District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yall all talk bout bad refs and stuff.... if yall wantd to see sum BAD refs yall shouldve seen the MC vs. east hickman game. 2 Techs and 2 Intentional Fouls Calls in the last 3 minutes of the game. 1 tech was on the kid for yellin at the ref, (he wasnt yellin at the refs he was yellin at his own players tryin to get them fired up). 1st intentional foul call happens with bout 2 minutes left, MC was down two. MC player goes for the ball just like any other play durin the game and he fouls the guy. They proceed to call an intentional foul on him. How do u justify callin an intentional foul with the game hangin in the balance. then coach young proceeds to ask for an explanation of the call. they tech him up too. without a explanation or anything. Now i kno Coach Young can get fired up everybody in this district knos that but the man simply wanted an explanation and the refs teched him up. now i dunno bout yall but for a team that is strugglein like MC is we need every break we could get in that game and for two calls like that IN A MAJOR PART OF THE GAME to be calld is bull.

P.S. in the gurls game 1 of the referees busted his #### runnin down the court..... guess he was in a bad mood

yall all talk bout bad refs and stuff.... if yall wantd to see sum BAD refs yall shouldve seen the MC vs. east hickman game. 2 Techs and 2 Intentional Fouls Calls in the last 3 minutes of the game. 1 tech was on the kid for yellin at the ref, (he wasnt yellin at the refs he was yellin at his own players tryin to get them fired up). 1st intentional foul call happens with bout 2 minutes left, MC was down two. MC player goes for the ball just like any other play durin the game and he fouls the guy. They proceed to call an intentional foul on him. How do u justify callin an intentional foul with the game hangin in the balance. then coach young proceeds to ask for an explanation of the call. they tech him up too. without a explanation or anything. Now i kno Coach Young can get fired up everybody in this district knos that but the man simply wanted an explanation and the refs teched him up. now i dunno bout yall but for a team that is strugglein like MC is we need every break we could get in that game and for two calls like that IN A MAJOR PART OF THE GAME to be calld is bull.

P.S. in the gurls game 1 of the referees busted his #### runnin down the court..... guess he was in a bad mood

Now that we have heard your most likely very biased view lets here the other side of the story.

dude if u was there u would agree. man how am i bein biased. Anybody that knos basketball would tell u that in a tight game the refs need to swallow their whistles. The time all this happened, it was bout time to start foulin to get the ball back ( that happens in all close games). but when u r tryin to put them on the line but the refs callin an intentional foul on u, that is crazy.

When is the game going to be made up? And i don't know about CPA and Goodpasture but Harpeth should beat Dickson Co. if they play smart and hit their shots... Do they shoot well on a consistent basis or have they been struggling lately?

Harpeth shot poorly the past 2 games, but they haven't really shot it consistent all season. There are periods where somebody gets hot and hits 10-12 or in Trey Carruthers case 23 in one period, but I haven't seen someone stay hot for a whole game and get a quiet 20 points or so like Newton did on a regular basis. They are still searching for their identity a little bit.

Heard that Sycamore got beat at Creekwood by 16. That doesn't surprise me either. There's not a team that stands out in the district this year. The one seed could have as many as 4 losses this year.

1.) Sycamore (3-1)

2.) Harpeth (2-1)

3.) Creek Wood (2-1)

4.) Fairview (3-2)

5.) Stewart Co. (2-2)

6.) Waverly Central (1-2)

7.) Cheatham Co. (1-3)

8.) Montgomery Central (0-2)

Last night I was totally shocked in the district. Creek Wood dominated Sycamore by outscoring them in each quarter and cruising to a victory. That game really makes things interesting now in the district from spots 1-3. That's what everyone was predicting back in late October-early November anyway right????? Creek Wood beat Sycamore, Harpeth beat Creek Wood, Sycamore beat Harpeth.

Fairview went to Cheatham Co. last night and destroyed the Cubs by 20. The Cubs played flat and with not much enthusiasm about the game at all. I really felt for Coach Stigall & Co. because the kids just didn't seem all that into the flow of things from the opening tip. Hats off to Fairview. The Jackets bounced back from a loss on Monday and got a key district win on Tuesday to keep the momentum going. Johnson & Bledsoe really shot the basketball well last night for Fairview.

