District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Since the district and region realignments two years ago, the 11-AA team records in district league play show the complete and total dominance of the Sycamore and Harpeth programs in this district.

District 11-AA Team Regular Season District Records For Past Two Seasons

Rank Team 05-06 Season 06-07 Season Combined

(1) Sycamore 13-1 12-2 25-3 ( 2 losses were to Harpeth)

(24 of 25 Sycamore wins were by a double digit margin)

(2) Harpeth 11-3 12-2 23-5 ( 2 losses were to Sycamore)

(21 of 23 Harpeth wins were by a double digit margin)

(3) Stewart Co. 9-5 8-6 17-11

(4) Cheatham Co. 6-8 10-4 16-12

(5) Creekwood 7-7 8-6 15-13

(6) Waverly 5-9 2-12 7-21

(7) Fairview 3-11 2-12 5-23

(8) Montgomery

Central 2-12 2-12 4-24

Note : Both of these seasons the district tournament finals have been Sycamore vs. Harpeth (each won by Harpeth), and also they are the only District 11-AA teams to win a game in region tournament play the past two seasons. Sycamore has won a regional tournament game both of the previous two seasons, and Harpeth won a regional tournament game this past season.

2007-2008 Outlook

Harpeth and Sycamore should continue to dominate the district, with the rest of the teams muddling their way through the season.

(1) Harpeth : They have the talent and depth to be an outstanding basketball team this

season. Their biggest need for improvement is staying focused and taking the season one game at a time and avoid having the one or two game mental meltdown against one of the bottom six teams in the district, they have had the past two seasons.

(2) Sycamore : They have the talent level to again battle Harpeth for the district title. Their biggest concern is not replacing the talent lost from last year?s squad (their talent level is probably above that of Harpeth), their concern will be replacing the leadership and physical and mental toughness lost from last season?s squad that contained multiple sport athletes who thrived on pressure situations and were winners in all sports they participated in.

(3) thru (8) : Does it really matter, they will again lack the talent to contend with the big two on a nightly basis. Not to say, one of these teams will not be capable of a one game upset of the big two, but they will not contend for the district title and whichever teams end up in positions three and four will be eliminated in their only region tournament game, just as they have each of the past two seasons.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking Harpeth to win the district. I expect Giltner and co. to take care of business and get to the Boro. Harpeth is extremely talented this year and they also have experience. Harpeth is also one of my preseason picks for the State tourney come March also. I expect Sycamore to finsh second. Sycamore has some talent, but they have no leadership and they don't have that much experience either. I hate to bash on my War Eagles, but sorry. The rest is as follows-Creekwood, Fairview, Cheatham County, Waverly, Montgomery Central, and Stewart County.

I'm taking Harpeth to win the district. I expect Giltner and co. to take care of business and get to the Boro. Harpeth is extremely talented this year and they also have experience. Harpeth is also one of my preseason picks for the State tourney come March also. I expect Sycamore to finsh second. Sycamore has some talent, but they have no leadership and they don't have that much experience either. I hate to bash on my War Eagles, but sorry. The rest is as follows-Creekwood, Fairview, Cheatham County, Waverly, Montgomery Central, and Stewart County.

i agree that harpeth and sycamore will prolly rule the district again this year followed by creekwood. As for the 4 through 8 spots i think its a big toss up i don't think there is much difference in the teams. However i don't really think Stewart county will end up last they have quite a bit of talent just not as much experience which that will come. Stewart county beat Mont. central twice this summer. the second time it was Mont. centrals projected starters andStewart county didn't have all there starters and the ones they had some were banged up a little so i think Stewart county is gonna surprise some people.

Since the district and region realignments two years ago, the 11-AA team records in district league play show the complete and total dominance of the Sycamore and Harpeth programs in this district.

District 11-AA Team Regular Season District Records For Past Two Seasons

Rank Team 05-06 Season 06-07 Season Combined

(1) Sycamore 13-1 12-2 25-3 ( 2 losses were to Harpeth)

(24 of 25 Sycamore wins were by a double digit margin)

(2) Harpeth 11-3 12-2 23-5 ( 2 losses were to Sycamore)

(21 of 23 Harpeth wins were by a double digit margin)

(3) Stewart Co. 9-5 8-6 17-11

(4) Cheatham Co. 6-8 10-4 16-12

(5) Creekwood 7-7 8-6 15-13

(6) Waverly 5-9 2-12 7-21

(7) Fairview 3-11 2-12 5-23

(8) Montgomery

Central 2-12 2-12 4-24

Note : Both of these seasons the district tournament finals have been Sycamore vs. Harpeth (each won by Harpeth), and also they are the only District 11-AA teams to win a game in region tournament play the past two seasons. Sycamore has won a regional tournament game both of the previous two seasons, and Harpeth won a regional tournament game this past season.

