7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

I did not make it to the game last night I had to work late, but I listened to it on the radio. I agree that if the Pioneers had a third scorer they would be better. The boys played hard last night I am proud of their effort.

Me too Phoenix! Was this the most points Wietzel has scored this year in a game? It's hard to ask anymore of him from a scoring standpoint. I'll agree with everyone about another scorer. Sounds like Weir had a good game also. What kind of chance do they have against Cookeville? I'd like to see them get a region win to stop the skid and give the boys some confidence!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too Phoenix! Was this the most points Wietzel has scored this year in a game? It's hard to ask anymore of him from a scoring standpoint. I'll agree with everyone about another scorer. Sounds like Weir had a good game also. What kind of chance do they have against Cookeville? I'd like to see them get a region win to stop the skid and give the boys some confidence!

I want to think that Weitzel had 28 Points in a game earlier this year but I am not totally for sure. I think they have a good chance of beating Cookeville if they play like they did against Siegel. Prater, Bond or Officer will have to step in and help out on scoring. Officer is more of a defensive player but some nights when he is on he can score well. If we can get some crowd support from our student section (Which could have been better last night but I wasn't there) and from our crowd I think we could win. We just don't have a home court advantage like other teams in our district and I think that it is a shame I know that in the late 90's and Early 2000's we had a good supporting crowd at the games and I know that the record doesn't help because people don't want to see a losing team, but we as a community need to get behind the boys and girls teams to show them support. Even when football was having their losing streaks there was still a good turn out for the games. Showing some support towards the boys and girls might give them the confidence that helps them win more games. Well I will get off my soap box now, and I know that some of you guys will disagree with what I have to say but Go Pioneers!!

I want to think that Weitzel had 28 Points in a game earlier this year but I am not totally for sure. I think they have a good chance of beating Cookeville if they play like they did against Siegel. Prater, Bond or Officer will have to step in and help out on scoring. Officer is more of a defensive player but some nights when he is on he can score well. If we can get some crowd support from our student section (Which could have been better last night but I wasn't there) and from our crowd I think we could win. We just don't have a home court advantage like other teams in our district and I think that it is a shame I know that in the late 90's and Early 2000's we had a good supporting crowd at the games and I know that the record doesn't help because people don't want to see a losing team, but we as a community need to get behind the boys and girls teams to show them support. Even when football was having their losing streaks there was still a good turn out for the games. Showing some support towards the boys and girls might give them the confidence that helps them win more games. Well I will get off my soap box now, and I know that some of you guys will disagree with what I have to say but Go Pioneers!!

You won't get a disagreement with me! I think you are exactly right. What ever happened to that rowdy student section we used to have? Man, they used to have me "bustin a gutt" with some of their chants and things. The players do feed off that stuff.

You won't get a disagreement with me! I think you are exactly right. What ever happened to that rowdy student section we used to have? Man, they used to have me "bustin a gutt" with some of their chants and things. The players do feed off that stuff.

Even around Two years ago the Student Section was good. I guess they have no pride anymore. I would love to see a huge Crowd for Cookeville. There used to be a heated Rivalry between Cookeville and Warren Co.. I just don't see any passion in our stands any more. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I mean the current standings tell a pretty telling sign right now:

1. Oakland 4-1

1. Blackman 4-1

3. White Co 3-2

3. Siegel 3-2

3. Lebanon 3-2

6. Riverdale 2-3

7. Cookeville 1-4

8. Warren Co. 0-5

As far as suprises, im stunned that Oakland is 14-1 at this point, After seeing the team in the pre-season I had good vibes about what they would be able to do, but I never thought 14-1 and #4 in the state was a realistic possibility after losing what Oakland lost from last years team. Blackman could be labeled as a suprise, but they havent had to play Oakland or White Co. yet, and they got absolutely drilled by Siegel, but Carter is just starting to get healthy, so read into that if you want, but I just dont think Blackman will have any staying power in terms of challenging for the district title, mainly because they dont have a reliable 2nd scorer behind Carter.

If there was a darkhorse in all of this, I would probably say Lebanon, they coudl very well be 5-0 in this district if they got some breaks their way. I think we will find out how good they really can be since Siegel is next for them, if they win that game, I think they can make a serious run towards the title, but its going to be a really tough game because Siegel is going to go in with the mindset that this is a must win for Siegel to stay in the hunt.

