District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I know all about McNairy, I was talking about #10 from Harpeth.

Losing Ken is a big loss. But McNairy is very well coached and they have some talent, if they can can keep playing like they are now they could be a dangerous team.

Kevin Giltner /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007-2008 DISTRICT 11-AA COMPOSITE BASKETBALL REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

Friday November 30, 2007

Sycamore at Cheatham County

Creek Wood at Harpeth

Fairview at Stewart County

Monday December 3, 2007

Waverly at Fairview

Tuesday December 4, 2007

Fairview at Sycamore

Stewart County at Creek Wood

Harpeth at Cheatham County

Montgomery Central at Waverly

Friday December 7, 2007

Waverly at Stewart County

Montgomery Central at Cheatham County

Sycamore at Harpeth

Monday December 10, 2007

Stewart County at Fairview

Tuesday December 11, 2007

Fairview at Cheatham County

Sycamore at Creek Wood

Friday December 14, 2007

Stewart County at Sycamore

Montgomery Central at Fairview

Creek Wood at Waverly

Thursday December 20, 2007

Creek Wood at Montgomery Central

Friday January 4, 2008

Montgomery Central at Sycamore

Harpeth at Fairview

Cheatham County at Waverly

Creek Wood at Stewart County

Tuesday January 8, 2008

Cheatham County at Stewart County

Fairview at Montgomery Central

Waverly at Harpeth

Friday January 11, 2008

Fairview at Creek Wood

Cheatham County at Montgomery Central

Stewart County at Harpeth

Sycamore at Waverly

Tuesday January 15, 2008

Fairview at Harpeth

Creek Wood at Cheatham County

Sycamore at Stewart County

Waverly at Montgomery Central

Friday January 18, 2008

Montgomery Central at Stewart County

Harpeth at Waverly

Cheatham County at Sycamore

Saturday January 19, 2008

Harpeth at Creek Wood

Tuesday January 22, 2008

Creek Wood at Sycamore

Montgomery Central at Harpeth

Stewart County at Waverly

Friday January 25, 2008

Harpeth at Stewart County

Sycamore at Montgomery Central

Waverly at Cheatham County

Tuesday January 29, 2008

Stewart County at Cheatham County

Creek Wood at Montgomery Central

Fairview at Waverly

Friday February 1, 2008

Cheatham County at Harpeth

Waverly at Sycamore

Stewart County at Montgomery Central

Creek Wood at Fairview

Tuesday February 5, 2008

Sycamore at Fairview

Cheatham County at Creek Wood

Harpeth at Montgomery Central

Friday February 8, 2008

Harpeth at Sycamore

Cheatham County at Fairview

Waverly at Creek Wood

THE 2008 DISTRICT 11-AA TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD AT CHEATHAM COUNTY CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THE UPCOMING CAMPAIGN & HERE'S TO A GREAT SEASON!!!!!!

sorry im a lil late on the NW MC game. we lost 70 sumthin to 50 sumthin lol. the score was tainted because the put in the bench players when the game was out of reach. We were down by 3 at half but there speed and athleticism took over in the 3rd. Demarcus Greene has proven that he can be a force for this team. he scored 37 points in this game. He should battle for the district MVP this season. It all depends on how we do thru the district schedule.

I think D. Greene is definitely an MVP contender this year in 11AA

I wonder why Papatiger cannot be as optimistic about Waverly as he was about Waverly football.No matter what happened in football,he was always positive and had an excuse for every loss.Does not seem to be that way in basketball.Yes,Waverly appears to be small and athletic,but they play twice as hard as last years team did.Having no seniors is not that bad.The only one coming back was collump and he had entirely too many turnovers for a pg.Be a little more optimistic big PAPA.Waverly may not finish int he top 2,but they could finsh 3 or 4 in this district.Dont mean too jump on BIG PAPA,but i detect a little bitterness in your posts.Did you have a boy play for Waverly in the past?Did he play alot?Something against the coach?You were quik to defend Waverly football and the players that wer hurt or pretended to be hurt off and on all year.Try to be a bit more positive if you can.These guys are working hard and are tougher than alot of those guys that were on the football team.Stating the facts is fine,but state the facts for both sports.You know as well as every other parent that watched their kids play football this year,that a lot of those injured players could have played if they had wanted to-thats the truth and i know--sometimes the truth hurts.I commend Coach Graves for getting rid of the guys at the end of the year.I dont think Coach Rawlings will put up with that stuff either.