I think 4 losses is pushing it a little, but I can definitely see two losses. My guess is somebody Harpeth, Sycamore, or Creek Wood will finish out the district season strong. I just have a gut feeling on this one. I think Creek Wood has the edge, because of the experience they have. Also they play Harpeth at Creek Wood, so that could be trouble like always for Harpeth. I look forward to a great rest of the season, and I think this next week will tell a lot about how Harpeth will fair the rest of the season.

Why don't you stop running Waverly in the ground all the time, i mean really what have they done to make you mad? In an earlier post someone said you were always extremely positive toward football yet during basketball all you post is negativity and they were completely right. I could name a few players from the football team who pretended to be hurt til friday came around and then magically they could play through it, i don't think so, maybe one week, but not continously. Fans are apart of the game, but when some start throwing out racial slurs,as has happened before in stewart county, as you know, people are bound to react.Anyways back to basketball, i do agree though that Craig will get them back to a good team, but they have to handle the ball a little bit better first. KUDOS to Redneck Tiger i got your back buddy...

First of all, where in the world are you coming from. NO where on any of these posts do you see any negativity about Waverly. I love Waverly, my kids have or will graduate from Waverly. I'm more pro Waverly than 99% of the people in Waverly. Now if presenting facts is being negative, I guess I have been. But no where on these boards will you see me being negative about Waverly. In fact my posts are more positive than anyone's on here about Waverly.

As far as football, I heard that after the year is over and if I had known that I would have spoken against it. I do tell the facts and if you don't like it, tough!

As far as racial slurs, if someone in the crowd hollered that out, then it should have been pointed to the authorities and let them handle it. There is no place for that. Players also need to block out these kinds of stupidity from fans. But good clean hollering is part of it. You and rednecktiger can talk all you want, but let me tell you both, the fans being part of the game as long as it is clean is part of it. And I haven't seen anymore from any school more than the other. Lets let the players play and fans cheer and get on with it. Go Tigers!

PapaT you've got to be kidding. You know as well as i do that you have negative before. Maybe not all the time, but at least a few instances.

You are being so hypocritical saying that we don't need to be negative, then you attack fellow waverly people. Those people, if I may add, have been nothing but loyal to the tigers.

I for one am a supporter, I haven't missed a game for four years. I point out the negative and the positive, you have to. We aren't perfect.

And what about the tigers exceeding you're expectations. Think of what you said to me after the Hickman County game.

Food for though... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

First of all, where in the world are you coming from. NO where on any of these posts do you see any negativity about Waverly. I love Waverly, my kids have or will graduate from Waverly. I'm more pro Waverly than 99% of the people in Waverly. Now if presenting facts is being negative, I guess I have been. But no where on these boards will you see me being negative about Waverly. In fact my posts are more positive than anyone's on here about Waverly.

As far as football, I heard that after the year is over and if I had known that I would have spoken against it. I do tell the facts and if you don't like it, tough!

As far as racial slurs, if someone in the crowd hollered that out, then it should have been pointed to the authorities and let them handle it. There is no place for that. Players also need to block out these kinds of stupidity from fans. But good clean hollering is part of it. You and rednecktiger can talk all you want, but let me tell you both, the fans being part of the game as long as it is clean is part of it. And I haven't seen anymore from any school more than the other. Lets let the players play and fans cheer and get on with it. Go Tigers!

woo, wait a sec papa, where did i say the fans arent part of the game?? i for one know this for sure, i mean you can see that during the game and trust me im at the games in the student section every chance i get, iv even helped lead it at many games includin hickman county...the fans are definently part of the game but there should be rules they should have like not pointing out certain players and calling their numbers or names out and they should not be allowed to be sitting directly behind the opposing team's bench and hovering over them causing the team to have to pull stools half way out on the court...i mean they are part of the game so why not give them rules too?? as far as supporting waverly i know i am one of the biggest supporters look at all my posts, the only thing im not supporting right now is the football team because of personal reasonings and beliefs and i know you talked bad about the boys basketball team early in the year saying they werent goina do any good at all and guess what, you were wrong, sorry...well game tomorrow night and il be in the student section helping out the team and hopefully you will see they are good if you aint figured it out yet, they may not be they team we had my freshmen year but they are much improved, the only problem is height which leonard, vogel, jackson, fuller, and a few others have takin care of on the perimeter so we'l see ya tomorrow night Go TIGERS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />