District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Sycamore won by 35 again tonight 67-32 against Houston Co. Pierre Mitchell scored 22 points and put on a show for the crowd with his dunking show.

2 GAMES = 2 WINS OF 35-POINTS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sycamore will get a test next week at the "Thanksgiving Classic" that will take place starting Wednesday at McGavock. The War Eagles play the Raiders in the night cap at 8:15PM on the eve of turkey day /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for finishing what i started...might be rough this year but most the guys are juniors and sophomores...so next year will look bright!!!Caleb will see plenty of time at 3 and 4 this year!!Forgot bout Travis Tuttle could see some playin...prolly bout 6'2 decent shot,pretty good ups...prolly be playing the 4 or 5 when he gets in the game!!!

The juniors will be BIG next year, or should I say the ones that have played together since elementary school (Smith twins, Earhart, Wallace, C. Taylor). All of them have showed dedication to the game. They have heart and will to succeed. With the addition of a couple of upcoming freshman they will do good.

However, I do hope that they burst the bubble of some this year. GO REBS!

Montgomery Central won tonite 60-53 against Hickman County. Hard fought game on both sides. Central got up 18 by the half but Hickman fought back and bgot the game tied back up by the end of the 3rd. Central got back to playin sum defense and not firein up quick shots in the 4th and end up winning. Its great to be 2-0 after the last few years, hopefully it continues. Keep playin hard Central

No DO GET EXCITED INDEED baseballer00. Congrats to Coach Jimmy Young & the Indians on a 2-0 start to the season. DeMarcus Greene scored 18 tonight and played well from what I hear. I believe Mont. Cent. can be much better this season and possibly make a run to the Regionals as they gain experience and confidence. Good Luck in the future to the Indians. Football season is tough and the young men in that school need something to build on and starting 2-0 in basketball is a good thing.

Fairview lost tonight to CPA 30-77 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

schsbbfan do you want me to give a full-out scouting report?? I could but I am not because all these coaches would see it I know a ton about these guys appearantly you do not know who I am and yes I forgot bout those 4 that just returned the main one in Tuttle. I know about as much as anyone about this team. What year did you graduate schsbbfan? recently or years-ago?? I know my bball and I am around the team a lot when I can. Also that wasn't the order of playing time because I think one of the listed starters might eventually be riding the pine a lot more.

schsbbfan do you want me to give a full-out scouting report?? I could but I am not because all these coaches would see it I know a ton about these guys appearantly you do not know who I am and yes I forgot bout those 4 that just returned the main one in Tuttle. I know about as much as anyone about this team. What year did you graduate schsbbfan? recently or years-ago?? I know my bball and I am around the team a lot when I can. Also that wasn't the order of playing time because I think one of the listed starters might eventually be riding the pine a lot more.

I don't know you and don't care. I speak truthfully about this team. If you knew so much about the team you would know that the boy you mentioned quit during summer camp along with several others. IF he has come back, it will be awhile before he plays because he has a lot of running to make up before he can practice with the team. So your scouting report means nothing to me. And as far as when I graduated, it does not matter. I have been involved with this team for the last 10 years. (alot) I played ball for SCHS and I have always been a fan since graduating over 15 years ago.

Don't get too excited. Waverly played Hickman County Tuesday night in the Hall of Fame game and lost in overtime. Found out that Hickman though was playing without 4 of their starters and would be the case last ight too.

Wait just one second.... so your tellin me not to get excited over bein 2-0. Last time i checked a WIN WAS A WIN. y should i feel any different on beatin a team that didnt have 4 starters. All im tryin to do is put down how my team did last nite. why do u have a problem with me doin that. It sounds like to me that ur just mad cuz u lost to um and we didnt.

Tonight's WQSV broadcast will feature Cheatham Co. at FRA. Tune in for all of the action starting at 6:30 this evening. The boys game will tip around 8:15. The Cubs put forth a very good effort in their opener before falling to Goodpasture 62-58. Mark Campbell had a double/double to lead the way for the Cubs. Other Cubs players to look out for include Dontario Dansby, Jake Williams, & Tyler Stratton. I'm looking forward to seeing Coach John Stigall's Cubs for the first time this season in tonight's game. This is a team that will hustle, fight, and battle with anyone from the opening tip to the final buzzer on any night.

