Oak Ridge goes to Soddy Daisy

OakRidgeCat

Hey Folks...

Not got a dog in this hunt but..... We are entering the time of the season where many teams start getting the "bowl game mentality".. Teams with few or no wins come out of nowhere and find great joy in messing up the whole playoff picture.. Heritage, Soddy Daisy, and Bradley all have groups of young men that on a given night can bring their "A" game and leave us wondering..."How in the heck did that happen?".... Team's with playoff inspirations had better maintain their focus or........

This is not a prediction regarding this game or any other but as they say, "that's why they play the games".

O.R. fans , have a safe trip...

Ditto on the comment about the hospitality at S.D. Everyone I met was very nice but it sure is a long trip.....

Go Govs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.... we've had one of those "how did that happen" things there before. I may be too critical but from a visitor's standpoint there isn't a thing I like about going to SD, sorry if I hurt somebody feelings but that's the way I feel.

Examples pay to park, no restrooms on visitirs side. no concessions, low bleachers too far away from the field.

I know , I know I'm just a whiney butt.

Yeah.... we've had one of those "how did that happen" things there before. I may be too critical but from a visitor's standpoint there isn't a thing I like about going to SD, sorry if I hurt somebody feelings but that's the way I feel.

Examples pay to park, no restrooms on visitirs side. no concessions, low bleachers too far away from the field.

I know , I know I'm just a whiney butt.

I agree with the low bleachers too far away, but you are incorrect on the concessions. The last two times I've been there (2 years apart) they had a concession stand on the visitor side. Even had a guy cooking burgers and dogs and selling snow-cones.

I agree with the low bleachers too far away, but you are incorrect on the concessions. The last two times I've been there (2 years apart) they had a concession stand on the visitor side. Even had a guy cooking burgers and dogs and selling snow-cones.

well, we do have consessions.......... if the guy shows up. but for the bathrooms, we do not have them on the visitors side. this past year we built new visitor side bleachers. parking is not from the football team. it is from the JROTC and it is a way for them to make some money because of the county and its lack of funding for such programs. there isnt really any space for the visitor restrooms. but a short walk of the track and there are restrooms near the steps. and then there are also restrooms behind the home bleachers.

Well the "Guy" doesn't show up at Soddy-Daisy due to a bad experience there. It was resolved but I just don't care to go back. Being make to park in a pay lot when I had a handicap permit and tag did it for me. apologies were make and accepted but I had to listen to a very mad wife all the way back to Oak Ridge. It was her that was on crutches. And at the time the restrooms in the endzone weren't working.

well, we do have consessions.......... if the guy shows up.

Are you serious? I've been there twice (2 years apart) and they had concessions both times. It was one of those portable metal concession stands the first time. This year it seamed like a better building, but still temporary. I figured that was a fixture.