District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is actually a senior this year, but I think I am wrong. Papatiger can answer that one.

Alex Green graduated. And Waverly's other inside presence Brandon Goode quit. Waverly still has a lot of youth playing even though some of their guys have gained experience, but also lost Chase Collomp starting PG to ACL in football, so he's out. Have Justin Vogel a talented sophomore coming up, but I look for the Tigers to struggle again especially with not much inside game. There's just not enough there to step up and play tough in this district. Waverly can shoot good, but that only goes so far with no boards. I look to see Harpeth take it this year in the District.

Alex Green graduated. And Waverly's other inside presence Brandon Goode quit. Waverly still has a lot of youth playing even though some of their guys have gained experience, but also lost Chase Collomp starting PG to ACL in football, so he's out. Have Justin Vogel a talented sophomore coming up, but I look for the Tigers to struggle again especially with not much inside game. There's just not enough there to step up and play tough in this district. Waverly can shoot good, but that only goes so far with no boards. I look to see Harpeth take it this year in the District.

Oh I really thought Alex Green was a year under me.. Because I remember him in middle school when we played football against each other. I could have sworn I talked to his mom or aunt I dont know and she said he was a year younger than me. Oh well, I dont think Waverly will be able to compete as well as I thought now. Chase Collomp was there main scorer, wasnt he???

Oh I really thought Alex Green was a year under me.. Because I remember him in middle school when we played football against each other. I could have sworn I talked to his mom or aunt I dont know and she said he was a year younger than me. Oh well, I dont think Waverly will be able to compete as well as I thought now. Chase Collomp was there main scorer, wasnt he???

No, he wasn't the main scorer but he was the floor general. The loss of him, Brandon Goode and Alex are huge. Their scoring was spread out last year, what scoring they did. They will be improved in scoring ability, but are very small, lack an inside game, and probably the best player will be Justin Vogel who is a sophomore and he's in football now so he will join them late. You're right, I don't see them winning too many this year.

I thought Giltner was a senior last year.

Junior. Newton & Baker were seniors.

Tyler Guye did transfer to Sycamore. Tyler Cherry also transferred to Sycamore from Brentwood Academy. Those two will combine to join Pierre Mitchell, Travis Dempsey, Aaron Nicholson, Tyler Huston, Shane Staggs, Chase Kilgore, and the rest of the War Eagles. Sycamore is looking LOADED this year on the hardwood. If it all comes together then they are going to be a very tough team to beat for not only the other seven from this district but also for anyone in the state in Class AA. Remember that Liberty Tech is now AAA. McNairy Central graduated Ken Bingham from last year's good team. Bolivar Central may be the favorite to win AA this preseason but Sycamore isn't far behind them I assure anyone of this. Coach Pete Froedden is also in year number two. How long has it been since a Sycamore basketball coach has been able to say that???? Barry Jones (2003-2004), Vic Shelton (2004-2005), Brian Farmer (2005-2006), & last year was Froedden's first year (2006-2007).

THIS WILL BE THE BEST SYCAMORE BASKETBALL TEAM TALENT WISE SINCE THE 2002-2003 BUNCH that lost to Jackson South Side in the Sectional. That was a loaded bunch with Brian Vann, Logan Pierce, Adam Tinch, Sal Zavala, Josh Rives, Dustin Watts, & Josh Barksdale just to name a few. That Sycamore bunch went something like "26-6" on their way to dominating the district (outside of the two regular season games with Waverly).

Harpeth is the biggest threat to Sycamore for this district no question about it. Coach Jamie Wilson's Indians return Trey & Tyler Curruthers along with "Preseason District MVP" Kevin Giltner. Those three players alone are good enough to get Harpeth to the Regional Tourney no questions asked. The Indians also return Cody Freeman & Cody Hudson to the floor this upcoming winter. If Jones & Dixon can find any way at all to give them some production then Harpeth will be in the hunt to win this district. I believe that the losses of Baker & Newton are the glaring difference between the Indians & the War Eagles at this point. JAMIE WILSON LOVES IT WHEN I PICK AGAINST HIS TEAM THOUGH SO HERE IT GOES AGAIN RIGHT????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Creek Wood will be in the mix as well. The Red Hawks were one half away in last year's Regional 1st Round from knocking Bolivar Central out altogether. Creek Wood coach Charles Taylor returns his best team yet and they could beat either one of the top two on any given night. Ross Primm is a beast down low. Michael Jeppsen is a player who can bury the outside shot and could be the best player that nobody ever talks about in this district. Both Ethan & Cory Williams return to the floor for Creek Wood this season as well. Coach Taylor's bunch finished hot last year and reached the Regionals for the first time in school history. Don't be shocked to see them potentially build off of that success in a big time way this season.

