7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

Two things. Hitting an open shot had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. there were certainly enough other things which were involved that had nothing to do with the first three quarters. Secondly, i would agree with the next sentence but other things could be a factor in the outcome. it will be another battle and healthy for 7AAA. The other thing is that Riverdale will be a better team in the next few games after going thru their game with Siegel and Burt very likely will admit it.

"Hitting an open shot had nothing to do with the outcome of the game." My point exactly. If you will check you will see where Siegel shot 80 some odd percent at Riverdale, and they missed many easy shots last night. Now unless not scoring has nothing to do with being able to win, I think I have a valid point. How many teams would be able to beat Siegel after fouling out 3 starters?

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hitting an open shot had nothing to do with the outcome of the game." My point exactly. If you will check you will see where Siegel shot 80 some odd percent at Riverdale, and they missed many easy shots last night. Now unless not scoring has nothing to do with being able to win, I think I have a valid point. How many teams would be able to beat Siegel after fouling out 3 starters?

we had 3 starters foul out?

Cookeville wins over Siegel tonite in a game that was never in doubt as Siegel elected to play underclassman most of the game in an attempt to get ready for next year. Siegel will play Shelbyville in their first game of the Regionals.

Lebanon Wins over Riverdale as the Elie's, the twin Towers, played a large rollon the boards and Clark Davis led Riverdale.

As a note, Except for Siegel 7AAA made a strong showing in the District. Three of the finalists have a good chance of winning their games in the Regionals. As last year, Siegel has no offensive counter or direction to the other teams defenses and seemingly no confidence in what they are doing.. Siegels seniors sat out most of the game.

So its Shelbyville against the rest. The schedule will be posted soon.

Cookeville wins over Siegel tonite in a game that was never in doubt as Siegel elected to play underclassman most of the game in an attempt to get ready for next year. Siegel will play Shelbyville in their first game of the Regionals.

Lebanon Wins over Riverdale as the Elie's, the twin Towers, played a large rollon the boards and Clark Davis led Riverdale.

As a note, Except for Siegel 7AAA made a strong showing in the District. Three of the finalists have a good chance of winning their games in the Regionals. As last year, Siegel has no offensive counter or direction to the other teams defenses and seemingly no confidence in what they are doing.. Siegels seniors sat out most of the game.

Congratulation to Riverdale on a hard fought game. Undoubtedly, Shellina Burgess should have been on the all-tournament team. This senior played her heart out and went down with an ankle injury early in the game. That did not deter her intensity and she played hard to the end. This player is what Warrior basketball is all about. Great job 55.

PHargis, this post is the most negative one I have ever seen from you. I saw the 2nd half and Siegel was still in the game until the middle of the 4th quarter and I think you are being a little harsh in your assessment of Coach Bush and his staff. They were good enough to finish 2nd in the regular season and were defeated in overtime in the semi-finals so they must have been doing something right. I think maybe you should give Cookeville a little more credit for doing an outstanding job defensively, which is normal for them.

Lebanon did a great job in the 4th quarter when they fell behind. Riverdale took a 5 point lead at 32-27 by scoring the first 5 points of the quarter. Ebony Marshall then made what I think was the biggest shot of the game by knocking down a 3-pointer to get them right back within 2 at 32-30. From that point I had the feeling that Lebanon really believed they could win the game and they never backed down. Riverdale, who is under-sized, also did a nice job of battling to stay in the game after Lebanon got up by 4 points late. Swoape hit a clutch 3 to tie the game with under 30 seconds left, however Lebanon's Jasmin Brooks was able to find a wide open London Elie under the basket to win the game. Just a note on Jasmin Brooks, I had posted that she was done for the season after talking to a coach on the Lebanon staff sometime back, but obviously that turned out to a premature judgement, which was very fortunate for the Devilettes. Congratulations to Coach Brown and the whole Lebanon program. I believe this is their first district championship since the 1989-90 season. When is the last someone other than Riverdale, Oakland or Cookeville won the 7-AAA tournament? My guess would be White County sometime in the 1990's

To answer your question about the Siegel 17 point win over Riverdale, I will ask a question. Which two players had half the points at half time, and which one of those two saw very few minutes on the court in the loss to Riverdale, and which one of those two watched most of the game tonight?

Can't imagine putting "area leaders" (see DNJ) on the bench in a tournament game that will determine your region seeding. Is this typical 7AAA? Haven't seen that beyond junior pro level except in our 25 point loss to Blackman when all underclassmen played after Siegel led at the end of the first quarter.

While trying to showcase underclassmen, they were not held to the same standards as starters. They were allotted numerous attempts, so why didn't ALL underclassmen play as they did in the district game against Blackman.

I guess Siegel would rather lose by 15 than 25.

what is going on?...why would you rest starters in this game you would think you would want to be in a different bracket than shelbyville right?...the stars has played great ball all year they beat us by a bucket the first time and spanked us the second time and lost in OT the third time i do not understand the benching of players and all the turmoil...pharigs what is going on why so much disappointment

The last time White County won the district tournament was 1998. We won nine in a row, 1990 - 1998. So the last time Lebanon won the tournament woud have had to have been at least 1989. As crazy as it was that year (1989), there was a five-way tie for first place in the regular season that year. Talk about balance, five out of the six teams that season posted 6-4 records. Following that year, Sparta lost a total of five district games in nine years. Unfortunately we have not enjoyed that kind of success since. We've won one regular season title since then (2004) and made it to the championship game of the district three times (2001, 2003 and 2005), but no tournament championships.

The last time White County won the district tournament was 1998. We won nine in a row, 1990 - 1998. So the last time Lebanon won the tournament woud have had to have been at least 1989. As crazy as it was that year (1989), there was a five-way tie for first place in the regular season that year. Talk about balance, five out of the six teams that season posted 6-4 records. Following that year, Sparta lost a total of five district games in nine years. Unfortunately we have not enjoyed that kind of success since. We've won one regular season title since then (2004) and made it to the championship game of the district three times (2001, 2003 and 2005), but no tournament championships.

are you sure about the 89 year i am thinking that RIVERDALE was pretty good that year...could you be refferring to the 90 year?...also are you sure about winning that many tournament championships in a row seems like somone looked it up and the 6 or 7 that we won in a row was the most that ever been done in our district....i am not trying to contradict you or anything but these are a few fact i would like to know

thanks

are you sure about the 89 year i am thinking that RIVERDALE was pretty good that year...could you be refferring to the 90 year?...also are you sure about winning that many tournament championships in a row seems like somone looked it up and the 6 or 7 that we won in a row was the most that ever been done in our district....i am not trying to contradict you or anything but these are a few fact i would like to know

thanks

If sportsfanatic says it, it is so. Not being a jerk or anything, but when it comes to the history of this great game, the man is always right.

If sportsfanatic says it, it is so. Not being a jerk or anything, but when it comes to the history of this great game, the man is always right.

like i said i was just checking i also am not trying to be a jerk but just had questions espcially the 8 year run as tournament champs...and i did think our girls was pretty good in 89 with Kristi Brown and Tammy Crown and Mary Verge