WH Heritage at Jo Byrns

timbdp

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this game was crazy. heritage proved that a TEAM can beat a bunch of individuals anyday. ill admit jo byrns is a great team and played a great game but they are also a buch of indivudals. when heritage plays like a team they are unstopable. cascade is a great team but i think whh takes home the region championship. great win guys

congratulations heritage.. big win tonight for you guys.. can you guys imagine if the split [with wh and heritage] never happened? haha crazy..

Congratulations Heritage! I am a Jo Byrns supporter, but you all have come along way the last couple of years.

Hey Red Devil fans lets make sure we stay behind our guys and who knows a WHH and JBS match-up could take place in the playoffs. We need to learn from our mistakes and grow from this game. Players, coaches, and fans Cascade is a big game. Let's get focused on another top ten team in the state. GO RED DEVILS

IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY A COUNTY RIVALRY!

Congrats Coach Brown. It's been a long while since you've had a win in The Dungeon.

Good to meet you ARP#3. Butchie, I saw you but was too caught up to come talk to you. It's pretty cool for you to come out and enjoy a good game with us.

I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks if this woke up JB or if this has the same affect as it did last year for Cascade after the loss to JB. I hung out after the game talking to a few of the players I know. You would have thought they just got put out of the playoffs, but as MOTO said this is a chance for redemption and that is exactly what a few of us were telling them.

IMO, JB has been on cruise control since last year and I guess it was everyone's wishful thinking that the team would learn a lesson after the past few weeks. That's why I have not bragged about the #1 ranking on other threads. They didn't and tonight's loss will sting. It stings when you don't put away a team when you can. It stings when you kill your team with penalties. It stings when you blow your assignment. It stings a little more when the visitors rush your field in victory.

I don't know, but seems like JB has been waiting for something to happen. Like they need a sign. Well, Bill Engvall sez "Here's yer sign!" The players need to come out, well...like they did in the 1st half and do as they please on O, stop the big play on D. The coaches need to open that playbook a little more. And lastly, oh yeah here I go (OFF!!!)...

When a visiting (county rival) team comes in to your house and out cheers, yells, hollers, etc....COME ON!

I've never heard 1200 so quiet, especially in clutch situations and that is pitiful. I ain't sayin' everyones gotta go to TSC and AutoZone for a cowbell and airhorn like me, but when JB (our team) has an opponent on offence (they have the ball) facing 3rd(down) and long (way to go for a 1st down)-GET OFF YOUR REAREND and if nothing else clap. Seems like some were more worried about the socializing and wondering how Aunt B is doing than cheering for JB. WHH, I commend you on your crowd tonite. Reminded me of some JB crowds that went to The Stable and The Jungle.

Ok off the soap box and I'll take my own advice. Tonite is over and there is about a week to prepare for a trip to The Stable. My throat hurts.

Congrats Coach Brown. It's been a long while since you've had a win in The Dungeon.

Good to meet you ARP#3. Butchie, I saw you but was too caught up to come talk to you. It's pretty cool for you to come out and enjoy a good game with us.

I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks if this woke up JB or if this has the same affect as it did last year for Cascade after the loss to JB. I hung out after the game talking to a few of the players I know. You would have thought they just got put out of the playoffs, but as MOTO said this is a chance for redemption and that is exactly what a few of us were telling them.

IMO, JB has been on cruise control since last year and I guess it was everyone's wishful thinking that the team would learn a lesson after the past few weeks. That's why I have not bragged about the #1 ranking on other threads. They didn't and tonight's loss will sting. It stings when you don't put away a team when you can. It stings when you kill your team with penalties. It stings when you blow your assignment. It stings a little more when the visitors rush your field in victory.

I don't know, but seems like JB has been waiting for something to happen. Like they need a sign. Well, Bill Engvall sez "Here's yer sign!" The players need to come out, well...like they did in the 1st half and do as they please on O, stop the big play on D. The coaches need to open that playbook a little more. And lastly, oh yeah here I go (OFF!!!)...

When a visiting (county rival) team comes in to your house and out cheers, yells, hollers, etc....COME ON!

I've never heard 1200 so quiet, especially in clutch situations and that is pitiful. I ain't sayin' everyones gotta go to TSC and AutoZone for a cowbell and airhorn like me, but when JB (our team) has an opponent on offence (they have the ball) facing 3rd(down) and long (way to go for a 1st down)-GET OFF YOUR REAREND and if nothing else clap. Seems like some were more worried about the socializing and wondering how Aunt B is doing than cheering for JB. WHH, I commend you on your crowd tonite. Reminded me of some JB crowds that went to The Stable and The Jungle.