THERE'S YOUR TOP 3 IN THIS DISTRICT LADIES & GENTLEMEN!!!!!!

4.) Montgomery Central: Both DeMarcus Greene & William Lyle return to lead Jimmy Young's Indians. Those are good enough players to get the Indians back to the Regionals this year. I wonder will Jackson South Side transfer Blake Clayton play basketball for the Indians this winter. He'd be a nice fit with the previous two.

5.) Fairview: Ben Johnson & Drew Bledsoe lead the Yellow Jackets and they really became a pesky nemesis at the end of the year last season to everyone in the district. Ask HHS HC Jamie Wilson. Coach Bledsoe's bunch will be picked by many outside of me to get to the Regionals.

6.) Cheatham Co.: The Cubs and thid year coach John Stigall are re-grouping following the graduation losses of Don Dansby & Joey Beach (along with Brian Briggs). Newcomer Tyler Stratton will take a huge role right away for a team that does return Dontario Dansby, Mark Campbell, & Jake Williams to the backcourt.

7.) Waverly Central: Coach Rawlings squad just can't catch a break. Despite Alex Green graduating I really expected this team to be near the top led by the return of players like Brandon Goode & Chase Collump. Goode quit the basketball team and Collump is gone for the year due to tearing ligaments in his knee during this football season. The losses of those three from last year's team won't be enough to get them over the hump I wouldn't believe.

8.) Stewart Co.: THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS!!!! The football team finally gets good in Dover but the basketball team is going to go back to their old ways following two successful seasons these last two years. Jake West & Jared Lancaster are both now at APSU. Coach Bramlett is also no longer the head basketball coach at SCHS. Expect this to be a major rebuilding year.

THERE'S YOUR 11AA PREVIEW FOLKS!!!!!

Tyler Guye did transfer to Sycamore. Tyler Cherry also transferred to Sycamore from Brentwood Academy. Those two will combine to join Pierre Mitchell, Travis Dempsey, Aaron Nicholson, Tyler Huston, Shane Staggs, Chase Kilgore, and the rest of the War Eagles. Sycamore is looking LOADED this year on the hardwood. If it all comes together then they are going to be a very tough team to beat for not only the other seven from this district but also for anyone in the state in Class AA. Remember that Liberty Tech is now AAA. McNairy Central graduated Ken Bingham from last year's good team. Bolivar Central may be the favorite to win AA this preseason but Sycamore isn't far behind them I assure anyone of this. Coach Pete Froedden is also in year number two. How long has it been since a Sycamore basketball coach has been able to say that???? Barry Jones (2003-2004), Vic Shelton (2004-2005), Brian Farmer (2005-2006), & last year was Froedden's first year (2006-2007).

THIS WILL BE THE BEST SYCAMORE BASKETBALL TEAM TALENT WISE SINCE THE 2002-2003 BUNCH that lost to Jackson South Side in the Sectional. That was a loaded bunch with Brian Vann, Logan Pierce, Adam Tinch, Sal Zavala, Josh Rives, Dustin Watts, & Josh Barksdale just to name a few. That Sycamore bunch went something like "26-6" on their way to dominating the district (outside of the two regular season games with Waverly).

Harpeth is the biggest threat to Sycamore for this district no question about it. Coach Jamie Wilson's Indians return Trey & Tyler Curruthers along with "Preseason District MVP" Kevin Giltner. Those three players alone are good enough to get Harpeth to the Regional Tourney no questions asked. The Indians also return Cody Freeman & Cody Hudson to the floor this upcoming winter. If Jones & Dixon can find any way at all to give them some production then Harpeth will be in the hunt to win this district. I believe that the losses of Baker & Newton are the glaring difference between the Indians & the War Eagles at this point. JAMIE WILSON LOVES IT WHEN I PICK AGAINST HIS TEAM THOUGH SO HERE IT GOES AGAIN RIGHT????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Creek Wood will be in the mix as well. The Red Hawks were one half away in last year's Regional 1st Round from knocking Bolivar Central out altogether. Creek Wood coach Charles Taylor returns his best team yet and they could beat either one of the top two on any given night. Ross Primm is a beast down low. Michael Jeppsen is a player who can bury the outside shot and could be the best player that nobody ever talks about in this district. Both Ethan & Cory Williams return to the floor for Creek Wood this season as well. Coach Taylor's bunch finished hot last year and reached the Regionals for the first time in school history. Don't be shocked to see them potentially build off of that success in a big time way this season.

