District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I do agree.. It was avery well played ball game tonight. But there is one thing.. Waverly showed some bad sportsman ship at times tonight.. I mean.. come on.. they got two Technical Fouls called on them tonight, one on the coach and the other on a player. And then when one boy got fouled out (41)and another one that was sitting on the bench turn around to SC fans as they cheer on their team and flip them off and cuss at them! That is just very rude and disrespectful. I know that the coach was told about this though, so maybe he will do something and the boys will learn their lesson! hopefully! Cause sports are not supposed to be about that!

Thank you beacon of sportsmanship for your brilliant and unbiased insight. SC fans are the most hypocritical in the district. Everyone who has played at SC knows the antics and unsportsmanlike tactics of your crowd. You guys have no place scolding the players or fans of ANY other team. Congratulations on a big win last night, but nobody wants to listen to some junk like this.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you beacon of sportsmanship for your brilliant and unbiased insight. SC fans are the most hypocritical in the district. Everyone who has played at SC knows the antics and unsportsmanlike tactics of your crowd. You guys have no place scolding the players or fans of ANY other team. Congratulations on a big win last night, but nobody wants to listen to some junk like this.

Very true about the stewart county team and fans. Two years ago they had that little point gaurd who was the biggest loser on the squad, because of his whining and complaining about everything. I remember one time they were playing at Harpeth and he fouled out and came back on the bench turned around to our student section and told us to F@## off. Then after the game he wanted to try stuff with kids in the student section, but what made it worse was the coach told him to go for it. There are many witnesses in this case. Stewart is very hippocritical in what they are saying for sure.

Very true about the stewart county team and fans. Two years ago they had that little point gaurd who was the biggest loser on the squad, because of his whining and complaining about everythin

g. I remember one time they were playing at Harpeth and he fouled out and came back on the bench turned around to our student section and told us to F@## off. Then after the game he wanted to try stuff with kids in the student section, but what made it worse was the coach told him to go for it. There are many witnesses in this case. Stewart is very hippocritical in what they are saying for sure.

I am not saying that Stewart Countys student section is perfect.. but if you now see.. they are no where near the other team thru the game, they are behind their own player. I am saying that players are supposed to be role models.. and that last night def. was not a role model at all! And as far as that game at Harpeth a few years ago, maybe you need to think about that night again.. it was starting way before the game with the boys in the lobby and some of the stuff the student section was saying was totally uncalled for! And then in the parking lot afterwards? That was just crazy on BOTH schools!

i was at the sycamore/harpeth game tonight and yeah it was sloppy but sycamore made more plays because their players understand their roles. harpeth has 2 very good players in guiltner and caruthers but the role players think they are studs or something. until coach wilson gets them to play their roles they will keep being sloppy. sycamore played a pretty good game, pierre did a good job on guiltner. chase kilgore came up huge for sycamore tonight, he is gonna be a big part of sycamores success. the only thing i see hurting sycamore is the presence of a big man or the lack there of. should be a pretty good season in 11 aa.

Exactly. In 11AA. Seen Bolivar? I have. Unless both of these teams step up their play, 11AA is as far as either of them are going.

I was extremely disappointed in last nights game. It was sloppy ball more than good defense. I'm not harpethfan08's reliable source, but here's some shooting percentages from last nights game. Names have been withheld to protect the innocent.

Harpeth, 1-3, 3-9, 4-11, 0-3, 0-4, 3-9, 0-1, 3-11, 0-2, 3-5 ( 17-58 as a team from the field, 6-21 on 3 pointers, 11-37 inside the arc)

Sycamore, 6-10, 5-8, 2-11, 2-6, 1-5, 5-7 (21-47 as a team from the field, 2-10 on 3 pointers, 19-37 inside the arc)

I'd say more than half of the misses for both teams were from point blank range.

For Harpeth, if they are going to live by the 3 or die by the 3, they need to make their layups when the 3's aren't falling.

For Sycamore, they need to keep the 5 or 6 contributors that they have in the game for as long as they can. Stupid fouls and () this close to a technical in the first quarter isn't the best way to accomplish that.

It's a long way to the end of the season. Thank God. These 2 have a long way to go.

Congrats to Cheatham Co. on breaking through into the "W" column last night. The addition of the beast to the basketball team makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. It's always a bonus to have a 6'4 280lbs. player inside that is an athlete and can be a force.

Congrats to Sycamore on beating a very good Harpeth bunch in what I expect to be the first of quite a few meetings between the two teams this year. Both teams can play and will play better as the season progresses into the future but right now effort is a key and both teams have a lot of it when they take the floor.

Congrats to Cheatham Co. on breaking through into the "W" column last night. The addition of the beast to the basketball team makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. It's always a bonus to have a 6'4 280lbs. player inside that is an athlete and can be a force.

Congrats to Sycamore on beating a very good Harpeth bunch in what I expect to be the first of quite a few meetings between the two teams this year. Both teams can play and will play better as the season progresses into the future but right now effort is a key and both teams have a lot of it when they take the floor.

Who is this beast??? Wouldnt be a big lineman/ tightend would it??