7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville defeats Waren County tonight in a real barn burner 62-59. Chris Wietzel's 19 points led Warren County including 3 two hand slams. Cookeville was led by their big man, his name slips me right now, anyway he had a great game also with about 22 points. A really entertaining game, and a great losing effort by my pioneers. 3 point loss,just as I said,the swami has spoken.

You called it even though I was so hoping they would pull one out.

Oakland came out like gangbusters last night and seemed on the way to a rout at Blackman. Then it seemed they eased up a little bit and let Blackman scrap their way back into the game. That worried me that we started playing a bit sloppy and let them come back on us til I realized that Blackman has a well coached team and Carter is great in a leadership role. I think Epps is dang amazing to watch. I love his style of defense. He is so aggressive and he he doesn't let up. Give Carter credit, he played well and didn't give up. I still am leaning toward him as the MVP.....but truthfully I think Maupins is so under-rated for the role that he plays. That kid can handle a ball like no one i have seen in a long time. He is so quick.....

We have got to get the turnovers under control......

Great win for us at Oakland especially in a hostile environment!

I dont see how the district mvp can go to someone one of the weaker teams in this district. He is valuable but hes not helping his team win games. Tyler Cutter is. Huge win last night at lebanon. Cutter with 25, yet people still leaning toward alex carter after they lost. This makes little sense to me.

Funny you should mention that since Blackman is tied with Siegel for 2nd in 7-AAA right now. I dont think a whole are leaning towards Alex Carter, just simply making a case for him to be in the mix. Cutter will prolly be the mvp when its all said and done, but he doesnt have the greatest reputation in this district, so that could hinder him. Should it? No, but it happens in this day and age. This year is just kind of a weird on in 7-AAA because they arent alot of stars per se. Teams like Oakland and White Co hurt their players chances of becoming the MVP because both teams are just so well balanced.

I dont see how the district mvp can go to someone one of the weaker teams in this district. He is valuable but hes not helping his team win games. Tyler Cutter is. Huge win last night at lebanon. Cutter with 25, yet people still leaning toward alex carter after they lost. This makes little sense to me.

Such a valid point!

Blackman-Record: 7-5 (4-2)

Siegel-12-5 (4-2)

I mean Alex Carter should be MVP

Look how Blackman played without Alex and then with him.

What does make sense to you?

Have you found the ring yet?

This site and siegel fans are the reason alot of people dont care much 4 cutter,quit politican 4 him to win mvp who cares seriously?They have the same district record stupid!!!!

Blackman's record with Carter, and without him , clearly shows his value to his team. I have really seen him evolve over the last few yrs as a leader.

Do I have a vote? No....do I have an opinion? Of course. Personally it sounds like Hammonds is the big dog at Siegel to me on the court. With him not injured like last yr, Siegel has turned the corner once again. Is that MVP material>