Seymour vs Pigeon Forge

jenbug

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivalry in proximity only you mean. Have the Tigers ever beaten the Eagles? I know they beat G-P a few years back, but seems like Seymour has done their best keeping PF at arm's length.

The closest the Tigers have come to beating the Eagles was 2003, 21-20 PF missed an PAT with less than a minute to play and the Eagles ran out the clock.

Must win for Seymour!

Would be a big boost for the Tigers program if they could win.

Who takes it?

IN MY OPINION;

Seymour will name the score. PF is about like last years team. PF will win two games this year, both single A teams. Cosby (just bearly 7-0) and Hancock county( worst team in state, ranked 328 out of 328 football participating high schools in Tennessee) If last years coach would have scheduled these two schools he would not have went 0-10. PF has a just slightly better defense and a little worse offense than in '06. Lee Hammonds applied for the HC job in Jefferson County in '06 and remarked that he felt like he might be able to win a state title there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The Tigers have really fallen since the 2005 season. That year they looked like a team on a mission, and they were returning most of that team for the 2006 season. However, the loss of their head coach seemed to spell the doom for the program. He was a defensive minded coach, and they played a hard-nosed style of football that kept them in most games. Last year the wheels fell off and this year the new Head Coach is working with a broken spirit in the school, and that is tough to fix; especially in one season. Seymour is coming off of two straight losses, and being shutout for the 3rd straight year by Carter may take its toll on the Eagles. I don't see Seymour losing this game, but I think that if Pigeon Forge can muster the pride and give a 4 quarter effot they may catch the Eagles while they are down. I am going to pick Seymour to win, but I think this could be a big upset if the Tigers have ANYTHING good happen to them early in the game. I will say Seymour wins, 21-20.

IN MY OPINION;

Seymour will name the score. PF is about like last years team. PF will win two games this year, both single A teams. Cosby (just bearly 7-0) and Hancock county( worst team in state, ranked 328 out of 328 football participating high schools in Tennessee) If last years coach would have scheduled these two schools he would not have went 0-10. PF has a just slightly better defense and a little worse offense than in '06. Lee Hammonds applied for the HC job in Jefferson County in '06 and remarked that he felt like he might be able to win a state title there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hammonds is a good coach. He would have been a great coach at Jefferson County and time should prove that he will be equally good at PF. Takes time to right the ship.

I have been wondering how Hammonds has been adjusting to PF and how PF has been adjusting to Hammonds. I know that GP's Hammond is a little too fiery for some and I was wondering if Lee was the same way. I know that the PF fans do not like animation on the sidelines and did not know if Lee was that way. I have not been to any PF games because I missed that Carter game. I know that the PF players will be able to turn it around with leadership but I was just wondering how Hammonds and the PF community were getting along. Please only reply if you know some useful information and do not trash talk any coaches or players please.

By the way, i think the in county rivalry will allow PF to keep it close for a littlw while, but Seymour will pull away in the late 2nd quarter and 2nd half.

Hammonds is a good coach. He would have been a great coach at Jefferson County and time should prove that he will be equally good at PF. Takes time to right the ship.

And time will prove that PF is only a stopping off point for Lee. If Lee would have had just a little HC experience the HC job at Jeff Co. would have been his for the taking. He will not be at PF very long. Probably three maybe four years max. His goal is to get to a program where he can compete for state titles. Whether he can reach that goal is yet to be determined. It cannot be reached at PF. Just not enough athletes in Sevier Co. AA and AAA programs.

Regards

IN MY OPINION;Seymour will name the score. PF is about like last years team. PF will win two games this year, both single A teams. Cosby (just bearly 7-0) and Hancock county( worst team in state, ranked 328 out of 328 football participating high schools in Tennessee) If last years coach would have scheduled these two schools he would not have went 0-10. PF has a just slightly better defense and a little worse offense than in '06. Lee Hammonds applied for the HC job in Jefferson County in '06 and remarked that he felt like he might be able to win a state title there. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Scott Meadows didn't win one while he was there and they only have one in the "modern era" (1969-present). Kisabeth had some mooses playing for him when they did win and they had to beat Halls back when they were strong as well as Rhea Co. when they were really tough.Plus, I don't know how he would make that statement except to get the gig and sound good for the boosters. He's never been to a championship game as an assistant all those years and all those strong teams with G-P. Saying that about Jeff Co. nowadays is a stretch. A lot of apathy is percolating in Dumplin Valley these days especially after Marty Euverard got in there and really became a polarizing figure.

I have been wondering how Hammonds has been adjusting to PF and how PF has been adjusting to Hammonds. I know that GP's Hammond is a little too fiery for some and I was wondering if Lee was the same way. I know that the PF fans do not like animation on the sidelines and did not know if Lee was that way. I have not been to any PF games because I missed that Carter game. I know that the PF players will be able to turn it around with leadership but I was just wondering how Hammonds and the PF community were getting along. Please only reply if you know some useful information and do not trash talk any coaches or players please.By the way, i think the in county rivalry will allow PF to keep it close for a littlw while, but Seymour will pull away in the late 2nd quarter and 2nd half.

Benny is old school. That's just how they've done things for years.