7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

I have to agree on Carter and Cutter for MVP after seeing both of them play against us this year. They both give it everything they have and are very good players. They both see the court well and make the players around them better. I think Cutter has better talent around him which makes him look better as well. I give the edge to Carter because when they played us Carter took 5 or 6 charges and was probably the leading rebounder for his team. He does so much more than shoot and pass the ball. Cutter is great at getting the ball to his team but I didn't see him doing the other little things that make up the whole package. I agree too you have to look how the team would perform without him and that shows in Blackman's record during Christmas when Carter did not play.

My predictions for Fri. 11th : Oakland will win at Blackman by 11. Cookeville wins a close game at Warren County by 3. Siegel will win at Lebanon by 4. And White County will beat Riverdale by 19 at home. The swami has spoken !!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you all say, but if tim tebow missed a couple weeks his heisman chances would be shot and blackman as a team isnt preforming well enough to have there best player get MVP. Where as i feel Siegel is. Cutter makes the players around him better. Not that Kerry Hammonds needs help being good ha. Yes its is decided on the court but a top 4 seed is critical to the tournament and Siegel is on the right track to get one. I like our odds come tournament time. I feel Oakland is to young and inexperienced but only time will really tell. I dont think they have been tested too much either. Lavergne Siegel and White County. They are 2-1 and were 1-2 in those 3 games against good opponents. Looking forward to the rest of this season.

I think you have made some valid points. However, in my eyes, the MVP is the guy that the team seems to fold when they aren't in the game. They give everyone around them the confidence that they can win. It sounds like Cutter has grown up some. In times past, he wanted to be the high scorer and it sounds like he finally learned the concept of team. Good for him.

How many people are going to the Blackman-Oakland game tomorrow night?This will be the game for first in the district.

My plans are to be there!!!!

Because when you take away Carter, Blackman really has nothing. Im sure Turnham wishes he could clone him, but alas that isnt the case. I asked my opinion and I gave it. I talk up Oakland for good reason, they are 14-1, #4 in the state when nobody gave them a chance to be a legit contender having lost 5 great seniors last year. So Siegel beat Oakland by 14, I think the timing for Oakland was terrible in facing Siegel because that was a must win game for those guys. Thankfully our championship is decided on the court on not on some silly poll. Also, I dont think now is the right time to hit your stride, maybe just me, but I would prefer Oakland to hit their stride during tournament time, but hey what do I know /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I will tell you what you know......More than anyone I KNOW.....about the history and game of OHS basketball!! I am proud to be able to gain knowledge from you and I know the school appreciates your support of them.

I agree with most of what you all say, but if tim tebow missed a couple weeks his heisman chances would be shot and blackman as a team isnt preforming well enough to have there best player get MVP. Where as i feel Siegel is. Cutter makes the players around him better. Not that Kerry Hammonds needs help being good ha. Yes its is decided on the court but a top 4 seed is critical to the tournament and Siegel is on the right track to get one. I like our odds come tournament time. I feel Oakland is to young and inexperienced but only time will really tell. I dont think they have been tested too much either. Lavergne Siegel and White County. They are 2-1 and were 1-2 in those 3 games against good opponents. Looking forward to the rest of this season.

Maybe so, but basketball is a long season, so if you miss a few games, it really doesnt matter. But like i said, the keys words are 7-AAA and MVP, you take away Cutter from Siegel, they are still a pretty good team, whereas Blackman would be awful without Carter and has been so. I dont really have a dog in this fight and have never been too much for individual awards, so whoever wins it is fine by me.

As far as Oakland being too young and inexperienced, SAY WHAT? Oakland plays 4 seniors a pretty good bit, 3 of whom had regular playing time last year, along with Tyler Edwards getting minutes here and there. Its not the same situation as Siegel was in when the lost the bulk of their production and had practically now experience minus Cutter. Oakland was pretty young and inexperienced in 05-06, but that didnt stop them from winning the regular season district title as well as 24 games. As far as not being tested, you conveniently forgot to mention a Clarksville Northeast team that is getting alot of votes in the ap poll as well as a Marshall County that could make it to state in AA, so were not playing a bunch of bums by any stretch of the means.

Siegel may have more talent and is playing pretty good ball right now, but Oakland has the trump card that will give it as good of a chance as any every time: The best coaching staff in this district.

Maybe so, but basketball is a long season, so if you miss a few games, it really doesnt matter. But like i said, the keys words are 7-AAA and MVP, you take away Cutter from Siegel, they are still a pretty good team, whereas Blackman would be awful without Carter and has been so. I dont really have a dog in this fight and have never been too much for individual awards, so whoever wins it is fine by me.

As far as Oakland being too young and inexperienced, SAY WHAT? Oakland plays 4 seniors a pretty good bit, 3 of whom had regular playing time last year, along with Tyler Edwards getting minutes here and there. Its not the same situation as Siegel was in when the lost the bulk of their production and had practically now experience minus Cutter. Oakland was pretty young and inexperienced in 05-06, but that didnt stop them from winning the regular season district title as well as 24 games. As far as not being tested, you conveniently forgot to mention a Clarksville Northeast team that is getting alot of votes in the ap poll as well as a Marshall County that could make it to state in AA, so were not playing a bunch of bums by any stretch of the means.

Siegel may have more talent and is playing pretty good ball right now, but Oakland has the trump card that will give it as good of a chance as any every time: The best coaching staff in this district.

Have to agree about the coaching staff on this one. The MVP award is up to individual interpretation. Is the player most valuable to the team or to 7-AAA? If it is to the district, I say it real close between Carter and Cutter. If its to a team, then it would have to be Carter hands down. Watched the Siegel/Blackman game the other night and didn't hardly recognize Carter. He seems to have grown in size. On the other hand, it seems Cutter has grown also. But Cutter has grown a different way - UP!

My predictions for Fri. 11th : Oakland will win at Blackman by 11. Cookeville wins a close game at Warren County by 3. Siegel will win at Lebanon by 4. And White County will beat Riverdale by 19 at home. The swami has spoken !!

My predictions --- Oakland by 17----- Cookeville by 10------- Lebanon by 1---- White County by 5

Cookeville defeats Waren County tonight in a real barn burner 62-59. Chris Wietzel's 19 points led Warren County including 3 two hand slams. Cookeville was led by their big man, his name slips me right now, anyway he had a great game also with about 22 points. A really entertaining game, and a great losing effort by my pioneers. 3 point loss,just as I said,the swami has spoken.

well...My WARRIORS took one under the chin tonight ...UNFORTUNATLY we just couldnt do enough to pull off the win i am a lot more happier with our effort tonight i thought we played hard tonight it just wasnt enough....WC is a very good team and we are kinda down we only lost by 12-14 points...we have a lot of areas that need improvement and i was hoping by this time of the year we would have progressed better BUT we still have plenty of time til march to get it together and hopefully make a run come tournament time

Craig you are a GOOD PLAYER be more aggrressive...Joey please do some shooting and run the offense stay within yourself you dont have to force the action Adam and Jones keep shooting when you are open dont hesitate to shoot and to the whole team HAVE FUN yall need to loosen up and have good time playing a sport that you love if you are not having fun it is not worth doing so go out on tuesday and have a good time not only playing but have fun with each other...

GO WARRIORS