet, but he screams so loud into the mic on EVERY PLAY that his listeners ears must bleed. Just a little quieter please.

Another big show tonite to kind of get ready for the main event next week: the playoff edition. We'll break Week 9 down in East TN tonite and look ahead to Week 10's action. We'll also cover the playoffs a lil in preparation for the biggest show of the year next week.

Log into talk shoe radio and type 53629 into the search bar. Shows are all live as well as recorded, so you can listen anytime. Sundays at 7pm...

I too have worked with Lucky at Grundy on GCTV, Fantasy in Manchester, and at WMSR in Manchester!!!

He makes the job for the color guy so easy!!

He is hands down the most professional and the most knowledgeable guy in the biz.

Congrats Lucky.

P.S. The guy from Goodpasture is a fine person I bet, but he screams so loud into the mic on EVERY PLAY that his listeners ears must bleed. Just a little quieter please.

Thanks BIG MONEY