District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth beat Fairview last night 65-54. I heard it was pretty close throughout the game and the score says so. This didnt really suprise me, somebody actually told me Harpeth played bad. That was a shocker to me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Trey Caruthers had 19

Kevin Giltner had 26

Drew Bledsoe had 16

Ben Johnson had 17

happy new year everyone! Creek Wood opended the 2008 portion of the schedule with a convincing 57 to 39 win on the road @ Stewart Co. last night. Stewart Co is much improved with C. Craig at the helm. Congrats to the Red Hawks. Let's get on a roll heading into FEB. PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MD/CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waverly beat Cheatham Co. 50-36. Fri Jan 4th.

The Tigers played well defensively against the Cubs and when they slowed the ball down really looked good on offense. Cody Gilbert had a good game very quietly with 3 assists and he controlled the ball well.When he plays well the Tigers often do also. He is developing into a very good point guard.You don't have to score much to play well

I disagree Tarheel. The games that Waverly does good in is when Leonard and Vogel is on and JAckson works well inside. Cody is a good role player as are sevaral of the Tigers like Fuller, but it is the big two who have to make the Tigers go. And with no height, Jackson is providing some needed hustle inside. It will help also when Luten gets back on the court. I see these young Tigers making a difference in the tournament.

Harpeth beat Goodpasture tonight 61-47. I have no details on the game, dont know how it went. All I know is Trey Caruthers had 26 with 3 three's. While Giltner had 12 with 1 three. Good Luck Harpeth as they travel to Waverly tuesday night.

Dixon played a good game. overall a good match-up. Harpeth seemed to be improved form last night. Had some bad passes and questionable shot selection at times. Harpeth is still not playing top notch ball. Hopefully their saving up for the tourney. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dixon played a good game. overall a good match-up. Harpeth seemed to be improved form last night. Had some bad passes and questionable shot selection at times. Harpeth is still not playing top notch ball. Hopefully their saving up for the tourney. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

harpethfan08 are you going to waverly tuesday??? If you are give me a holler. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tigers are really startin to look good, leonard, gilbert, fuller, and a few others are turning into really good players...vogel is a really good player as well but he needs to get a head on his shoulders to slow him down cuz at times it seems as if he is wanting to play better than what he is and it hurts him sometimes but other than that the sophomore will be great in future games....jackson is also another good sophomore but his anger can kill him if hes not careful he was close to gettin a T thrown on him i believe when he shoved the cheatham county guy off of him on the ground...and leonard, hes really doin a great job leading the team i hope to see some dunks outa him soon!! lol we got harpeth at home tuesday night guys, goina be a tough one lets see if we can pull it out tho maybe the bluecrew will show up for this one!! GO TIGERS!!!

Tigers are really startin to look good, leonard, gilbert, fuller, and a few others are turning into really good players...vogel is a really good player as well but he needs to get a head on his shoulders to slow him down cuz at times it seems as if he is wanting to play better than what he is and it hurts him sometimes but other than that the sophomore will be great in future games....jackson is also another good sophomore but his anger can kill him if hes not careful he was close to gettin a T thrown on him i believe when he shoved the cheatham county guy off of him on the ground...and leonard, hes really doin a great job leading the team i hope to see some dunks outa him soon!! lol we got harpeth at home tuesday night guys, goina be a tough one lets see if we can pull it out tho maybe the bluecrew will show up for this one!! GO TIGERS!!!

Very tough game coming up for the Tigers we will definitely need the blue crew to show up for that one.. What happened to the blue crew? Yeah they have had a couple rebuilding years and are not a great team but they are at least fun to watch.. I haven't missed a game since i was in 6th grade unless i just couldn't make it.. I miss the fire from the crowd even when they are winnning people still leave... i don't know what to do.. Waverly seems like it just doesn't care anymore.. maybe a few big wins might do it good luck Tigers!! keep the crowd going Patty and Werfel..

Looking forward to the trip down Highway 70 to visit Waverly.

Harpeth looked good against Goodpasture in several areas. They are still not hitting on all cylinders. I think they shot around 40% but the defense was very good and the big man had a big day on the boards. Best I've seen out of him. Trey Carruthers is carrying this team scoring wise right now.

It's district time now! The Indians need to focus on the job at hand and get better every game.