7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good game tonight by my LADY WARRIORS ....I AM very proud of your efforts tonight siegel was hitting all the threes and extended a lead but you didnt quuit you fought all the way through u finished 10-4 in the district and i believe if you was told at the begiinning of the year you would do that good you would take it so be proud of your season so far and get ready for the money time tournaments

GO LADY WARRIORS

Hey question for burt is he gonna get up and call melton and get him to watch this film also?Did you get cheated again?In the wc riverdale game fouls were 30-22 difference was riverdale shot 9-22 from the line!!!Burke had melton watch the film ask him what melton told him lol!!!Also wc had 15 offensive rebounds to 4 but anyways burke needs to statrt coaching harder and realizing the fans are there to watch the game not him although his crying is comical.He should start circling them up at the end of each quarter for his motivational words of wisdom.

District 7-AAA 1st Round Match-ups:

8)Oakland @ 1)Cookeville

7)Warren Co. @ 2) Siegel

6)Blackman @ 3)Riverdale

5)White Co. @ 4)Lebanon

Predictions for the tournament O Great Swami?

After last nights games, "swami" is trying to find his hat and crystal ball !! The "swami" will make his predictions at a later time as the games will not be played for a few days. The "swami" has spoken and he is crying !!

After last nights games, "swami" is trying to find his hat and crystal ball !! The "swami" will make his predictions at a later time as the games will not be played for a few days. The "swami" has spoken and he is crying !!

Congrats to Oakland last night, even though it was at our expense. I hate to see any team not win a district game the whole year.

Just to clear up a couple of things I read on other posts about coaches and their names: Riverdale is coached by Micheal Burt, not Burks. Brandon Burks is the Riverdale boys coach. The Cookeville girls coach is Mindy Odom rather than Odon. This one could have been a typo with the "n" being right beside the "m" on the keyboard.

Predictions for the tournament:Cookeville, Siegel, Riverdale and White County advance to the semi-finals. Cookeville and Siegel advance to the championship game and Cookeville wins the District 7-AAA Championship.

I have never seen Siegel High School girls beat Riverdale at Riverdale...that was THE VERY BEST I'VE SEEN the girls play together period...Morgan Faulkner, Allison Wright, and Clair Waggoner played better together than anyone would have thought...Riverdale stood no chance as Wright and her Sister Bethany came in scoring from the perimeter and Faulkner and Waggoner became an offensive threat from the post.

Also, Faulkner's fourth quarter points outscored every single player on the court. She rounded out the quarter with 2 three and other field shots. The Wright Sisters combined for 5 three pointers. Shanice Cason added one spectacular one of her own. One word to sum up last nights game? Purely amazing. Go my lady stars keep playing and stay together on the court as a team...

I have never seen Siegel High School girls beat Riverdale at Riverdale...that was THE VERY BEST I'VE SEEN the girls play together period...Morgan Faulkner, Allison Wright, and Clair Waggoner played better together than anyone would have thought...Riverdale stood no chance as Wright and her Sister Bethany came in scoring from the perimeter and Faulkner and Waggoner became an offensive threat from the post.

Also, Faulkner's fourth quarter points outscored every single player on the court. She rounded out the quarter with 2 three and other field shots. The Wright Sisters combined for 5 three pointers. Shanice Cason added one spectacular one of her own. One word to sum up last nights game? Purely amazing. Go my lady stars keep playing and stay together on the court as a team...

If you can feel the emotion of the above post and its implications thru your computer from this Siegel Student and fan, you havd gotten the tingling effect that most teams go thru when at the first of the year, a team hit hard by graduation the previous year, returns three seniors, one of which had played for three years but because of the players ahead of her, got minimum playing time until this year: a player who undoubtedly has great talent getting her collarbone snapped just after the first of the season and spent much time recouping and the other senior, seeing all of these things happening and with the addition of two juniors and one sophmore and a group of freshman trying to make their way, to be asked to be a guiding extension of the coaching staff on the floor to try to make this situation work. The first part of the season was as hard on this team as any team who hads lost every game they played and it was a season of ups amd downs. A patient coaching staff, but sometimes impatient, melded those two emotions together and there was no doubt of who was in control although sometimes watching them a fan might have a different opinion than this. Players had to understand their roles in the scheme of things and if they didn't, they stuck out like a sore thuimb and the team had some bad losses, not just losses. And you guessed it, most of these players had played AAU and had their own emotions and desires. Every time a player went down, the fans wnet down with it. Morgan Faulkner's heart dropped when Allison Wright went down with with the broken Collarbone and she immediately took a different position with the team and had to accept the responsibility of scorer with the team and immediately accepted the role along with on floor director to do the same thing she had just finished doing with Siegels Volleyball team and that was take the young State Tournament aspirant team to the State Tournament. She was a major contributer along with the seniors on that team.

The basketball team is who they are. Major injuries have healed and the right players are at the right places. Due to a very good performance of the coaching staff, there is no doubt this team has over preformed and while this is a team with a lot of good players, they were not a good team until just the past couple of games, i.e., the daking comment. In the meantime, Morgan Faulkner is averaging a little over 17 points a game and has had to play some of every position on the floor. She's scored around 45 threes and has had to develop her game considerably. She has earned her place.

It was announced in this mornings newspaper, she has scored 999 points with her 24 points she has scored last night and unless something happens, she will likely surpass the 1000 points mark the first game in the District Tournament. That is a great accomplishment. But along with that accomplishment along with high numbers in assists, steals, etc, her greatest accomplishment seems to have been to understand her role of senior leader who helped her coach mold a team to whoever knows how far they can go. Congrats, Morgan, Allison and Clair. In a long line of Seniors, you made an emotional impression on your fans and the Student Body at Siegel with your comeback second place finish in Regular Season play.

PHargis, I could not agree with you more...it has marveled me how they played since last nights game...I just cant stop thinking about knowing how the girls played strong hard and they steadily encouraged their selves and teammates its an incredible feeling that I have and I know you had. I know because I saw you there in the stands smiling and cheering and clapping as the Siegel fans cheered our girls on to Victory. I am excited about Thursday...

Hey question for burt is he gonna get up and call melton and get him to watch this film also?Did you get cheated again?In the wc riverdale game fouls were 30-22 difference was riverdale shot 9-22 from the line!!!Burke had melton watch the film ask him what melton told him lol!!!Also wc had 15 offensive rebounds to 4 but anyways burke needs to statrt coaching harder and realizing the fans are there to watch the game not him although his crying is comical.He should start circling them up at the end of each quarter for his motivational words of wisdom.

did i mention the refs? NO i did not in fact the refs did a good job we just didnt play well...siegel outplayed us

it is funny that you are on here talking about the refs of a game then you turn to the boys thread and there is complaing on yalls end about refs against blackman so i dont know why u are barking up my tree

did i mention the refs? NO i did not in fact the refs did a good job we just didnt play well...siegel outplayed us

it is funny that you are on here talking about the refs of a game then you turn to the boys thread and there is complaing on yalls end about refs against blackman so i dont know why u are barking up my tree

You did not see me complaining about the refs we just played terrible sorry i was not barking up your tree just that cry baby burt who thinks he is larger than the game but again sorry if i sounded like i was coming at you!!!!!!!!!!!