IMO he, Stigall, was the best coach in the district last year because he took a team that had 1 SIGNIFICANT SCORER and got them to finish with a winning record and qualify for the Regionals. Outside of Joey Beach the Cubs were a stand and shoot type of team with Don Dansby, Tyler Guye, Mark Campbell, & Dustin Calhoun. Brian Briggs was even a perimeter type of player as a post defender who could not create his own shot on the block. Jeff Hoeh & Josh Brumit were your classic examples of workers who were in the game to hustle, rebound, and defend. For a team to go to the Regionals last year with 1 SCORING THREAT and a bunch of spot shooters (PLUS NO INSIDE OFFENSIVE THREAT TO SPEAK OF) is an amazing accomplishment in the basketball sense of today. That speaks high volumes for Coach Stigall & his staff and the job that those guys do in Ashland City.

Good Luck to the Cubs tonight at FRA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tonight's WQSV broadcast will feature Cheatham Co. at FRA. Tune in for all of the action starting at 6:30 this evening. The boys game will tip around 8:15. The Cubs put forth a very good effort in their opener before falling to Goodpasture 62-58. Mark Campbell had a double/double to lead the way for the Cubs. Other Cubs players to look out for include Dontario Dansby, Jake Williams, & Tyler Stratton. I'm looking forward to seeing Coach John Stigall's Cubs for the first time this season in tonight's game. This is a team that will hustle, fight, and battle with anyone from the opening tip to the final buzzer on any night.

IMO he, Stigall, was the best coach in the district last year because he took a team that had 1 SIGNIFICANT SCORER and got them to finish with a winning record and qualify for the Regionals. Outside of Joey Beach the Cubs were a stand and shoot type of team with Don Dansby, Tyler Guye, Mark Campbell, & Dustin Calhoun. Brian Briggs was even a perimeter type of player as a post defender who could not create his own shot on the block. Jeff Hoeh & Josh Brumit were your classic examples of workers who were in the game to hustle, rebound, and defend. For a team to go to the Regionals last year with 1 SCORING THREAT and a bunch of spot shooters (PLUS NO INSIDE OFFENSIVE THREAT TO SPEAK OF) is an amazing accomplishment in the basketball sense of today. That speaks high volumes for Coach Stigall & his staff and the job that those guys do in Ashland City.

Good Luck to the Cubs tonight at FRA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You really do not believe Don Dansby was a signigicant scorer? I really believe that he was a very good penetrator, not as good as Joey Beach, but still very good.

You really do not believe Don Dansby was a signigicant scorer? I really believe that he was a very good penetrator, not as good as Joey Beach, but still very good.

I do not believe Don could create his own shot on a regular basis like Beach could. I like Don and he did great things for the basketball program at CCCHS for 4 years (ie the come-from-behind win at Creek Wood two years ago). He was more of a defender and a shooter than a slasher in my view. Of course that just my opinion so take it for what it's worth right. You are 100% entitled to your own HHSnumber1fan.

Kenwood will be very athletic like usual. If Tyler Caruthers gets to play which is doubtful from what I hear, that is just another scoring threat. Also if Cody Hudson gets to play it will be another penetrator/mid range shooter. It should be a good game, and a hard fought game. Team with the least amount of turnovers wins the game, and i think that team will be Harpeth, but who knows.

Tyler is playing tonight, however Husdon is doubtful. This game should be a great prep for CPA's athletic ability.

Wait just one second.... so your tellin me not to get excited over bein 2-0. Last time i checked a WIN WAS A WIN. y should i feel any different on beatin a team that didnt have 4 starters. All im tryin to do is put down how my team did last nite. why do u have a problem with me doin that. It sounds like to me that ur just mad cuz u lost to um and we didnt.

baseballer you have a right to be excited. This is a good start for MC and hopefully a springboard to a winning season . After this week they can say something that only half the teams in Tn. can say. That is they have not lost a game. You never know what could happen when a bunch of hard working young men can do when they start believing in temselves and believing they can win!!!! It is exciting regaurdless how the rest of the season may turn out.

I do not believe Don could create his own shot on a regular basis like Beach could. I like Don and he did great things for the basketball program at CCCHS for 4 years (ie the come-from-behind win at Creek Wood two years ago). He was more of a defender and a shooter than a slasher in my view. Of course that just my opinion so take it for what it's worth right. You are 100% entitled to your own HHSnumber1fan.

I know that everybody is entitled to there opinion. That is just mine for watching and playing with Don for the past 6 years. Beach was a better penetrator by far. If Cheatham's coach can do it again this year, finish top 4 then I can see him getting coach of the year. But in my opinion Wilson or Froedden are still both atop the district.