District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I guess this one would be directed to wareaglefan. You seem to be the one that knows quite a bit about Sycamore. I know its off subject but i wanted to make sure you seen it so I put it in here. What can you tell me about Barry Jones and Brian Vann? Was Jones a good coach or what?

Even though this is vastly off topic IMO Coach Jones was and still is the best coach ever in this area and or district. He brought a new school and 2-26 team into 3 straight sub-state appearances many district champs and turned this school into a well known basketball team around the state. I played for Jones for all four of my high school years and even thought he came off as a hard and over stricted basketball coach he knows what hes doing and talking about.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more reason tonight's Fairview-Waverly game is huge. Not only are the two battling for the four spot and a home game, but a win by Fairview guarentees they will play in the four-five game. This would keep them away from the big three in the play in round.

A win moves them to 6-5 with 3 games left so the worst they could do is 6-8, which would at worst put them in a tie with SC and Waverly. Waverly would have to win one fo their final two games for 6-8. SC would have to win out to be 6-8. I dont know what the tiebreaker would be in this case for SC and Fairview.

Well, Waverly blasted Fairview tonight 61-28. The Johnson kid didn't play for Fairview, but he wouldn't make that much difference. Maybe 10 points. Waverly didn't play good at all in the first half, not finding any rhythm with Ben Leonard and Vogel getting early foul problems. Vogel had 10 points in the first quarter before he went to the bench. Leonard picked up 3 quick fouls. It was a very poorly officiated game for both teams.

Great game tonight by the rebels as they pull away from cheatham county. Big night by andrew greenhill who put up 21, having 14 of them from the free throw line. I hear waverly blew fairview out, sounded like a great game for a waverly fan and now they might be able to get in that 4-5 game for good. All SC needs to do is win friday at MC and they will get the 4 seed which will be big. SC lost the whole starting lineup from last years team and have put together another successful year with a whole new team. If Craig and Bramlett would keep the job over the next cppl of years, there is no telling what is capable of being done with this team. They will have three starters back next year including the smith brothers who have both become deadly threats behind the arc. Good luck to SC friday and ill be there to hopefully watch a better game than last time we played MC.

Great game tonight by the rebels as they pull away from cheatham county. Big night by andrew greenhill who put up 21, having 14 of them from the free throw line. I hear waverly blew fairview out, sounded like a great game for a waverly fan and now they might be able to get in that 4-5 game for good. All SC needs to do is win friday at MC and they will get the 4 seed which will be big. SC lost the whole starting lineup from last years team and have put together another successful year with a whole new team. If Craig and Bramlett would keep the job over the next cppl of years, there is no telling what is capable of being done with this team. They will have three starters back next year including the smith brothers who have both become deadly threats behind the arc. Good luck to SC friday and ill be there to hopefully watch a better game than last time we played MC.

If Fairview, Waverly and SC end up 6-8, the head to head won't determine it. You cannot eliminate a team because they lost twice when they split with the other. When it is a three way tie, I think there are other tie breakers involved. Don't know what they are but I think it is far from claiming for any team.

papatiger is right. I heard at the CW-MC game that if three teams finish tied, the first tiebreaker is the team record against the two teams it is tied with. In this scenario, barring any upsets the rest of the way, it would be like this:

SC as the 4 seed (3-1 record vs. Wavo and Fairview)

Fairview as the 5 seed (2-2 record vs. Wavo and SC)

Wavo as the 6th seed (1-3 record vs. SC and Fairview)

I didnt see the Wavo=Fairview game, but the score shows a one sided affair. I have seen Fairview played several times this year, and missing the Johnson kid does make a difference. He scores 10-15 points a game and was the team's leading rebounder and is their best defender. I would take Fairview 9 and out 10 times with him in the lineup against Waverly.

I also heard that the freshmen kid playing in Johnson's place also got hurt and didnt play last night. He was the teams second leading scorer before he got hurt from listening to the people at Fairview talk this week. Either way, with both nthose kids out Fairview is done.

Unfortuantley, Wavo is going to get burned by its slow start in the district. They are rolling now, but do not control their own destiny. They have to hope for a SC upest at the hands of MC or a Fairview loss at home vs. Cheatham to get into the 4-5 game. I dont see them beating CW again.

DrLove, if you can keep Craig there coaching you will have a good program. He is a coach that gets all out of his players. He can take might near any team and make them competitive. He has the ability to produce good ball teams year in and year out.

Congrats to Waverly tonight!! Big Win!

I totally agree, i hope we can keep him and bramlett around for a few years. They both have great discipline and thats what SC needs to continue to have. Good luck friday and its in ur own hands to grab the number 4 seed.

Here's the standings after games of Jan. 29th:

Edited for games remaining:

Sycamore 19-4 (10-1) Wavo, @FV, Har

Harpeth 17-7 (9-2) CCC, @MC, @ Syc

Creekwood 14-7 (8-3) @FV, CCC, Wavo

Waverly 9-13 (6-6) @Syc, @CW

Fairview 6-12 (5-6) CW, Syc, CCC

Stewart Co. 9-12 (5-8) @MC

Cheatham 3-21 (2-9) @Har, @CW, @FV

Mont. Central 3-18 (1-11) SC, Har