Red Bank @ Rhea County

MRSTUD

Well, I have yet to formulate a guess for final score, but I am starting to lean towards RB. Rhea just hasn't really impressed me this year as they have in the past. I think that they will finish number three in the region and will travel to Knoxville week one of the playoffs. By the way, who is in line to finish number two, behind the infamous Maryville?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Behind Maryville Region 3-4A is pretty much wide open. Halls is in 2nd, then Clinton, West, Central, and Powell all have the same region record.

Out of all those teams I would want to play is Central Clinton or Powell in the first round. I think even if we do beat RB friday I believe we would still have to go on the road, even though we would be considered part of the tri champions (RB,Brainerd,and Rhea all 6-1 in region) or would it go to best record to decided home or away in the first round. Because Brainerd has 3 losses and Rhea has 2.Now this is as long as everyone wins out.

Has this happened before with Simms or is it an isolated incident?

OK GUYS THIS IS FOOTBALL. Tracy Sims is an aggressive player. The guys from Cleveland were getting emotional things were said and done by both teams. Tracy was tackled over a bench behind Red Banks players by 2 Cleveland guys. After he was out of bounds. Yeah I was there, I saw the whole thing. Sometimes people forget that Football is a physical sport.

OK GUYS THIS IS FOOTBALL. Tracy Sims is an aggressive player. The guys from Cleveland were getting emotional things were said and done by both teams. Tracy was tackled over a bench behind Red Banks players by 2 Cleveland guys. After he was out of bounds. Yeah I was there, I saw the whole thing. Sometimes people forget that Football is a physical sport.

Yeah football is physical but Mr. Simms shouldn't have been throwing punches the week before in the Brainerd game. The only reason he didn't sit the cleveland game is because the coaches at Red Bank don't have the guts to sit him, and the Refs didn't call it. Now the Cleveland game Ok so he tackled a player out of bounds that is going to get call more often than not; especially when he took the cleveland player all the way to the track, and was there a call when Simms was tackled out of bounce? Plus there is no need for a player that throws punch for no reason, and if there was a reason, he is a good enough player to get back at them by staying within the rules of the game.

Yeah football is physical but Mr. Simms shouldn't have been throwing punches the week before in the Brainerd game. The only reason he didn't sit the cleveland is because the coaches at Red Bank don't have the guts to sit him, and the Refs didn't call it. Now the Cleveland game Ok so he tackled a player out of bounds that is going to get call more often than not especially taking the cleveland player all the way to the track, and was there a call on when Simms was tackled out of bounce? Plus there is no need for a player that throws punch for no reason, and if there was a reason, he is a good enough player to get back at them by staying within the rules of the game.

I agree whole heartedly

Yeah football is physical but Mr. Simms shouldn't have been throwing punches the week before in the Brainerd game. The only reason he didn't sit the cleveland game is because the coaches at Red Bank don't have the guts to sit him, and the Refs didn't call it. Now the Cleveland game Ok so he tackled a player out of bounds that is going to get call more often than not; especially when he took the cleveland player all the way to the track, and was there a call when Simms was tackled out of bounce? Plus there is no need for a player that throws punch for no reason, and if there was a reason, he is a good enough player to get back at them by staying within the rules of the game.

Were you at the Red Bank - Brainerd game? I was and I never saw Sims throw a punch. Six unsportsmanlike calls were made in that game .... ALL against Brainerd.

I talked to a TSSAA supervisor this week and he said there is no TSSAA rule about getting thrown out for 2 personal fouls in a game.

From what I was told today he got two personal fouls, which is a automatic ejection. One was a late hit where he drove a player to the ground on the track, and the other was for punching a player. Which there is no need for that type of play in high school football. Now I was also told that he punched another two players at the Brainerd game but the refs didn't call it so he won't be punished for the Brainerd game. He is out only for the Rhea Co game and the school will be fined $250 by the TSSAA. Now I have heard the school is going to appeal the fine, but he will still be out for the Rhea County game and the earliest they can appeal is two weeks.

Two personal fouls is not an automatic ejection.

The $250 fine is for when a Coach is ejected.

The rule for an appeal is:

Any appeal request regarding the ejection of players or coaches shall be submitted in writing from the administrator of the school, stating which playing rule was misapplied. It should be accompanied by $50.00. If the appeal is granted, the $50.00 will be returned to the school.