Reg 3 AA

mayspeed

No one has mentioned Brainerd yet. They play well in the district and get second place, they will be in the bracket with Sequatchie Co in the region, and Brainerd has a good shot at beating Sequatchie Co in the semi-finals, which would put them into the sub-state. And I'll tell you, I think that Reg 3 has a good shot at getting 2 teams to the state this year. District 7AA is still blowing their own horn, but I've seen some of what they have, and I'll tell you, they're down this year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned Brainerd yet. They play well in the district and get second place, they will be in the bracket with Sequatchie Co in the region, and Brainerd has a good shot at beating Sequatchie Co in the semi-finals, which would put them into the sub-state. And I'll tell you, I think that Reg 3 has a good shot at getting 2 teams to the state this year. District 7AA is still blowing their own horn, but I've seen some of what they have, and I'll tell you, they're down this year.

...It's a little early to talk about Region match-up's...I know this is a Region 3-AA thread but anything and I mean anything might happen at the District's next week @ Cleveland State & Bledsoe Co...Brainerd doesn't play until a week from tomorrow(Monday) and that's a long wait especially when you talk about not having a game when your body has been conditioned to playing two or three "officiated" games per week since November...the good thing is that they played Austin East on Saturday and they don't have to wait two(2) weekends until the next game...I think the Lady Panthers will be focused and hopefully they will be in the District 5-AA Championship game!!!

That's the same thing people were saying about Region 4 in football this year and we all saw what happened in the first round of those playoffs. Region 4 is ALWAYS tough.....even when they are "down."

I agree it is a little early talking region, but I found something interesting. You have found 7-AA to be down this year and you may be right. But, after looking up who LA, York, and Upperman have played, their records speak for themselves. LA's competition has a combined record of 292-166, while their strength and success rankings are 3 and 2. York's competition was 206-174 with rankings of 31 and 13. Upperman's competition was 319-199 with their ranking 4 and 5. Not bad for a down year for district 7-AA's top 3 teams.

I did also look up the top 2 teams from region 3-AA. Sequatchie's opponents had a combined record of 159-158 with a schedule strength of 109 and success of 14. In fairness to them coacht did not have their records and I didn't hunt for them either. McMinn Central opponents combined record was 198-193 with ranking of 59 and 6.

I don't think we are down, but I could be wrong. As a whole, I do think we play stronger competition night in and night out. Good luck in your tournament!

I do know that Coach Barker at Seq. Co tries to schedule strong opponents for her team and does, but the district games have not always been much of a problem for her team. This can be a problem come tourney time and she is well aware of this. So her players are expected to play as hard as they can as long as they are on the court. This has resulted in some "blowout" scores. The real test in the district should come from a very much improved and scary Howard team. Chatt. Christian and Grundy have also improved a bunch. And Bledsoe Co. played even with Seq. Co. the first half of the game Friday night. Got a couple of girls with excellent shots, but didn't take care of the ball well- can't pass over Lockhart or Barker- they will take it almost every time!

I agree it is a little early talking region, but I found something interesting. You have found 7-AA to be down this year and you may be right. But, after looking up who LA, York, and Upperman have played, their records speak for themselves. LA's competition has a combined record of 292-166, while their strength and success rankings are 3 and 2. York's competition was 206-174 with rankings of 31 and 13. Upperman's competition was 319-199 with their ranking 4 and 5. Not bad for a down year for district 7-AA's top 3 teams.

I did also look up the top 2 teams from region 3-AA. Sequatchie's opponents had a combined record of 159-158 with a schedule strength of 109 and success of 14. In fairness to them coacht did not have their records and I didn't hunt for them either. McMinn Central opponents combined record was 198-193 with ranking of 59 and 6.

I don't think we are down, but I could be wrong. As a whole, I do think we play stronger competition night in and night out. Good luck in your tournament!

I still say it is unfortunate that some of your best teams don't make it to the Buro' because of the Region 3AA vs. 7AA match ups knock the better teams out. This is probably year in and out the best girls regions.

The numbers are a little deceiving, but don't matter in the long run. Sequatchie played seven Class AAA and Georgia 4A, 5A teams. On the average those teams will be stronger than smaller class teams (there are always exceptions before anyone from Jackson sees this) and they don't get credit in the rankings for playing up. Dalton's record, an out of state team, isn't listed for obvious reasons. Sequatchie's Tennessee opponents' record other than in games against Sequatchie is 156-134, still not great but better than .500. Other teams with lots of wins would have this factored in, too.

As far as the schedule, they lined up Red Boiling Springs when Leonard was still there, and they couldn't expect two of the three teams in the Georgia tournament to be basically non-competitive. Soddy-Daisy was not a bad team last year and they had a hard time this year. They did get Cleveland then Bradley Central and Memphis Central in the Cleveland tournament. There are 16 district games and that makes it hard on scheduling, and one opponent which Sequatchie beat handily twice, Whitwell, will always be played because of the crowds drawn. As far as the district, I think a few of the teams are missing results which might affect the rankings slightly. The district is top-heavy, everyone knew that would probably be the case coming in, as the top four are undfeated against the last five. I do think any of those top four are capable of winning a region game no matter the opponent, but that's probably the case with five or six 5AA teams too.

The numbers are a little deceiving, but don't matter in the long run. Sequatchie played seven Class AAA and Georgia 4A, 5A teams. On the average those teams will be stronger than smaller class teams (there are always exceptions before anyone from Jackson sees this) and they don't get credit in the rankings for playing up. Dalton's record, an out of state team, isn't listed for obvious reasons. Sequatchie's Tennessee opponents' record other than in games against Sequatchie is 156-134, still not great but better than .500. Other teams with lots of wins would have this factored in, too.

As far as the schedule, they lined up Red Boiling Springs when Leonard was still there, and they couldn't expect two of the three teams in the Georgia tournament to be basically non-competitive. Soddy-Daisy was not a bad team last year and they had a hard time this year. They did get Cleveland, Bradley Central and Memphis Central in the Cleveland tournament. There are 16 district games and that makes it hard on scheduling, and one opponent which Sequatchie beat handily twice, Whitwell, will always be played because of the crowds drawn. As far as the district, I think a few of the teams are missing results which might affect the rankings slightly. The district is top-heavy, everyone knew that would probably be the case coming in, as the top four are undfeated against the last five. I do think any of those top four are capable of winning a region game no matter the opponent, but that's probably the case with five or six 5AA teams too.

About the out of state teams, thanks. That what I was trying to say in my previous post (about in fairness to Sequatchie Co.), but couldn't type as fast as I could think. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wasn't trying to knock anyone down yall's way, just that we may not be down as some might think. LA has zero seniors and Upperman has one, while York has only two.

Logcabinman, yeah, your right.. That bunch has knocked us out before, but that don't mean we like it /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ! Like I said you all have some good teams, I just think we do too. As far as LA goes, we have had better teams but with more upperclassmen doing the work. We are young overall and that will make us better.

Good luck to all!

I, too have found something interesting. Between York, LA, and Upperman, there have been 17 games against single A schools, that's an average of almost 6 games apiece. This is one of my gripes about CoachT's Strength of Schedule. CoachT rates all classes, A AA & AAA, the same. In fact, you get more credit for beating a 22-5 single A team then you do for 18-9 AAA team. Central has only played 1 single A school. The rest are AA and AAA games. The only teams to beat Central are two AAA schools. But, that aside. We'll have to play our D5 and R3 games. But I really like Central's chances this year. In fact, I like Central's, Brainerd's, and Sequatchie's chances this year. Five more games, and we'll see.