As for Individuals, I think its a 2 horse race for District MVP, Alex Carter and Tyler Cutter. It could very well go to someone from White Co, but I feel their balanced scoring hurts the chances of any of them getting it, not really that many true star players this year, just a bunch of solid all-around guys. Based on the first 5 games, If Randy King isnt Coach of the Year, then its robbery, I know im biased, but you cannot deny what an amazing job he has done up to this point, lesser coaches would be doing well to stay at .500 up to this point. Not really that comfortable in picking an all-district team yet, so ill leave that up to everyone else.

I have to say, after watching us play both Blackman and Siegel at home, we really had a chance to beat Blackman, but I really feel we played one of our best games of the season last night and still lost by 20 points to Siegel. I think Siegel is the darkhorse to win the district, if you can call them a darkhorse, I was extremely impressed with Siegel unselfish play by all the Siegel players, ecspecially Cutter who really makes everyone around him better. I haven't seen all the teams in 7aaa this year, but I must say it was really nice to see a team play with so much chemistry that Siegel is playing with right now. They did beat Oakland ,which surprised me when I saw the score, but I can understand clearly now how they won that game. I guess what I'm trying to say,is Siegel is a fun team to watch and a team I feel will only get better as the season goes on.

you're absolutely right...I believe Siegel will only get better...if they continue to play game by game, and do not allow themselves to get overwhelmed with it all. They have a good solid team...Will this be the 4th Consecutive year 7-AAA has a team represent it in the state tournament? Time will tell. I'm pulling for Siegel.

I dont see how you can say district 7AAA MVP is a race between Carter and Cutter when Cutter and the Stars DRILLED blackman. You talk Oakland up but Siegel beat them pretty easily too. There hitting stride at the perfect time. I think Siegel would be in the lead if this was a BCS poll.

The score wasn't as bad as what it looked.

Freethrows at the end of a game.

BCS is a joke so yeah they prob would be leading it.

I dont see how you can say district 7AAA MVP is a race between Carter and Cutter when Cutter and the Stars DRILLED blackman. You talk Oakland up but Siegel beat them pretty easily too. There hitting stride at the perfect time. I think Siegel would be in the lead if this was a BCS poll.

I thjink Siegel is hitting its stride also. but please don't give this BCS poll crap, we all know what the BCS stands for.

MVP stands for Most Vauluable Player

...that game has nothing to do with whom is more valuable a player to their team...especially since Siegel has tons more talent.

I believe Cutter is the MVP...just don't say anything about the score of that game...that was a team effort

Because when you take away Carter, Blackman really has nothing. Im sure Turnham wishes he could clone him, but alas that isnt the case. I asked my opinion and I gave it. I talk up Oakland for good reason, they are 14-1, #4 in the state when nobody gave them a chance to be a legit contender having lost 5 great seniors last year. So Siegel beat Oakland by 14, I think the timing for Oakland was terrible in facing Siegel because that was a must win game for those guys. Thankfully our championship is decided on the court on not on some silly poll. Also, I dont think now is the right time to hit your stride, maybe just me, but I would prefer Oakland to hit their stride during tournament time, but hey what do I know /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Because when you take away Carter, Blackman really has nothing. Im sure Turnham wishes he could clone him, but alas that isnt the case. I asked my opinion and I gave it. I talk up Oakland for good reason, they are 14-1, #4 in the state when nobody gave them a chance to be a legit contender having lost 5 great seniors last year. So Siegel beat Oakland by 14, I think the timing for Oakland was terrible in facing Siegel because that was a must win game for those guys. Thankfully our championship is decided on the court on not on some silly poll. Also, I dont think now is the right time to hit your stride, maybe just me, but I would prefer Oakland to hit their stride during tournament time, but hey what do I know /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I have to agree on Carter and Cutter for MVP after seeing both of them play against us this year. They both give it everything they have and are very good players. They both see the court well and make the players around them better. I think Cutter has better talent around him which makes him look better as well. I give the edge to Carter because when they played us Carter took 5 or 6 charges and was probably the leading rebounder for his team. He does so much more than shoot and pass the ball. Cutter is great at getting the ball to his team but I didn't see him doing the other little things that make up the whole package. I agree too you have to look how the team would perform without him and that shows in Blackman's record during Christmas when Carter did not play.