District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I am not mistaken everybody had Stewart in the top 4! I dont think anybody that knew anything about 11aa basketball would have been dumb enough to put lancaster and west at the bottom.

Stewart Co. fell shy of expectations last season because they did not even get to go to the Regional Tournament due to the fact that the Rebels were beaten in the opening round of the District Tournament. That is not very good for a team that has Jake West & Jared Lancaster on the floor. Those two guys never got the help from the supporting cast that they truly needed to get throughout last season. That's why they struggled late.

Two year ago I picked Stewart Co. to go to the Regional Tourney and they did behind Jake West's dominating season in 2005-2006. They played Bolivar Central very close for a half that year but got blew off of the floor by Kemp & Chism in the second half of play. When the Rebels beat Sycamore that season in the game right before the Christmas Break Holidays that proved to everyone that they were for real.

This year the Rebels are going to STRUGGLE GREATLY!!!! If it hurts feelings then that is too bad but it's the truth. DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE!!!!

i cant wait for the harpeth/sycamore game, but unfortunately it will be a lil while

i look for close pumped games that could come down to the wire, harpeth get your student section back up cause ours is rockin /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

i cant wait for the harpeth/sycamore game, but unfortunately it will be a lil while

i look for close pumped games that could come down to the wire, harpeth get your student section back up cause ours is rockin /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well as sad as it may be.... harpeth lost their very powerful 6th man last year. I dont look for the harpeth student section to be all that. who knows though, they might suprise /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SC has Jake taylor who is a beast inside and has really learned how to knock the shot down as well, they have the smith twins these boys can ball dylan the more aggressive and all around shooter and boone the ball handler, tight D, and an awesome outside shot, they also added on Brandon Lee which can take you anyway he wants, also with matt earhart and gavin wallace coming with some speed and tight D these are some main ones but they all really go hard til the end of the game be ready to be surprised!! Go REBS!!!

yea i think i remember that post (taylor) and the twins. but i dont remember these other players. How can they stand the pressure like from harpeth and sycamore gives? not most can stand it. or do they just want to be like another jake west(ball hog, hear from good sources.) so what do u think CatfishHunterJr. or anyone else.

Harpeth ended up winning by 44 or so. They(Cascade) had 8 out for football, so there athletism was down a bit. I still believe Harpeth would have won. But I will let ksgovols tell you all the rest. Harpeth also didnt have two big time players though in Cody Hudson and Tyler Caruthers. They should be back soon enough and make a huge contribution to the team.

Cascade had alot out for football. 8 I think. Harpeth had 6 that didn't dress. Everybody else played. At one time there were 5 freshmen on the floor............and they didn't do too bad. Let's face it, it was a glorified scrimmage when a decent 1A team is without 8 athletes. Harpeth had too many weapons. Trey's last dunk was one step past the free throw line and a soaring left handed jam with room to spare. He's going to be fun to watch this year. Giltner looked very polished. Horkins made some athletic moves to get to the rim. He'll finish better when he gets his basketball legs. The offense looked decent against an overmatched opponent. Too many fouls on defense. Mostly silly slapping fouls and over the backs.

Kenwood will be a much better test. Harpeth will have to play much better to stay in the gym with CPA.