4.) Montgomery Central: Both DeMarcus Greene & William Lyle return to lead Jimmy Young's Indians. Those are good enough players to get the Indians back to the Regionals this year. I wonder will Jackson South Side transfer Blake Clayton play basketball for the Indians this winter. He'd be a nice fit with the previous two.

5.) Fairview: Ben Johnson & Drew Bledsoe lead the Yellow Jackets and they really became a pesky nemesis at the end of the year last season to everyone in the district. Ask HHS HC Jamie Wilson. Coach Bledsoe's bunch will be picked by many outside of me to get to the Regionals.

6.) Cheatham Co.: The Cubs and thid year coach John Stigall are re-grouping following the graduation losses of Don Dansby & Joey Beach (along with Brian Briggs). Newcomer Tyler Stratton will take a huge role right away for a team that does return Dontario Dansby, Mark Campbell, & Jake Williams to the backcourt.

7.) Waverly Central: Coach Rawlings squad just can't catch a break. Despite Alex Green graduating I really expected this team to be near the top led by the return of players like Brandon Goode & Chase Collump. Goode quit the basketball team and Collump is gone for the year due to tearing ligaments in his knee during this football season. The losses of those three from last year's team won't be enough to get them over the hump I wouldn't believe.

8.) Stewart Co.: THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS!!!! The football team finally gets good in Dover but the basketball team is going to go back to their old ways following two successful seasons these last two years. Jake West & Jared Lancaster are both now at APSU. Coach Bramlett is also no longer the head basketball coach at SCHS. Expect this to be a major rebuilding year.

Looks like Sycamore is loaded for our district but I just don't see them getting out of the region. You have Bolivar who I've been told will be as good as Liberty last year and Jackson Southside who will again return a dominant team with a lot of returnees. Lexington I'm hearing may be improved too. West Tennessee basketball is just too good for us in middle Tennessee unfortunately.

Looks like Sycamore is loaded for our district but I just don't see them getting out of the region. You have Bolivar who I've been told will be as good as Liberty last year and Jackson Southside who will again return a dominant team with a lot of returnees. Lexington I'm hearing may be improved too. West Tennessee basketball is just too good for us in middle Tennessee unfortunately.

I had some friends in Harpeth who saw them play JSS last year in the Region opener. The Hawks are loaded with talent but I also hear that they play OUT OF CONTROL!!!! You can not do this against teams that are as well coached at Sycamore or Harpeth. Their coaching staffs will find ways to exploit your weaknesses and the players will make shots to boot.

Lexington has a new head coach now that Gardner is officially out. They did not even qualify for the Region last season. The Big Red Tigers have some things to prove to me. Remeber last time they played Sycamore in the Region tourney at Lexington?????? The War Eagles crushed them.

Outside of Bolivar Central the best three teams in the Region once the postseason hits will be Harpeth, Sycamore, & Creek Wood. BANK ON IT!!!!

but i noticed that u didnt say who was returnin for SC do u know of anyone? Yea i have to agree i have heard that their football is doin well to. Oh and who is the New Coach for the SC and where does he come from?

I'm taking Harpeth to win the district. I expect Giltner and co. to take care of business and get to the Boro. Harpeth is extremely talented this year and they also have experience. Harpeth is also one of my preseason picks for the State tourney come March also. I expect Sycamore to finsh second. Sycamore has some talent, but they have no leadership and they don't have that much experience either. I hate to bash on my War Eagles, but sorry. The rest is as follows-Creekwood, Fairview, Cheatham County, Waverly, Montgomery Central, and Stewart County.

I think this year is Harpeth or Sycamore breaks into the state tournament. 11-AA should have an easier road to the state with Liberty out of the way. I still think Bolivar will be the region champs, but I look for Harpeth or Sycamore to be in the final eight also.

Outside of Bolivar Central the best three teams in the Region once the postseason hits will be Harpeth, Sycamore, & Creek Wood. BANK ON IT!!!!

I wouldn't bank on that BC. Southside should be pretty evenly matched with Sycamore and Harpeth. I just think Harpeth and Sycamore have been knocking on the door for the last 2 years and this year is the year. Southside will be good.

I wouldn't bank on that BC. Southside should be pretty evenly matched with Sycamore and Harpeth. I just think Harpeth and Sycamore have been knocking on the door for the last 2 years and this year is the year. Southside will be good.

You know I had to find some way to get you over here from the football threads /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />