District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I expect good games, but the heart of the pep clubs will be lack luster for Harpeth in my opinion. Scott Newton, Chase Baker, and "the sixth man" were the biggest losses for Harpeth in my opinion.

The new guys will just have to step up HHSNumber1fan! Do the alums get to sit with the pep club or do they come over to the Geezer section with the 'rents? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Newton and Baker are huge losses. The posts will be bigger, but not as athletic. If Harpeth goes small, you better be able to run with them. I'm interested to see how they match up with different style teams this weekend at the playday.

Montgomery Central played in the Clarksville Jamboree last night. we lost i believe 38-21 to Rossview. we had it down to 6 points before we lost a few starters to foul trouble. both teams seemed rusty.

I projected Montgomery Central to finish 4th and get to the Regionals this season (along with Sycamore, Harpeth, & Creek Wood) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who played well for Jimmy Young's Indians last night?????

The new guys will just have to step up HHSNumber1fan! Do the alums get to sit with the pep club or do they come over to the Geezer section with the 'rents? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Newton and Baker are huge losses. The posts will be bigger, but not as athletic. If Harpeth goes small, you better be able to run with them. I'm interested to see how they match up with different style teams this weekend at the playday.

giltner is a big guard in the school ball. He has gotten much stronger over the offseason...i would expect to see him play the post in certain situations...this would allow Coach Wilson to have more playmakers on the court at one time.

giltner is a big guard in the school ball. He has gotten much stronger over the offseason...i would expect to see him play the post in certain situations...this would allow Coach Wilson to have more playmakers on the court at one time.

Not unless they've got all 5 around the 3 point arc. They might post him up out of their regular half court set, but I don't think you'd ever call Giltner anything other than a guard or small forward because of the way he handles the ball and shoots the 3. They might go 5 guards and he'd be the tallest one out there, but still not a traditional post.

Yea I guess we are in the Geezer section now! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And I can definitely see them going to a 5 guard set, and making some teams run and gun with them. I dont know how some teams will compete with them. Because I think Harpeth has the deepest bench with guards in the midstate. I am going to try and make the kenwood game next friday, but I dont know if I will make it or not. Would love to see the new group of "kings of Kinston" and what they got. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waverly scrimmaged East Hickman tonight. It went great for the Tigers. We shot the ball, we passed the ball better, and rebounded, despite our size. I was impressed really about how good our defense matched up against a bigger team. Granted East Hickman turned the ball over numerous times, most of the TO's were caused by good defense. I really enjoyed watching tonight. The players wanted to be playing and played like they had something to prove.

East Hickman doesn't match up to the teams in 11-AA really at all. Gonna be a long year for them.

I think the score was somewhere around 58-34 or something close to that.

They then played two quarters of JV, and Waverly won that as well 20-12 I think.

No seniors on this years team. Collump is out for the season, and apparently Brown isn't playing.

Waverly scrimmaged East Hickman tonight. It went great for the Tigers. We shot the ball, we passed the ball better, and rebounded, despite our size. I was impressed really about how good our defense matched up against a bigger team. Granted East Hickman turned the ball over numerous times, most of the TO's were caused by good defense. I really enjoyed watching tonight. The players wanted to be playing and played like they had something to prove.

East Hickman doesn't match up to the teams in 11-AA really at all. Gonna be a long year for them.

I think the score was somewhere around 58-34 or something close to that.

They then played two quarters of JV, and Waverly won that as well 20-12 I think.

No seniors on this years team. Collump is out for the season, and apparently Brown isn't playing.

NWTF, I still us really struggling to do much this year. East Hickman as you know is a first year school, learning a new system, new team mates, etc. We will be lucky to get out of the bottom, maybe finish higher than Stewart County or Montgomery Central but not any higher. We have no height and shooting only carries you so far especially in our District which has so many good defensive teams. We're still young too. I wasn't there but someone who was said we looked really sloppy.

even tho it is so early il still add my predicitions

1: Harpeth

2: Sycamore

3: Creekwood

4: Cheatham County

5: Waverly

6: Fairview

7: Montgomery Central

8: Stewart County

Well, Well Basketball season is here and everybody has SC last i remember the year everybody had SC last and we suprised some folks. hahaha SC will have to step they're game up huge to compete but i don't think they are last place we are atleast over waverly and Mont.Central, but ya'll have ur opinions but so do i, the student sections are always my highlight, the Rowdy Rebels lost alot but hopefully they're will be some to step it up but good luck to this season sorry i'm missing it Go REBS! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />