Mo West vs Greeneville

KEV-O

As everyone knows, you earn respect, you can't buy it. GN will not be overlooked by MW. Both teams know the winner of this game is in the driver seat for the title. I don't think you can rattle Wild as he has been in games like this before. Win or lose, this is not the playoffs and the season is far from over for either team.

This is the game that is circled by the Devils every season. First thing, I hope Greeneville makes West dress at the middle school. I've heard that every time Greeneville plays in Morristown that they have to dress in the Morristown East gym, which a good ways from Burke-Toney. Pretty much on Morris Blvd. Besides that this game should be a good one. I'm not sure if it will be anything like the 02'game when the score was like 48-45 or something like that. The 03' game in the playoffs was a great one too.

How many on here would rank that 02' game one of the best they have ever seen?

I know there are a few former Greene Devils on the Greeneville coaching staff. I'm sure they will have the team ready to go!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the game that is circled by the Devils every season. First thing, I hope Greeneville makes West dress at the middle school. I've heard that every time Greeneville plays in Morristown that they have to dress in the Morristown East gym, which a good ways from Burke-Toney. Pretty much on Morris Blvd. Besides that this game should be a good one. I'm not sure if it will be anything like the 02'game when the score was like 48-45 or something like that. The 03' game in the playoffs was a great one too.

How many on here would rank that 02' game one of the best they have ever seen?

I know there are a few former Greene Devils on the Greeneville coaching staff. I'm sure they will have the team ready to go!

Good post. Funny, it is rarely mention the opposing teams dressing room and Half time arrangements in Morristown, but they are not the best. Cudoes to Morristown on their stadium, new turf and popcorn.

If GHS plays like the last 3 or 4 weeks business will be taken care of.

What number is Logan Wild?

Yes make them dress in the Walters State parking lot!!! That old principal at West isn't going to be able to do much about changing when and where they play this week. But i'm sure if a good enough West player gets in trouble this week at school, he will sure try to move the game. Did you know you can be suspended from school all week but still play on a Saturday? Victims of the Morristown West game moving incident- Greeneville 02', and Maryville 03'

To all of the above (one Morristown West fans perspective on this rivalry):

Bad: To my knowledge (I have good sources) no M. West player was in trouble or suspended either of those weeks. Those games were moved because of terrible playing conditions at Burke-Toney. Thank goodness that is no longer an issue. I know there were a lot of rumors, but that is the truth as I know it. I was hoping that both sides could move on from the animosity that surrounded that game. Will continue to hope.

Morristown West doesn't care where they dress, they are used to moving around and adapting. The only reason other teams dress where they do at Burke-Toney is that when West plays at home they dress in the visiting teams locker room behind the Stadium.

Good: Since 2001 (all I can attest to) the games between these 2 schools have been some of the best I have ever seen. The 2002 regular season game was the most exciting I have seen in 34 years of watching High School football. I feel privileged to have been there. Greeneville always has great teams, that are well coached and full of great athletes that play very hard.

Here is hoping that both sides have a great injury free game Friday night and may the best team win! This game is what High School football is all about!

As a former Morristown West player I can say that we (West) never over look anybody, we take every game as seriously as if we were playing in the state championship. Greeneville is a much improved team from the past two years and I look for this game to be a shoot out between two fairly evenly matched teams. MoWest and Greeneville have had some classic games, the best being the 03' playoff game when Greeneville was trying to throw every big man they could get into the game to stop West from scoring. In the end I say West wins this one by 7 due to great coaching and creating a few more turnovers then Greeneville can.

As a Morristown East Fan, We want Morristown West too win. They beat us already, and if

Greeneville wins, their could be a 3 way tie for 1st. This will make it harder for Morristown

East to land 1 of the top 2 playoff spots. I know Morristown West defense has played better

of late. I still think they are a half of step slow. Spead them out, and I think Greeneville will

hit a couple of big plays. West offense is ok, but they cannot score with Greeneville. Playing

this game in Greeneville is just too much for Morristown West.

Go Canes!