Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

So there you go Mo-Ron. I knocked down your argument (once again), I "came at you personally" and made you look like a fool, and I presented you with a award. All in the same day. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just another days work /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there you go Mo-Ron. I knocked down your argument (once again), I "came at you personally" and made you look like a fool, and I presented you with a award. All in the same day. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just another days work /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waco, let me spell this out for you one more time and I'm out of here because you aren't worth the Charmin I wipe my butt with. Here's the deal. In your day, 6'9" was enough to get a guy an automatic scholarship because post players back then were maybe 6'4" if that, and that was not normal. I would be willing to bet that you never suited up in a DB uniform because you don't know jack about basketball (or football for that matter, but thats a few months away). Like I said, look at the numbers at the end of the year and I GUARANTEE you that Bronson will be the 4th highest scoring post on the DB roster when it's all said and done. If, and thats a big if, he signs a basketball scholarship to play at the next level, he will not help that team. He is not a basketball player, but simply a 6'9" body that tries to be a player. There ya go Waco. So, over Christmas break when you get your family together to open gifts, tell Bronson that Santa apologizes for not being able to bring him a game to go with that weak frame of his.

The world is a better place for having you in it, WacoIdiot. Merry Christmas!

Waco, let me spell this out for you one more time and I'm out of here because you aren't worth the Charmin I wipe my butt with. Here's the deal. In your day, 6'9" was enough to get a guy an automatic scholarship because post players back then were maybe 6'4" if that, and that was not normal. I would be willing to bet that you never suited up in a DB uniform because you don't know jack about basketball (or football for that matter, but thats a few months away). Like I said, look at the numbers at the end of the year and I GUARANTEE you that Bronson will be the 4th highest scoring post on the DB roster when it's all said and done. If, and thats a big if, he signs a basketball scholarship to play at the next level, he will not help that team. He is not a basketball player, but simply a 6'9" body that tries to be a player. There ya go Waco. So, over Christmas break when you get your family together to open gifts, tell Bronson that Santa apologizes for not being able to bring him a game to go with that weak frame of his.

The world is a better place for having you in it, WacoIdiot. Merry Christmas!

Anybody who would like to discuse Big9 basketball might want to get another thread started because looks like Im going to have to take this Mo-Ron to the end of the earth. So be it. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As anyone can see this Mo-Ron post yet another bashing of a player by name. A player he says he has nothing against personally. Yet continues to bash this player in every single one of his post. I really don't know why CoachT or one of the Moderators hasn't kicked him out by now. That would save me a lot of trouble and I wouldn't have to keep knocking this Mo-Ron down.

My day is today, Mo-Ron. You have guaranteed all of us that this player will not get a scolarship and now your saying "if"he gets one he will not help that team. Sounds like your starting to come around. A few more weeks and I'll make a Bronson Flack fan out of you. But of cource you are still throwing those other "guarantees" out there. Not a good ideal for you to do that. So how long did you and this girl date before Bronson took her away from you? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Nobody said Waco was wrong about the scoring averages. But, since you have the stats already figured out, how about you tell us where Bronson Flack stands on that list? Oh, and Waco, how many points did Flack have last night? Overbay on the radio said 2, but I am with the other guys on here and it is a complete travesty that Tom Taylor is gone.

Please refer to the post below and understand that there are others out there doing the kid bashing but I have to admit that this was mainly directed towards you. What is your problem with this kid? I can honestly say that there is no way that you are a DB fan, no fan of a team would get on here and act in your manner. I'm sure that all true DB and kid fans are just as much appalled by your apparent lack of respect for kids, family & HS sports in general as I am.

