District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Looks like Harpeth travels to Mont. Central tomorrow to finish up business. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Harpeth - 58

Sycamore - 46

Go Indians!

Not so fast my friend!

Harpeth has the tie breaker over Creekwood even if they were to lose to Montgomery Central it turns out since CW lost to the next highest common opponent in Waverly. Harpeth isn't finishing the game with MC and play Cheatham at home Tuesday night.

Sycamore won the coin toss at the district meeting yesterday and is the one seed. It's not based on overall record as was the opinion on the court after the game by many in the crowd.

I'm guessing the seeding works out like this based on previous posts. I'm too tired to do the math.......

1 Sycamore vs 8 Montgomery Central

2 Harpeth vs 7 Cheatham

3 Creekwood vs 6 Fairview

4 Stewart Co. vs 5 Waverly

Sycamore/Harpeth was a good game. It was a one point game at halftime, but I was disappointed in the officiating crew. I haven't seen any of those guys in a Harpeth game this season and I wasn't impressed. For the most part it was a defensive battle. Harpeth made a little run in the third period and brought a zone out of the closet that worked well for the most part. Sycamore got some good looks I thought, but the shots just didn't fall and Harpeth defended the three a lot better than the last time. I enjoyed the senior night festivities and the student sections on both sides did their part. We definitely need a bigger gym for this series!

Good luck in the tournament Indians! Go across the road and support the middle school Indians as they go for their 3rd straight TMSAA small school sectional title tomorrow night at HMS.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast my friend!

Harpeth has the tie breaker over Creekwood even if they were to lose to Montgomery Central it turns out since CW lost to the next highest common opponent in Waverly. Harpeth isn't finishing the game with MC and play Cheatham at home Tuesday night.

Sycamore won the coin toss at the district meeting yesterday and is the one seed. It's not based on overall record as was the opinion on the court after the game by many in the crowd.

I'm guessing the seeding works out like this based on previous posts. I'm too tired to do the math.......

2 Harpeth vs 7 Cheatham

Sycamore/Harpeth was a good game. It was a one point game at halftime, but I was disappointed in the officiating crew. I haven't seen any of those guys in a Harpeth game this season and I wasn't impressed. For the most part it was a defensive battle. Harpeth made a little run in the third period and brought a zone out of the closet that worked well for the most part. Sycamore got some good looks I thought, but the shots just didn't fall and Harpeth defended the three a lot better than the last time. I enjoyed the senior night festivities and the student sections on both sides did their part. We definitely need a bigger gym for this series!

Good luck in the tournament Indians! Go across the road and support the middle school Indians as they go for their 3rd straight TMSAA small school sectional title tomorrow night at HMS.

there was a coin toss???

why?

Not so fast my friend!

2 Harpeth vs 7 Cheatham

there was a coin toss???

why?

First round of the tournament starts Tuesday night. Game times are 7:00 for Tuesday night and here are the games as follows:

*Note First round games are at higher seed.

1. Sycamore vs. 8. Montgomery Central

2. Harpeth vs. 7. Cheatham County

3. Creekwood vs. 6. Fairview

4. Stewart County vs. 5. Waverly

Semifinal games are held Friday night with the Harpeth-Cheatham County winner vs. Creekwood-Fairview winner playing at 6:30 at Cheatham County Central High School. The Sycamore-Montgomery Central winner vs. Stewart County-Waverly winner will play at 8:00 Friday night at Cheatham County.

The consolation game and championship games will be on Tuesday, Febraury 19th starting at 6:30 and 8:00. I hope my boys at Sycamore win the tourney. Good luck to all. Should be a great tourney. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />