District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I might be wrong, but I think in a 3 way tie, the first thing you look at is head to head among the 3 and that goes to Stewart County with a 3-1 record. That takes care of the 4 seed. Take them out of the equation. Now for 5th seed, you first look at head to head between Waverly and Fairview. If that is 1-1, then you start at the top and work your way down. If Waverly has beaten the higher seeded opponent, they get the 5 seed.

That's my understanding of how it would work. Having the 3 way tie sort of muddies the water a little bit.

that is correct. Got it straight from the horses mouth the other day.

Besides, don't count out Waverly beating Creek Wood, they have done it once and from what I've seen last week, Cheatham County will beat Fairview too. So it would be a two way tie if CC beats them. If Waverly upsets Creek Wood, Waverly gets #4.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did all of the district games get played last night? Fairview and Sycamore played and the game was called in the 4th with about 4 minutes left, Sycamore up big. It was crazy. They tried to beat the weather by eliminating halftime in the boys game but the tornado sirens went off and they sent the teams to the locker rooms and all of the fans huddled down a hall way and were told not to leave. We heard the wind and hail and the police officer at the game said a tornado missed the school by about 300 yards. We waited about 45 minutes and then were finally told it was safe to leave.

Crazy night, I hope every one in Fairview is ok as they got hit pretty hard.

Harpeth's game with MC was suspended at halftime with Harpeth up 13. Don't know if and when it would be finished. Low scoring game with MC playing a zone and slowing the game down.

My guess is the Harpeth/Montgomery Central game will only be continued if Harpeth beats Sycamore. A Harpeth loss Friday night will make the MC game meaningless as far as seeding is concerned.

Thank God the weather avoided the Wood as they controlled things last night vs. Cheatham and won 48-31. Hope everyone did not suffer any damage. If you did you are in our prayers. Fri. CW vs. Waverly for basketball homecoming. PEACE-OUT!!!!! RIP-MD/CD!!!!!!!!!!

Should be good games boys and girls Waverly/CreekWood. If you can't attend the games will be broadcast on wqmv1060.com. Streaming is great even for dial up.

Sycamore by 3 Friday night. Should be a great game and a packed house in Lynch-Puthoff Gymnasium. If Sycamore can stop Giltner, they will win. They also have to execute offensively and limit turnovers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not worried about Trey Caruthers??