Mcminn Central vs Grundy Co. for Homecoming

swim08chs

I agree and I hope you know I am not saying all of Central fans are this way, I know alot of great people from Etowah and Englewood. I have said the same about some Polk fans on here in the past, a few bad ones and everyone has a bad name. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ditto!!!!

Back to the game, I think that MC will be to much for Grundy. I think it will stay close for a while, then MC will pull away. I agree with mlb32 that if MC eliminates turnovers, homecoming will be a good one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto!!!!

Back to the game, I think that MC will be to much for Grundy. I think it will stay close for a while, then MC will pull away. I agree with mlb32 that if MC eliminates turnovers, homecoming will be a good one.

i agree completely with your prediction...you think that they will stop al the turnovers? it has gotten better every week...so they are primed for a perfect game when t comes to turnovers. i know they do need to come out and play well and not beat themselves if they want to beat polk.

If you don't know then don't comment. As I stated in another thread some of you folks don't even respect your own people. If they don't pat and rub each other on the back and talk about the trip to Murfreesboro and how bad you all are going to beat everyone then they are considered a "mindless geezer". As for something clicking at Central I think that its mostly the fans gums your hearing.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I doubt you do either. A remedial course in reading comprehension may help you but I have my doubts. Not sure what your beef is with central, maybe they beat your team, maybe your kid got cut from their program, could be any number of things but you really have your head in the sand if you can't see real progress being made in Etowah.

legend, everyone says you are smart. really hope you are right on this one...best up and coming coach in the region will have the chargers ready to play, doncha think?

In all Honesty, it is really on which Grundy team you get. If you get the same Grundy team that took Polk County down to the wire, then I think Grundy gets the win..... If you get the Grundy team that showed up against Meigs County then its over.....

I'm happy I get to see this one too cause I have no game this week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I found this in another topic about Grundy, Has to do with the game this week.... So I thought I would throw it out there.

hey Smokey, Think Grundy came out over confident even there warmups consisted of standing around and talking, it was really weird. #7 QB was the monster for them he has one bad thing against him, he did not like to be hit, he would actually jump and spin right before he got hit. Grundy had a hard time with personal fouls, they had maybe 5 or 6 at crucial moments of the game. Their coaching was really agressive, they even went for two point conversion at the end of the game instead of trying to tie things up (but field goals were hard to come by for both teams, a combined 1 for 5 in extra point tries). To sum Grundy up they like to pound it off tackle with the read option, they maybe threw 3 times all night. GO CHIEFS!!

Your assesment of game isnt so great, sounds like they thought they could win the close one pounding it out. Grundy can air it out just fine, If you've seen film on them you would know that, against Polk they passed the ball at will, Corey had to have had close to 200 yards passing. Corey is probably the best passer Grundy has had since Justin Bryant, He has some wheels too. As for him not liking to get hit, Do you realize how much it frustrates other players when no matter how hard they try they can't get a good shot on you, Hes a smart tough ball player, I hope mc goes after him.

Mr. Lowrie, Can ya tell me how Darrell is doing with the Junior Jackets, and if they've won a game this year ??

And, Did your fishing buddy decided to stick with football ? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I found this in another topic about Grundy, Has to do with the game this week.... So I thought I would throw it out there.

Your assesment of game isnt so great, sounds like they thought they could win the close one pounding it out. Grundy can air it out just fine, If you've seen film on them you would know that, against Polk they passed the ball at will, Corey had to have had close to 200 yards passing. Corey is probably the best passer Grundy has had since Justin Bryant, He has some wheels too. As for him not liking to get hit, Do you realize how much it frustrates other players when no matter how hard they try they can't get a good shot on you, Hes a smart tough ball player, I hope mc goes after him.

Mr. Lowrie, Can ya tell me how Darrell is doing with the Junior Jackets, and if they've won a game this year ??

And, Did your fishing buddy decided to stick with football ? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually the Grundy QB was 8 of 17 with 1 INT for 110 yards against Polk. Charlie Murphy wouldn't call that passing at will, but he is very mobile and elusive. It will be interesting to see how the almighty chargers handle him.

Actually the Grundy QB was 8 of 17 with 1 INT for 110 yards against Polk. Charlie Murphy wouldn't call that passing at will, but he is very mobile and elusive. It will be interesting to see how the almighty chargers handle him.

i agree charlie. i don't think central will be too concerned with thier qb...grundy should be concerned about central's qb...he can through the deep ball and beat you with his legs...no doubt central has the advantage here.

Hey Smokey, Grundy is a Jeckle/Hyde team, just dont know whos going to show up. The QB is fast in the open field, the two Fullbacks are powerful, and the tailbacks follow their blocks well. Defensively they go with a five man front, the three down linemane are not very big but they are fast but still they got hardly any penetration or pressure on the QB. Defensive backs are good, very hard to throw against them. Now the bad side of Grundy, they lose their temper very easily and just make stupid mistakes to hurt theirselves, they onside kick every kickoff to put their defense in a bad position on every series, their kicking game is horrible. My boys from Sequoyah say Central is 3 touchdowns better than Grundy (just the same as East Ridge, we let that one get away). Good luck Chargers, but GO CHIEFS!!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I doubt you do either. A remedial course in reading comprehension may help you but I have my doubts. Not sure what your beef is with central, maybe they beat your team, maybe your kid got cut from their program, could be any number of things but you really have your head in the sand if you can't see real progress being made in Etowah.

I was referring to your reply to OldChargerfan. But then again some of you folks just spout off at the mouth and don't even know it. I guess you don't remember.