District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers beat the Creek Wood Redhawks 63-57. Tigers played well tonight limiting the Red Hawks on their offensive end. The Tigers used a swarming defense to disrupt their flow on offense. This should open some eyes in the district. They blew the game against Stewart county by not hitting their free throws in the end that would have iced it,and committing turnovers against Fairview after leading the whole game, but put together a nice game tonight. Way to go Tigers!

how bout them tigers!! great game tonight whoo!! creekwood played really good, but somehow waverly has figured out how to overcome the height deficit and was rebounding and disrupting plays down low, really proud of them tigers tonight way to go blue!! keep it up guys!! GO TIGERS!!!

Creek Wood played good???? I think this game just makes my point even stronger that this year is not the year for 11aa. I will be able to tell a little later in the season; I am home now and will be able to watch all of Harpeth's games this upcoming week. So after these games we will see if Harpeth is ready to step up or not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Creek Wood played good???? I think this game just makes my point even stronger that this year is not the year for 11aa. I will be able to tell a little later in the season; I am home now and will be able to watch all of Harpeth's games this upcoming week. So after these games we will see if Harpeth is ready to step up or not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know if Creek Wood played good or not. This is the only time I've seen them play. I have to think that possibly they didn't play as well as they did against Sycamore but who knows. waverly played perhaps their best game of the year tonight and I'm really proud of them. but I have to agree with you hhs, 11AA won't be a match for the Bolivar's in the region. It should though be a fun year in the district as it is turning out to be very competitive, more than most, including myself would have thought.

Fairview beat Montgomery Central handily at Fairview, I think they may surprise some people this year.

It should be an interesting year. Creek Wood beat Sycamore, Sycamore beat Harpeth, Waverly beat Creek Wood, etc. Looks like my motto is coming true. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. But I wouldn't hold much stock in the Montgomery Central wins. Everyone is beating them handily thisi year. And that surprises me.

I don't know if Creek Wood played good or not. This is the only time I've seen them play. I have to think that possibly they didn't play as well as they did against Sycamore but who knows. waverly played perhaps their best game of the year tonight and I'm really proud of them. but I have to agree with you hhs, 11AA won't be a match for the Bolivar's in the region. It should though be a fun year in the district as it is turning out to be very competitive, more than most, including myself would have thought.

is bolivar even any good this year?? i saw on the scoreboard on here that bolivar only beat camden by 4 points

Scoring from the Tigers tonight PapaT??

I know Leonard had somewhere around 23 or so.

Creek Wood didn't shoot the ball well because we were in their face. The shots they did make we let them get open. Especially that one kid, he hit them all night when he was open on the left side of the arc.

Ben Leonard led the Waverly Tigers to a victory over Creek Wood, scoring a game high 23 points which is also a season high for the junior. Ross Primm scored a team high 18 points for the Red Hawks.

Waverly High School Stats

Adam Copeskey 6

Cody Gilbert 1

Josh Graham 8

Jackson 7

Ben Leonard 23

Alex Sensing 1

Justin Vogel 17

is bolivar even any good this year?? i saw on the scoreboard on here that bolivar only beat camden by 4 points

They gave Liberty Tech a battle last year and they return everyone. From what I've heard they are every bit as good as the Liberty Tech team from last year. Liberty Tech reloaded and is a powerhouse in AAA this year and they beat Bolivar by 4 I think this year. YEah, they're good, McNairy Central is too, I believe they beat HArpeth already. Jackson Southside is supposed to be really good too. Some of our West Tennessee fans can tell us more.