Science Hill @ Campbell CO.

FTBMAN

I live in nashville. It is easy to beat most 1A teams if you have 1 or 2 D1 studs. I saw his teams back then. Not to down Smith, but with that overwhelming talent he had, my wife would have coached them to a championship. It was like Florida vs Tusculum in all those games.

And that was exactly what the Independence people were trying to tell the Topper faithful. But they were accused of having sour grapes. What I do know about coach Smith, is that he is a fine man inregard to dealing with people. What I'm not sure about is his FB skills at the 5A level. I think Coach will reinvent himself this winter and SHHS will win in the future with Coach Smith, or his stint at the Hill will be shorter than planned.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYBODY knew that Science Hill needed to be sandblasted and taken down to the metal and brought back into race trim the correct way...the hard way. Instead to put on a coat of wax, rims, and a good stereo and watch it start to smoke half way down the track. They had tremendous potential. And now...they got to write 1's and 0's all over again. What a shame. Not to mention they got the wrong QB which was being said back in August. Good Luck next year 'Toppers.

Does anyone remember before the season started about all the trash talking coming out of JC? I can't help but just sit back and laugh. There's only been one or two occassions that I know of for a fact, that Coach Clark has tried to run the score up on teams. In a couple of weeks if it were me, I would make a big time statement to Coach Smith and the SH faithful and hang half a hundred on them.

I do feel bad for the Topper kids. I wonder what the parents are saying about Coach Smitty now?

Actually the SHHS defense and special teams aren??™t too bad (actually they are pretty good), it is the offense that Coach Smith is in charge of that is so pathetic. For some reason Coach Smith refuses to use his best athletes to help kick start the offense. It is sickening to watch. Not because we are losing, but knowing the potential and it not happening.

Does anyone remember before the season started about all the trash talking coming out of JC? I can't help but just sit back and laugh. There's only been one or two occassions that I know of for a fact, that Coach Clark has tried to run the score up on teams. In a couple of weeks if it were me, I would make a big time statement to Coach Smith and the SH faithful and hang half a hundred on them.

I do feel bad for the Topper kids. I wonder what the parents are saying about Coach Smitty now?

I don't see D-B hanging a half a hundred on SHHS defense, but our offense is much worse than I thought.

Things are really bad in Johnson City. Parents are disgusted and players are frustrated. Unfortunately several underclassmen are contemplating transferring to other schools to not play for Coach Smith next year. Very sad.

I don't see D-B hanging a half a hundred on SHHS defense, but our offense is much worse than I thought.

Things are really bad in Johnson City. Parents are disgusted and players are frustrated. Unfortunately several underclassmen are contemplating transferring to other schools to not play for Coach Smith next year. Very sad.

No bad mouthing intended but Dobyns-Sensabaugh will slaughter the Island on Nov. 2nd. As well, Sensabaugh will win the region.

This might be a rumor but I heard that a member of a region school likes the Science Hill job. Lets say he did a very good job against the toppers offense

for "datoppers", D-NO is a freshman who has taken some JV snaps on mondays and also plays thursdays with the freshmen and dresses varsity on friday nights

Thanks for the info. FTBMAN. It is my belief that from the 9th to the 7th grade that we have a group of kids coming that will wil the big east and go deep into the playoffs creating a winnng era of SHHS football. All I can say is that I feel for the seniors and their parents who had such high hopes for the season. I pray for the Coach Smith, the kids, and the fans, because it hurts losing the way we have lost knowing we have so much potential. It's going to take a lot to say win or lose I'm going to dig in and LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD. For most this could be the last 2 games of football you will ever play. Win or Lose I'm with you and all I ask is that you leave your HEART on the field. Seniors right here and right now leave a leagacy for class behind you. "Topper Nation" I beleve how we finish can change the heart of the players, fans, and the coaches for years to come. FTBMAN take my signature live and play it. Good Luck Guys GO TOPPERS /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

this is very bad to see a football program with so much potential ran into the ground like this. I know alot of people will try to put a good spin on this but simply put the Toppers are not very good right now. i know what is being said out there we must give Coach Smith time lets get this straight this was a playoff team last year so the very least this team should have been positioned to be in the playoffs. The last couple of teams under Bowles was 7-3 and 6-4 (i might be wrong correct me if I am) so the direction is going the other way. Coach Smith said in a interview that he knew there was a lot of things needed to be corrected with the program and it was going to take some time. That might be true but one thing under coach bowles the teams was very physical and listen the most parts to thier coaches. Coach Smith has lost this team you tell by thier play and the body language all of this start with the head coach you can put a spin on this if you want but this coach might have this program going the wrong way can he correct this I hope so but it will take some time and hard work good luck toppers!