Tonight's game at Greenbrier was a joke. Sycamore flat out dominated. When a team leads 50-15 at the half you know they are going far. I don't care how bad Greenbrier is.. Sycamore was on tonight. The threes just kept falling in the basket for Sycamore. The final score was seventy something to thirty something. The jv got put in with plenty of time left in the fourth, so I kind of lost interest /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . If Sycamore plays like they did tonight no one in the district can stop them. Hmmm No one in the state could stop them /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ... ok nvm I'll wait a little while before I go that far.. But none the less Sycamore is hot and ready for districts.. Bring it on

Tonight's game at Greenbrier was a joke. Sycamore flat out dominated. When a team leads 50-15 at the half you know they are going far. I don't care how bad Greenbrier is.. Sycamore was on tonight. The threes just kept falling in the basket for Sycamore. The final score was seventy something to thirty something. The jv got put in with plenty of time left in the fourth, so I kind of lost interest /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . If Sycamore plays like they did tonight no one in the district can stop them. Hmmm No one in the state could stop them /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ... ok nvm I'll wait a little while before I go that far.. But none the less Sycamore is hot and ready for districts.. Bring it on

Greenbrier???? Are you serious?? They are 1-4 with a whopping victory over...Jo Byrns?? Thats funny. If it makes you feel better Clarksville NE held them to 23 points /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . But good luck with winning state. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> If everybody is like greenbrier it should be a Harpeth vs. Sycamore state title. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Greenbrier???? Are you serious?? They are 1-4 with a whopping victory over...Jo Byrns?? Thats funny. If it makes you feel better Clarksville NE held them to 23 points /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . But good luck with winning state. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> If everybody is like greenbrier it should be a Harpeth vs. Sycamore state title. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm glad I pointed out I was joking about state. It seems that you always have to criticize other people's posts to make you and your team look better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You're pretty good at that by the way.

I'll remember to bring some tissues December 7th and find you after the game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Congrats to Sycamore on winning tonight, but Harpeth is a huge challenge for them come December 7th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm glad I pointed out I was joking about state. It seems that you always have to criticize other people's posts to make you and your team look better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You're pretty good at that by the way.

I'll remember to bring some tissues December 7th and find you after the game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well I don't have to criticize anybody for my team to do any better. I used to do the same thing, that you did in your last post. I was just let down A LOT. And you most likely will too.

ps

That is why I put the Sycamore vs. Harpeth state title game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can't wait for Hapreth vs. Sycamore Dec. 7th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wonder why Papatiger cannot be as optimistic about Waverly as he was about Waverly football.No matter what happened in football,he was always positive and had an excuse for every loss.Does not seem to be that way in basketball.Yes,Waverly appears to be small and athletic,but they play twice as hard as last years team did.Having no seniors is not that bad.The only one coming back was collump and he had entirely too many turnovers for a pg.Be a little more optimistic big PAPA.Waverly may not finish int he top 2,but they could finsh 3 or 4 in this district.Dont mean too jump on BIG PAPA,but i detect a little bitterness in your posts.Did you have a boy play for Waverly in the past?Did he play alot?Something against the coach?You were quik to defend Waverly football and the players that wer hurt or pretended to be hurt off and on all year.Try to be a bit more positive if you can.These guys are working hard and are tougher than alot of those guys that were on the football team.Stating the facts is fine,but state the facts for both sports.You know as well as every other parent that watched their kids play football this year,that a lot of those injured players could have played if they had wanted to-thats the truth and i know--sometimes the truth hurts.I commend Coach Graves for getting rid of the guys at the end of the year.I dont think Coach Rawlings will put up with that stuff either.

First of all, I have stated that this is a talented but young team that plays hard and shoots well. Second of all, I have not been negative. I did state not to get excited about staying with a Hickman County team that didn't have all of it's starters or Perry County who was younger than us and single A. A lot of people tend to want to begin to think that they are world beaters by winning a couple of games. That's the reason a lot of guys don't like my posts because I call it like I see it. Now as far as football, I don't know who didn't play that could have but all year, I thought that Waverly was better than a lot of their competition. In basketball we are too young to do a whole lot. Granted this is a very talented sophomore class. I was thinking tonight when they were beating Camden, that they remind me of the Harpeth boys a lot. Just without the size that HArpeth has. And we all know that if you can't have an inside game you are not going very far. As far as Rawlings as a coach, he is playing a lot of guys and I like that, because that builds depth. I think that these guys will pull some upsets this year, but I think their biggest chance will be next year when these sophomores get a year under their belt. Also, we have to hope the 6'5" Smith boy who is a freshman develops this year on the freshmen team. As far as third or fourth, I think that would be wishful thinking. It would be nice, but I think HArpeth and Sycamore will have the top two places, followed by Creek Wood, Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, then Waverly. I sure hope that the experience these young guys are gaining, will pay off at the end of the year.

You're right, these guys do play their tails off and they are at least fun to watch.