I'm just got done going through this thread and can honestly say that I'm apalled by the way some of you can get on here and bash any "KID"!! First it was the Keith Cradic roast and now its the Flack Bronson roast. I don't have a dog in the hunt for basketball but I do like to keep tabs on my sons school and how they do in other sports. I have never nor will I ever get on here and talk about anyones kids out of respect for #1, them and #2, their parents and family. All of you people on here bashing these "KIDS" need to take a reality break and realize its just a game and its being played by "KIDS". I'm glad I dont have a dog in this hunt because it sounds to me like alot of you personally know one another so I assume it wouldn't take much to find you, why do I say this? Cause if you were bashing my kid like this you CERTAINLY would not want to meet me personally!! Merry Christmas and give the "KIDS" a break.

Please refer to the post below and understand that there are others out there doing the kid bashing but I have to admit that this was mainly directed towards you. What is your problem with this kid? I can honestly say that there is no way that you are a DB fan, no fan of a team would get on here and act in your manner. I'm sure that all true DB and kid fans are just as much appalled by your apparent lack of respect for kids, family & HS sports in general as I am.

I'm just got done going through this thread and can honestly say that I'm apalled by the way some of you can get on here and bash any "KID"!! First it was the Keith Cradic roast and know its the Flack Bronson roast. I don't have a dog in the hunt for basketball but I do like to keep tabs on my sons school and how they do in other sports. I have never nor will I ever get on here and talk about anyones kids out of respect for #1, them and #2, their parents and family. All of you people on here bashing these "KIDS" need to take a reality break and realize its just a game and its being played by "KIDS". I'm glad I dont have a dog in this hunt because it sounds to me like alot you personally know one another so I assume it wouldn't take much to find you, why do I say this? Cause if you were bashing my kid like this you surely would not want to meet me personally!! Merry Christmas and give the "KIDS" a break.

He is not a DB fan. He is a poser. There are a few of them on here, or maybe just one with several screen names. He doesn't go to any DB games just "listens" to some on the radio and reads post on CoachT to have enough info to start trouble. He has started this crap about Flack to try and devide the team. Yes he hates DB that much. He has devoted his life to his cause. He is the 2007 Mo-Ron of the year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB just defeated Pikeville Ky. 69-54.

Hardy 14

Riggs 10

Flack 10

Edwards 10

Sylvester 9

williams 7

I think that is correct.

I will tell you this much. With this new "voice of the Indians" it should about double fan attendence. If I had it to do over I would of driven to Pikevillee and watched the game in person. There no way I can sit through another Paul Overbay called game. Something has to be done.

Waco you are an idiot. If you want to compare teams then let's do it:

PG: Joey Blackwell vs Tremell McGue. Advantage 02-03.

SG: Azmar Blye vs Todd Halvorsen. Advantage 02-03.

SG: Henry Williams vs Justin Sylvester. Advantage 02-03.

F: Jarrod Wooten vs. Marshall Hardy. Advantage 02-03.

F: Thomas Harrison vs. Jordan Edwards. Advantage 02-03.

Bench:

02-03 -- Seth Jervis, Lamon Williams, Phillip Tritapoe, David Begley, Ryan Blackwell, Walker Throp (may be some others I'm missing)

07-08 -- Jamel Williams, Adam Lytle, Dustin McConnell, Darren Riggs, Bronson Flack, Reed King, Darius Davis, Jerry Long (may be some others)

Now that you have seen the "100% correct" comparison, just a few notes. The only questionable advantage I gave in the starting lineups was to Henry Williams over Justin Sylvester. And here are my reasons for that:

1. Henry could shoot the ball better.

2. Henry was bigger.

3. Henry was a longer defender which caused more problems.

4. Henry was an excellent, all-conference player in college.

Now, with that said, before Justin's career is finished, he could pass up Henry and be a better player, but there is nothing that would justify listing him as a better player at this point.

Brock, you are correct that noone in the area could handle the ball as well as Azmar except for maybe Joey Blackwell, who happened to be on his team. The 02-03 team would beat this years team down in all facets of the game. They had better ball handlers, shooters, and much better all around post play.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason everyone is so obsessed with this year's DB team is that they are so much better than the other area teams. Granted, this is probably a fact, all though Science Hill may have something to say about that. However, DB has played 1 good team to this point, Farragut, and got their brains beat out, and that was without Farragut's football players. Coach Morgan likes to say that his teams aren't ready until mid-January. That may be the case. Either way, this team has played 1 good team, and lost to that team by 20 or so points.

