District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ballbasher30 you have to remember SC just had their old coach resign and have had all of 2 practices with their new coach with 2 walkthroughs so I mean come on man by the end of the year this SC team will be very tough. This SC team has been through a lot together and if we play again and if I was a betting man I would go with SC and I am sure there would be others not from SC to say the same thing. You said some scored on free throws and putbacks but isnt that part of the game?? Box out better and don't foul otherwise people will score like that. Also SC is still trying to get better conditioning wise and learn the offense and defense because not everyone played last year at SC. If Coach Craig pulls out a regional appearance there is no reason he shouldn't get Coach of the Year!

ballbasher30 you have to remember SC just had their old coach resign and have had all of 2 practices with their new coach with 2 walkthroughs so I mean come on man by the end of the year this SC team will be very tough. This SC team has been through a lot together and if we play again and if I was a betting man I would go with SC and I am sure there would be others not from SC to say the same thing. You said some scored on free throws and putbacks but isnt that part of the game?? Box out better and don't foul otherwise people will score like that. Also SC is still trying to get better conditioning wise and learn the offense and defense because not everyone played last year at SC. If Coach Craig pulls out a regional appearance there is no reason he shouldn't get Coach of the Year!

I agree with you. No one wants to believe that SC can come back after the bad start we had. The boys have been through a lot and are showing they can play ball. For those of you unwilling to see this fact, so be it. Our boys have had a difficult 2 weeks but they continue to make great progress. The coaches are showing the talent was always there. It just needed to be pulled out of the boys. Great job coaches and players!!!!

I don't have to investigate anything because I have seen your students behind the opposing team's bench, just like the poster from Waverly has. You must have selective memory or something, but at least you learned how to use the spell check option on your computer. I will not argue this point any more, as fans from 2 other teams in the district have backed up my statements. Congratulations on a big win last night at Fairview. I expect SC to be a team on the rise with Craig and Bramlett in charge now. Does anyone out there have the current district standings and the schedule for the remainder of this week? (Big Country?)

Selective memory is not a trait I have. Telling the truth is, unlike you and anyone else making false statements about where the students sit. However, that is part of the game. Yelling and distractions should not hurt a true talented team. So "howdoitknow" anything if you can't get facts correct. However, you are correct in saying that this argument is over. SC does not need to prove this to you. It is evident at a game.

Go Rebels!!! Rowdy Rebels keep doing what you do best!! It seems to be working!!!

Big Country do you believe this big guy or potts could have impacted the Harpeth matchup considering the way Harpeth performed that night?

Yes because outside of #15 for Harpeth there was NOT 1 PLAYER for the Indians that could hit a shot from the perimeter that night. That means that a lot of the Indians points came from inside. Henry makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the paint for a Cubs team that I expect to get another district win tonight against Fairview.

Potts is the starting QB for the football team and is a very good basketball player in terms of raw ability. When he actually learns the game from guys like Stigall, Stewart, & Dawson and can fit into the team concept he'll be a quality addition to the backcourt later in the season (AFTER CHRISTMAS BREAK).

It doesn't matter though. Harpeth was the better team when they had to be and they won the game and that's all that matters right now. Good Luck to the Indians the rest of the way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Stewart Co. has won two in a row against Waverly Central & Fairview (who they've now split the season series with). Congrats to the Rebels on that accomplishment.

DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS

1.) Sycamore (3-0)

2.) Harpeth (2-1)

3.) Creek Wood (1-1)

4.) Fairview (2-2)

4.) Stewart Co. (2-2)

6.) Cheatham Co. (1-2)

6.) Waverly Central (1-2)

8.) Montgomery Central (0-2)

Sycamore has seized control of the district early on in this young season and they have a chance to further control things tonight with a huge road test looming at Creek Wood. With a win the War Eagles will have won the road games against Harpeth, Creek Wood, & Cheatham Co. thus far this season. If Creek Wood wins then that puts them and Harpeth right back in the thick of the race as the 3-WAY race for a district title would then be on.

Fairview and Stewart Co. have already played one another twice this season and each team won a game to earn the season split in the series. I would not expect that to be the last split in this district either. #4-#8 (and that may even include #3) in this district seems to be a case of you could put any of them in a bag and pull out a winner on any given night. The teams are just too darn even to call winners in those games as we could sometimes do in years past. I know that the #3 vs #6 & #4 vs #5 matchups when the district tourney starts this postseason will be two very entertaining games.