2007-2008 Outlook

Harpeth and Sycamore should continue to dominate the district, with the rest of the teams muddling their way through the season.

(1) Harpeth : They have the talent and depth to be an outstanding basketball team this

season. Their biggest need for improvement is staying focused and taking the season one game at a time and avoid having the one or two game mental meltdown against one of the bottom six teams in the district, they have had the past two seasons.

(2) Sycamore : They have the talent level to again battle Harpeth for the district title. Their biggest concern is not replacing the talent lost from last year?s squad (their talent level is probably above that of Harpeth), their concern will be replacing the leadership and physical and mental toughness lost from last season?s squad that contained multiple sport athletes who thrived on pressure situations and were winners in all sports they participated in.

(3) thru (8) : Does it really matter, they will again lack the talent to contend with the big two on a nightly basis. Not to say, one of these teams will not be capable of a one game upset of the big two, but they will not contend for the district title and whichever teams end up in positions three and four will be eliminated in their only region tournament game, just as they have each of the past two seasons.

Well I agree with most of your post, but here is my take on it.

1. Could go anyway, Harpeth, Sycamore, or Creek Wood.

?.Harpeth- Loses there two big men in Chase Baker, and Scott Newton. Bring back slashers, Trey Caruthers, Cody Freeman, Cody Hudson, Patrick Clark, Perry Horkins, and Daniel Beasley. All who saw playing time in big game situations. Then they also return there big time shooters in Kevin Giltner and Tyler Caruthers. What they have to do this year is get some post players who want to play. Right now they have Kendrick Jones who gets great position down around the basket, and has good touch. They also bring back Steven Dixon who is 6'8 with a wide frame. One thing that might have been his problem in the past is he played football as well, but not anymore. He has been working out and getting stronger around the basket I am sure., and should contribute.

?.Sycamore- Lose a few athletes in Lohin and Cannon. they also lose big man John Kinman. He lost a lot of playing time as the season progressed. They return Pierre, Nicholson, Skaggs, and many more. I look for these guys to be very competitive this year, and probably see some of the best Sycamore vs. Harpeth games since Dansby vs. Pierce.

?.Creek Wood- They will suprise a lot of people from what I have read of these few post. They return all starters, and they beat Harpeth one time last year, and lost to Sycamore in a heart breaker as well. They have a good coach, and I am sure will have some good players on the bench as well.

4.Fairview- Brings back a lot of players as well, dont think they will compete for a top three position, but should round up the final region spot.

5.Cheatham- They bring back Guye, and the youngest Dansby, could very well get the 4th spot in region.

6.Waverly- Were very young last year, and could possibly be a threat to upset one of the top 4 teams.

7.Montgomery Central

8.Stewart County

HHSnumber1fan I believe Guye transferred to a private school if what I heard is correct. That is why I have them 7 otherwise theyd move up. Also don't forget Dempsey from Sycamore he was only a So. last year. He was their other post.

Oh I did not forget dempsey. They also have Chase Kilgore, who will be a sophomore this year. And if Guye transfered then yes Cheatham will be lower. If your post has gotten stronger around the basket I can see you all finishing as high as 5, but I really think it will be hard.

Oh I did not forget dempsey. They also have Chase Kilgore, who will be a sophomore this year. And if Guye transfered then yes Cheatham will be lower. If your post has gotten stronger around the basket I can see you all finishing as high as 5, but I really think it will be hard.

Tyler guye is now playing for sycamore.

I heard he went to Sycamore earlier then later was told he was at a private school well Sycamore now has that PG for Lohin. They could have had one before but even so depth is key and yes HHS#1fan I believe he has gotton stronger and is a better shooter in my opinion. Did Alex Green from Waverly graduate because if not that will make Waverly that much better.

I heard he went to Sycamore earlier then later was told he was at a private school well Sycamore now has that PG for Lohin. They could have had one before but even so depth is key and yes HHS#1fan I believe he has gotton stronger and is a better shooter in my opinion. Did Alex Green from Waverly graduate because if not that will make Waverly that much better.

I think he is actually a senior this year, but I think I am wrong. Papatiger can answer that one.

I thought Giltner was a senior last year.