I have played against almost all of these players and this shouldn't even be a debate. The only reason this DB team is running over everyone is because the talent is down. I realize this because I go against this competition game and game out. No one has size like they used to. Harrison and Azmar's team would win by 50. There would be no one to stop Thomas. He plays against these kids up the Y and makes them look like middle schoolers. I'm not knocking this team now, but please don't compare the two.

DB just defeated Pikeville Ky. 69-54.

Hardy 14

Riggs 10

Flack 10

Edwards 10

Sylvester 9

williams 7

I think that is correct.

I will tell you this much. With this new "voice of the Indians" it should about double fan attendence. If I had it to do over I would of driven to Pikevillee and watched the game in person. There no way I can sit through another Paul Overbay called game. Something has to be done.

Waco.... actually McConnell lead the team in scoring with 13 point (3 treys) and was named MVP of the game and recieved a plaque for his efforts!

Waco.... actually McConnell lead the team in scoring with 13 point (3 treys) and was named MVP of the game and recieved a plaque for his efforts!

Well there you go. I was listening to Overbey and he was all over the map on who scored what. He gave three diferent totals for Riggs after the game. I just kinda averaged the three and came up with 10.

I have played against almost all of these players and this shouldn't even be a debate. The only reason this DB team is running over everyone is because the talent is down. I realize this because I go against this competition game and game out. No one has size like they used to. Harrison and Azmar's team would win by 50. There would be no one to stop Thomas. He plays against these kids up the Y and makes them look like middle schoolers. I'm not knocking this team now, but please don't compare the two.

And now this from a Sullivan Central fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While that may be true with some people, my intention is not to make this about Jordan Edwards. My argument is that simply for his height (I would say size, but he is about 6'9", 155 lbs) he does not dominate games like he should. Regardless of his minutes, he should be dominating. I made the argument earlier and "Bronson's mom" even agreed that Bronson is not the best post player on this team. She said Hardy was, which I think he is the 2nd or 3rd best behind Edwards, but that's not the point. Waco wants to talk numbers, so let's talk numbers. At the end of this season, I guarantee you that Bronson will not be the 1st or 2nd scoring leader among DB's post players. All 4 of them play about the same amount of minutes, so at the end of the year we will check the numbers and see who did the most with the time they had. I guarantee you it will not be Flack.

I did say that Bronson was not the best post I did NOT say he was NOT a good player. We are talking high school basketball here and majority of the time the tallest player is the post. Correct? The time I have seen a player over 6'5" or 6'6" play anything but post was Wiggins at 6'7' from Greenville, he played wing most of the time (some post). When Bronson goes to camp on his own and not with D.B. he plays wing and that's where some of the college coaches saw him play this summer in Nashville at Prep All Stars Camp.

Everybody says Bronson should do this and Bronson should do that and be this and that. I don't see your #### out there shooting hoops and running your ###### off up and down the court every day and with the problems my son has, so until you have walked in another persons shoes don't tell them or anybody else what they should do or how they should be. If you or any body has a problem with what I'm saying you can come say it to my face, you know who I am and it's not that hard to find me. I'm the Mom that proudly wears #44 on her back and BRONSON'S pix on the shirt to every game at D.B.

I'm finding out the longer I post on here and that's been five years now (yeah, I do have another name because I didn't want to post about Bronson under that name) that people are jealous of players and have to beat them down. Bronson put up with this crap for the past four years from some upper classmen and he thought when he became a senior he wouldn't have to put up with the bashings, well congratulations you have filled that spot for the fifth year. I've always said to get respect you have to give respect and you DO NOT get respect. Now that is a GUARANTEE you can count on.