Preseason Favorites to Reach the 'Boro in A?

THELEGEND

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what CSAS will bring to the table, what about some of these other teams? How many returning players, starters, etc..

Union City lost 2 players to graduation,Jeremy Simpson and Cedric Allen,and Humboldt lost Derek Sain.Union City have 3 returning starters and 8 of their 10 man rotation got a ton of playing time.They return class A Mr.Basketball winner MJ Brown from a team that went 30-3 last year.I know that the players are very focused and want be satisfied with nothing more than a championship.Humboldt will be very loaded with some underclassmen that have gotten better over the summer and should contend with Union City for the Championship.

I know what CSAS will bring to the table, what about some of these other teams? How many returning players, starters, etc..

Culleoka has lost 3 seniors, Josh Blade (starter), David Spare (starter), and Daniel Blocker (leader). However, they return Mr. Basketball Finalist DeMario Williams, the twin towers (Beach Brothers), Zach Willis, and Chad Stevens. This team is talented but the work level and team unity is not there like last season.

Moore Co. returns almost everyone including their big 4: Tyler Jean, Georgio Alexander, Shane Worthy, and Heath Fanning. These guys are close and all can score. Moore Co. has the potential to put up major points if these guys can put them up on a nightly basis.

A couple of surprises in this district and region may be Richland and Collinwood. Richland lost 3 seniors, one mattered and return a much improved lineup. Collinwood lost 1 senior, I believe, and has a fighter's mentality. These two teams may surprise the top two teams from last season.

I know Memphis does not have an array of single A teams. I think everyone is overlooking Manassas Varsity Boys. They are deep at every position. So everyone don't be blinded by your area. Take a look at the entire state and do your research. This team could really make some noise this year not only in single A but in any division.

I believe Grace Christian in Knoxville will reach state this year. They have everyone returning from a 30-3 team that was upset by Wartburg in the Region. Juniors Ryan Slusher and Cameron Pridemore both averaged over 18 pts a game as soph. and seniors Adrian Wannamaker 14pts, Blake Hankins, 8pts and Brandon Lipps 6pts. They have also added some nice players that will challege for time. A 6'4 soph and 6'1 Senior that did not play last year. They were young last year and I believe ready to take the next step.

I guess thats why they call them opinions. But yes i believe it was, Grace did not have a good game, although I do believe Wartburg did have something to do with that. But Shannon had the best game I had ever seen him have. I saw him against O.S. in the district final and he didnt look good. I saw him twice against Harriman and he didnt look that good and I saw him at state and didnt have a great game there either. I am not saying he wasnt a good player but against Grace he was out of his head and didnt miss and had 46. Harriman beat them twice and Grace beat Harriman 3 times. I know that doesnt always mean anything because of matchups but I do believe it was a great night for Wartburg and was an upset. Again just an informed opinion. But that was last year and alot of lessons learned and alot of work put into not letting it happen again.

I believe Grace Christian in Knoxville will reach state this year. They have everyone returning from a 30-3 team that was upset by Wartburg in the Region. Juniors Ryan Slusher and Cameron Pridemore both averaged over 18 pts a game as soph. and seniors Adrian Wannamaker 14pts, Blake Hankins, 8pts and Brandon Lipps 6pts. They have also added some nice players that will challege for time. A 6'4 soph and 6'1 Senior that did not play last year. They were young last year and I believe ready to take the next step.

I saw Grace Knox play multiple times this summer and they are in no way a state caliber team. If they make it to state it would only be because of a VERY weak region. They just arent that good. The good Chattanooga class A teams are 20 points better than they are.