Harpeth's game with Goodpasture tonite has been cancelled due to the death of the president of Goodpasture,

Okay does that make next Friday a doubleheader then since Harpeth is scheduled to play Goodpasture again that night????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just thought that I would ask!!!! I know Harpeth's "Pre-Christmas" schedule has been brutal. Next week they have games against Goodpasture, Dickson Co., & CPA.

NOW THAT DESERVES A WHOA!!!!

i hate to hear the tragic news about the Goodpasture president.

I believe the week break for Hapreth will play into their favor. I think Coach Wilson will have his players get back to the fundamentals. This will put the team in the position to the strict brand of ball Wilson likes to play. I don't know much about G'pasture, however I would say 2 of out 3 wins (and keep the CPA game close) next week will put Harpeth back where they need to be. The season is still very young don't count anyone out of the regular season hunt, yet.

Harpeth's game with Goodpasture tonite has been cancelled due to the death of the president of Goodpasture,

When is the game going to be made up? And i don't know about CPA and Goodpasture but Harpeth should beat Dickson Co. if they play smart and hit their shots... Do they shoot well on a consistent basis or have they been struggling lately?

When is the game going to be made up? And i don't know about CPA and Goodpasture but Harpeth should beat Dickson Co. if they play smart and hit their shots... Do they shoot well on a consistent basis or have they been struggling lately?

They shoot well on a consistent basis, but the past two games they shot very poorly. It just happened to be against the two county rivals. They will get back to what they do best, and contend for the 11aa title. I look for Harpeth to pull 2 of the three games next week. The CPA game could be a little sloppy, due to the fact that we play GP the night before.

wow its pretty funny that waverly is claimed to have such bad sportsmanship, why isnt any other schools complained about it?? but yet there are many others on here who think sc has bad sportsmanship and its not just the waverly people that see it! and about the student section, it doesnt matter to me where they sit but they should not interfere with the coaching or communicate with anybody on the bench cuz that, my friends, is bad sportsmanship...and isnt it supposed to be a rule that your not allowed to call out a certain jersey number and stuff from the student section?? idk if it is or not for sure but believe it should be... and something else, i went to the waverly stewart co game last year in dover and the student section was behind the waverly bench and you really could tell during timeouts when the section would hover over the team as far as the could to holler so that the team could not listen to the coach. but this argument on here is nonsense and should have no reason to be on here because we all know about the stewart county and waverly hate for each other and all sc is doin is trying to start something that has no point on coacht because its all wrong. but lets hope papa dont get a word of this cuz we know this forum will be full of SC vs. PapaT posts

I've been reading these posts. I don't have a thing to say other than fans are a part of the game. I do remember the fans behind the Waverly bench last year or the year before and the coach made his players pull the chairs out on the floor. But lets face it guys, you gotta play the game like there is no one in the gym. Players shouldn't let the fans affect them. Good ones don't. I really haven't seen any one place any more unsportsmanlke than the other. Just kids having fun. As long as it doesn't get dirty, I have no problem with it. Also, rednecktiger, I don't have any problem with anyone in SC. Sorry to disappoint you. Just because we disagreed about football don't mean we have problems.

SC, you have a really good coach and I agree, he will make your players better. Craig is a master mind at basketball IMO.

I've been reading these posts. I don't have a thing to say other than fans are a part of the game. I do remember the fans behind the Waverly bench last year or the year before and the coach made his players pull the chairs out on the floor. But lets face it guys, you gotta play the game like there is no one in the gym. Players shouldn't let the fans affect them. Good ones don't. I really haven't seen any one place any more unsportsmanlke than the other. Just kids having fun. As long as it doesn't get dirty, I have no problem with it. Also, rednecktiger, I don't have any problem with anyone in SC. Sorry to disappoint you. Just because we disagreed about football don't mean we have problems.

SC, you have a really good coach and I agree, he will make your players better. Craig is a master mind at basketball IMO.

Why don't you stop running Waverly in the ground all the time, i mean really what have they done to make you mad? In an earlier post someone said you were always extremely positive toward football yet during basketball all you post is negativity and they were completely right. I could name a few players from the football team who pretended to be hurt til friday came around and then magically they could play through it, i don't think so, maybe one week, but not continously. Fans are apart of the game, but when some start throwing out racial slurs,as has happened before in stewart county, as you know, people are bound to react.Anyways back to basketball, i do agree though that Craig will get them back to a good team, but they have to handle the ball a little bit better first. KUDOS to Redneck Tiger i got your back buddy...