7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt Oakland pull of a huge upset of White County that ended their postseason. I thought it was the semifinals but maybe it was the finals, because i pretty vividly remember being stunned by Brainerd at the buzzer at Oakland in substate.

I was at that Brainerd game.

Montori Hughes has D-1 potential at DE for football. He was dominant last year before being kicked off. If his head is right then good, Siegel should finish top 2 and make a post season run.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman over Cookeville 64-48

Alex Carter had somewhere around 30...?

Siegel gets the road win at Warren County tonight 77-55 behind 17 points for cutter and 14 for Mitchell. Warren County was lead by Chris Wietzel's 25 points. Pretty good outing for Warren tonight, the game was not really settled until the 4th quarter. Warren led by 2 after one,trailed by 8 at the half down by about 11 after three and then Siegel was able to pull away in the fourth. Really glad to see the team make a effort to get it into Wietzel tonight. I thought we played a pretty good game all considered.

WELL my WARRIORS took one under the chin tonight...usually i give my guys praise even if we lose because they usualy play hard and with heart .....BUT...TONIGHT!!!!!!!......I SAW A LOT OF lack of hustle and no heart by several on the court tonight i am very disappointed in our effort tonight i dont get mad after a loss and i am more than happy to tip my cap to the opponenet and lebanon may be better than us and they beat us everytime but we got out hustled and out worked and we can not let that happen again...we have SRs that need to step up and lead this team and get their teammates head out of their butts and work hard even if you lose you can hold your head high knowing you played your best...they did not do that tonight...i do not have to name names the film will show who jogged down the court almost the enitre game...if these guys are not going to play any harder i would assume lose with the guys on the bench that are gonna play hard if you have to bring freshman up bring em up

WE ARE THE RIVERDALE WARRIORS AND YOU MUST FIGHT LIKE WARRIORS EACH AND EVERYTIME OUT WIN OR LOSE YOU GO DOWN FIGHTING AND TONIGHT WE DID NOT I LOVE MY WARRIORS AND I HOPE FOR BETTER EFFORT FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siegel gets the road win at Warren County tonight 77-55 behind 17 points for cutter and 14 for Mitchell. Warren County was lead by Chris Wietzel's 25 points. Pretty good outing for Warren tonight, the game was not really settled until the 4th quarter. Warren led by 2 after one,trailed by 8 at the half down by about 11 after three and then Siegel was able to pull away in the fourth. Really glad to see the team make a effort to get it into Wietzel tonight. I thought we played a pretty good game all considered.

hand clap you actually said something positve about the team. but yea i think the game was quite intersting until the 4th quarted Warren Co. held their ground until then way to go weitzel with 25 and weir with 16 Warren Co. will be a whole lot better if they had that 3rd scorer

hand clap you actually said something positve about the team. but yea i think the game was quite intersting until the 4th quarted Warren Co. held their ground until then way to go weitzel with 25 and weir with 16 Warren Co. will be a whole lot better if they had that 3rd scorer

I did not make it to the game last night I had to work late, but I listened to it on the radio. I agree that if the Pioneers had a third scorer they would be better. The boys played hard last night I am proud of their effort.

As far as the Lebanon-Riverdale games goes i got a simple question.....RIVER-WHO??? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The same Riverdale team that is 4-12. Frankly, i'd be much more excited about Lebanon's win over White Co. than I would be over Riverdale, but thats just me.

OK...so rank em in 7-aaa and who's surprised u the most this season as a team an individual stand-outs

I mean the current standings tell a pretty telling sign right now:

1. Oakland 4-1

1. Blackman 4-1

3. White Co 3-2

3. Siegel 3-2

3. Lebanon 3-2

6. Riverdale 2-3

7. Cookeville 1-4

8. Warren Co. 0-5

As far as suprises, im stunned that Oakland is 14-1 at this point, After seeing the team in the pre-season I had good vibes about what they would be able to do, but I never thought 14-1 and #4 in the state was a realistic possibility after losing what Oakland lost from last years team. Blackman could be labeled as a suprise, but they havent had to play Oakland or White Co. yet, and they got absolutely drilled by Siegel, but Carter is just starting to get healthy, so read into that if you want, but I just dont think Blackman will have any staying power in terms of challenging for the district title, mainly because they dont have a reliable 2nd scorer behind Carter.

If there was a darkhorse in all of this, I would probably say Lebanon, they coudl very well be 5-0 in this district if they got some breaks their way. I think we will find out how good they really can be since Siegel is next for them, if they win that game, I think they can make a serious run towards the title, but its going to be a really tough game because Siegel is going to go in with the mindset that this is a must win for Siegel to stay in the hunt.

As for Individuals, I think its a 2 horse race for District MVP, Alex Carter and Tyler Cutter. It could very well go to someone from White Co, but I feel their balanced scoring hurts the chances of any of them getting it, not really that many true star players this year, just a bunch of solid all-around guys. Based on the first 5 games, If Randy King isnt Coach of the Year, then its robbery, I know im biased, but you cannot deny what an amazing job he has done up to this point, lesser coaches would be doing well to stay at .500 up to this point. Not really that comfortable in picking an all-district team yet, so ill leave that up to everyone else.