mr. football 1a

bottomline

They were not my great players, I am not a big fan or anything. JBS has a very hard time tackilng Marco, and yes even though WH-H may not beat JBS tonite they are a bigger and more physical team IMO. I believe if they wind up playing MP that will come away w/ the upset.....

You are obviosly not a big fan or not very bright. Tuck and Moddy are some of the greatest athletes to come out of JB. Although WH-H DID beat JB I still dont think they can play with MP or JB if they are playing at the top of their games. Thats not aking anything against WH-H, they are a tough team.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are obviosly not a big fan or not very bright. Tuck and Moddy are some of the greatest athletes to come out of JB. Although WH-H DID beat JB I still dont think they can play with MP or JB if they are playing at the top of their games. Thats not aking anything against WH-H, they are a tough team.

Calling me not very bright, not only can they play w/ those teams they can beat them. I said a long time ago that I thought WH-H had a very good chance to beat JBS based on how they matched up w/ them. They match up pretty darn good w/ MP as well, the region is up in the air as of now though so MP might be playing JBS sooner than WH-H. I dont want to argue w/, you are doing what you should be doing, backing up your team. I say lets just squash it now and see what happens.....

I think a good pic for mr. football is Mike Lunsford from Hampton he has started since he was in tenth grade and took his team to the forth round of the playoffs 2 years in a row... and Hampton is undefeaded 8-0....

I have him as my third canidate beside Marco polo and Chad Jordan. I think it has a nice even feel to it because it isn't all the same position (Lunsford is a QB, Marco is QB/HB and Chad is HB), also it has a nice ring to it because it is from all sides of Tennessee (Lunsford is east, Marco is Middle and Chad is west). The only problem with this whole thing? How many people even know who lunsford is? Heck in possumtown he is known more as "that QB who got killed in the semi-final game". I've had pujo tell me a little bit about his numbers and they are looking very good this year but Mr. Football is a popularity award as much as anything else. Gonna be tough to get his name out there.

Regardless I don't think anyone but Marco wins it unless he just has an awful year, which he isn't so...

I have him as my third canidate beside Marco polo and Chad Jordan. I think it has a nice even feel to it because it isn't all the same position (Lunsford is a QB, Marco is QB/HB and Chad is HB), also it has a nice ring to it because it is from all sides of Tennessee (Lunsford is east, Marco is Middle and Chad is west). The only problem with this whole thing? How many people even know who lunsford is? Heck in possumtown he is known more as "that QB who got killed in the semi-final game". I've had pujo tell me a little bit about his numbers and they are looking very good this year but Mr. Football is a popularity award as much as anything else. Gonna be tough to get his name out there.

Regardless I don't think anyone but Marco wins it unless he just has an awful year, which he isn't so...

Honestly, the hit that Lunsford took last year against Friendship is the hardest hit I have EVER seen in person...

Marco is a QB. He has been a QB for 2 years now,

Marco is good but too small for D1. Will probably win again this year. I saw a linebacker catch him at C'wood but he had a slight angle. It was great effort by#3 to catch him and Marco did have about a 30 yard gain on the play. I did not see any of C'woods lineman that even thought they could catch him.

I played against Orlando Wade back in the late 80's and he was D1 and went to MS State as WR. I don't think Daily is as good as Wade was mainly due size.

Folks like to say to small for D1 and maybe he is but I know of a couple that are playing in the pro's that are no bigger than he is. Jones- Drew for Jacksonville, Jones for the Cowboys and another guy that's retired named Sanders, Barry that is not Deion. If he goes to a D1 that would be great if he goes DII, DIII or JUCO I will be just as proud of him. He is one individual that gives everything every play and has more desire to win than anyone I have ever seen.