Ok off the soap box and I'll take my own advice. Tonite is over and there is about a week to prepare for a trip to The Stable. My throat hurts.

It was nice meeting you guys to....do you know how many were at the game total? looked like a big crowd....Yalls fans should sit in the bleachers instead of sitting over by the concession so it will look more full. Good luck mabe well see you in the playoffs

Seriously man I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. Do I think Jo Byrns and WHH can beat Cascade???? Absolutely this has been a crazy year of football in every aspect. Do I think either will??? No I honestly believe Cascade is the best team in this region. Last year Jo Byrns dominated everyone so why is it so impossible for Cascade to be the best??? I dont have any hard feelings towards you or anything like that I just hope you can come down to the game next Friday and judge for yourself. Cascade is the real deal trust me.

I am not saying it is impossible for them to be the best, but comparing it to last years JBS team is not very accurate. Cascade was the 2nd best team in the region last year and JBS went to their place and beat them 35-0 to win the region. All I am saying is that the top 2 or 3 teams are not going to be that far apart this year. They may very well beat JBS but its not going to be that bad, they may beat WH-H as well. I personally dont feel like they will beat both of them, but that is just my opinion.....

Well I guess this just shows what most everyone, outside of the JB fanatics, has been saying all along. As soon as JB plays some decent competition.... well, lets just say that the "dungeon" isn't quiet the place that the want to make it out to be and the team can't back up what they like to brag about all week. This also proves that that #1 ranking ain't worth squat.

great win WHH.

It had nothing to do with jo byrns playing decent comp. they are for real this year, this came could have went either way all night, both teams had a chance to score at the end and heritage completed it. But jo byrns is no joke!! they backed it up all right, they hit heritage harder than they were expecting but heritage played the best game in WHH history probly tonight! Great win guys!! Thank you guys for winning this game, sorry i couldnt be a part of it!

Sounds like The Dungeon has similar problems to what some Cascade friends have told me -- less than knowledgeable fans. Apparently neither know to yell on third down for the opponent or what a big play is other than a touchdown. Guess that's going to happen in a family atmosphere though.

Either way, congrats to the Patriots. Man, you kids have been pointing at this game since some of you were in seventh grade and you out-hearted a solid team in Jo Byrns. We all need to tip our hats. You will never forget this one regardless of what happens from here on out. You seniors earned some long-time bragging rights.

I haven't felt that JB was the top team in the state all year anyways. Go check out what South Pitt is doing down there and they have to be the team to beat with Jackson Christian in 2A (and still kicking tail).

You guys shouldn't go bragging about how great this region is. It's definitely top heavy. Perhaps that had something to do with JB going down. It's hard to get up for a big-time game when you have to face a bunch of pushovers week after week after week. Cascade may have the same problem next week. How do you go from the constant rolling clocks you second halves to a Robertson County showdown with a possible region title on the line and over 1,200 in attendance. That's hard for any player, let alone a teenager.

Great job by both teams. I hope all three 5-A teams go as deep as possible. It's too bad we don't have the same playoff format as 2A cause I am thinking Forrest or McEwen would absolutely roll through a couple of these other regions.

It had nothing to do with jo byrns playing decent comp. they are for real this year, this came could have went either way all night, both teams had a chance to score at the end and heritage completed it. But jo byrns is no joke!! they backed it up all right, they hit heritage harder than they were expecting but heritage played the best game in WHH history probly tonight! Great win guys!! Thank you guys for winning this game, sorry i couldnt be a part of it!

Congrats !! To the WHH players,great (TEAM) effort, you now are reaping all the hard work that you have done in th off-season, enjoy the win but get back to work on monday for your next opponent.You guys played with heart and it showed, dont let it stop with this game. To the coaches, you had the boys well prepared,and as a staff you guys coach with excitement & enthusiasm. FANS you are 100% supporting your team in clutch situations, continue the doing what you are doing and stay behind those young men. I personally am JB all the way but I come over after the game and shook all of the players hand and told them what a great job they done,and after the game I saw some players from each side talking to each other, to me this showed some great character and sportsmanship these young men displayed after doing battle with each other. Now to the RED DEVILS one of two things are going to happen either you will get better or worse its up to you to battle through adversity and continue to be winners, have a positive responce to your practice this week correct your mistakes and put this behind you. if you do then who knows you may meet again. To both teams be positive and give 100% effort in practice and good things will happen.good luck Patriots & always GO RED DEVILS

Jo Byrns was flawless the first half. They are a very disciplined team and I was very impressed with them. In the second half, they had some assignment breakdowns and it escalated. Before they knew it, they were in a dogfight. Heritage had plenty of chances to win the game and it really came down to two plays on that last drive - the 4th down pass and the TD run. Great, great game by both clubs.