District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Georgia Tech had a representative in attendance taking a look at Trey Carruthers. GT was in town for the Vandy game.

A pretty good 2A high school basketball atmosphere I thought. Creekwood represented well with their student section and the stands were practically packed. Only Sycamore and maybe Cheatham would compete crowd wise in Harpeth's gym.

thats awsome for a georgia tech scout to be lookin at him

big game this friday

any predictions or are we saving predictions

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big game this friday

Well both teams match up very well against each other. Harpeth has Cheatham tuesday, but I think Harpeth will take that one. I will go ahead and put my two cents in on the game Friday as I will be leaving from Cookeville to come see the game.

Harpeth has a good shooter in Tyler Caruthers, Sycamore has a good shooter in Aaron Nicholson.

Harpeth has a good distributor in Cody Freeman, Sycamore has a good distributor in Tyler Guye.

They both have great athletes and team leaders in Kevin Giltner and Pierre Mitchell.

Here is where Sycamore has an edge.. Post presence. But I believe if Kendrick Jones gets in the game a little more and is healthy Harpeth will be able to contain them.

Harpeth has the edge in the depth of gaurd play with Trey Caruthers, Cody Hudson, Cody Freeman, Patrick Clark, Perry Horkins, Tyler Caruthers and Kevin Giltner.

Sycamore might be able to contain that a little with Tyler Guye, Chase Kilgore, Aaron Nicholson, and Pierre Mitchell.

Keenan Froedden was not added to my list, because he has yet to play in a big time game in the biggest rivalry in the district and now the entire region. Once he gets this under his belt we will see where he comes in.

I think Harpeth continues the win streak, but you never know with this game. Can not wait!!

Fairview beat Waverly 62-55 last night to get their second straight district win. Waverly lead most of the game, but Fairview was able to come back in the fourth. These are the games Fairview needs to win (over Waverly ans SC) if they want to get into the top four of this district.

Waverly, for all the people that said they are terrible, they played hard and smart. I don't know the kid's name, but #1 can really shoot lights out for them, he just has no help inside or outside.

big game this friday

I'm not going to make mine until later in the week. Cheatham first. I'm not a fan of playing the in county rivalry games back to back in the same week to begin with. If Harpeth looks past Cheatham to Sycamore, they're ripe for an upset tonight. If the Cheatham game takes alot out of Harpeth emotionally, they might have a hard time getting back to where they need to be by Friday night's game.

On the other hand, it's good preparation for district tournament.

HHSNumber1Fan. It would surprise me if any freshmen play a significant role in Friday night's game.

This will be a great game

both teams lack size but can make it up with athleticism and shooting ability

i look for sycamore to utilize the post play with Dempsey, if Dempsey can have a big game i can see sycamore pulling it out in a close one that comes down to the wire like every year.

if Dempsey gets into foul trouble Sycamore needs Kilgore to have another big game

I will be looking forward to seeing Mitchell matched up with giltner as well

Pierre may be the best defender in the district taking on the best shooter in the district

cant wait

This will be a great game

both teams lack size but can make it up with athleticism and shooting ability

i look for sycamore to utilize the post play with Dempsey, if Dempsey can have a big game i can see sycamore pulling it out in a close one that comes down to the wire like every year.

if Dempsey gets into foul trouble Sycamore needs Kilgore to have another big game

I will be looking forward to seeing Mitchell matched up with giltner as well

Pierre may be the best defender in the district taking on the best shooter in the district

cant wait

Harpeth has a 6'8 post who from the stats the past few games has been stepping up a little. He had 10 against Dickson, we will see how he does. I cannot wait for the game either. If Sycamore's post can shoot over Dixon then it should be a very close game indeed.

Harpeth has a 6'8 post who from the stats the past few games has been stepping up a little. He had 10 against Dickson, we will see how he does. I cannot wait for the game either. If Sycamore's post can shoot over Dixon then it should be a very close game indeed.

if youre talking about the big red headed boy dixon he was never more than a big ogre, he could rebound but was too slow and couldnt shoot

the athleticism of dempsey could be key

sycamore beat cheatham by 34 harpteth beat them tonight by 13 i believe

sycamore beat fairview tonight holding them under twenty points it wasnt close

this only makes me feel a little better about friday however these games are always close no matter what and tend to be full of surprises

Fairview beat Waverly 62-55 last night to get their second straight district win. Waverly lead most of the game, but Fairview was able to come back in the fourth. These are the games Fairview needs to win (over Waverly ans SC) if they want to get into the top four of this district.

Waverly, for all the people that said they are terrible, they played hard and smart. I don't know the kid's name, but #1 can really shoot lights out for them, he just has no help inside or outside.

Who said they were terrible. They are a lot better than they were last year. Justin Vogel is the leader of this young team. He is going to be really special and for those who say that anyone has dissed any of these guys is a complete lie. Nothing has been posted or said but a lot of rumors are flying in Waverly. Imagine that.

In fact, most people including myself are really disappointed that we didn't beat Fairview after playing such a good game against Dickson county. We didn't play nearly as well against Fairview.

very very very sloppy play tonight for Harpeth. First off, no one could hit a shot. Secondly, IMO, terrible passing. Lastly, sub-par defense. This combination SHOULD equal a loss for Harpeth. However, Harpeth managed to survive on athletism for the victory. If Harpeth plays the brand of basketball played tonight, the War Eagles will have their way with them.

As for my views regarding the friday match-up: Harpeth will try to run the floor earily as always. this should set the tone for the game. Hudson will have a lead role. Momentum seems to shift quickly if his jumpers are falling. (they are unstoppable if he is in rythme). Demsey will also be a big factor. IMO, if Demsey can stay out of foul trouble it will be a last possession game. Having not seen Sycamore play this year I'm not going to make a definite prediction, but I'll say 4 points either way.

If Harpeth plays Friday like they did tonight, it'll be over by halftime. On a positive note, they played probably their worst game of the year and won by 11. Hudson had 16, Tyler Carruthers had 11 in the 2nd quarter and that was it, Giltner had 11. Trey only attempted 5 shots. The officiating was horrible as was some of Harpeth's decisions. If Cheatham could hit their free throws, they might have won it.

Anybody that watched both games tonight had to leave unimpressed with supposedly the best girl's team in the district and one of the top 2 boys teams. Neither impressed me.

This is the usual game for Harpeth when they play Cheatham three days before Sycamore. Do they ever play the same way against Sycamore?? NO.. They most likely wont this time either. It never suprises me when the score is close, not even with this Cheatham team.

Dixon did not play football this year so he could improve in basketball. I think he will be more of a defensive problem for Sycamore's tiny post. They are tiny compared to him, and if Coach Wilson plays him in an effective role then it will work in Harpeth's favor. What I mean by that is just put him in long enough where he isn't slowing the pace of the game and he is not tired. As long as they do that I think harpeth will be fine. Dempsey will have a few points, but not enough to make a huge difference. I can't wait for friday, I will be there bright and early see ya there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />