Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

Are you nuts? So home field does not matter thats just crazy!!!!

It doesn't matter when it is like 30 miles to lewis co from hickman. And the reason i say this is because i hate long rides to places. If i only have to ride a bus for thirty miles, i won't be all cramped up as long. And plus when you will have just as many fans on your side as they do, then it's just like home. When Hickman played Lawerence co., Hickman had more fans and and it made a difference. Hickman had motivation from their fans and motivated their fans. All you could hear on that field was HCHS.

Are you nuts? So home field does not matter thats just crazy!!!!

It doesn't matter when it is like 30 miles to lewis co from hickman. And the reason i say this is because i hate long rides to places. If i only have to ride a bus for thirty miles, i won't be all cramped up as long. And plus when you will have just as many fans on your side as they do, then it's just like home. When Hickman played Lawerence co., Hickman had more fans and and it made a difference. Hickman had motivation from their fans and motivated their fans. All you could hear on that field was HCHS.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i don't think it will matter. Esimated around 8,000 to 10,000 people at the game is what i've heard. Half of that will be from Hickman. Believe me, If your in Hickman Friday night, all you will find is the square dirties( the people who basicly live on the square and well the rest explains what they look like). Get to the game early, cause their will be no seats.

Yeah. We saw those guys when we were passing through on our way to Hohenwald a couple of weeks ago. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I agree LUDAWG. Community support is what 2A football is all about. I grew up in Columbia and Central had some really strong basketball and baseball teams through the years and sometimes in football, but big schools don't get the same kind of support that smaller communities do for the most part. That's the whole reason my wife and I chose the Harpeth area. We were specifically looking for a 1A-3A sized school to send our kids to. The bigger classifications don't have anything on the fan support than the smaller schools have.

Thank you!! this is about sharing thoughts and tid bits of info not tearing down communities with ignorance and bliss..Also most of us are parents and alumni. so why set bad examples.. and i have done my share but cannot wait till tomorrow night gonna be a great crowd and hopefully and awesome game....

It should be standing room only tomorrow night. With 2 very good teams it should be a great game. What kind of shape will the field be in after the rainfall today? Do you think there is a chance that some of the TV news crews will come and cover the game, if they can find there way out of Nashville or get away from the private schools?

Good post DAWGPOUND. You're exactly right about the large crowd. Regardless of the outcome tomorrow night, this football season has brought the entire community together and created an excitement not seen in our county in some time. It is great to see the stadium packed each Friday night and read positive articles about the team in the newspaper each week. Yeah, some HC and LC fans may be a bit cocky with their posts. But the great part is they have much pride in their school, team, and community. And from a Hickman Co. standpoint over the last several years, you couldn't always say that. Not that the support wasn't there, but it was mainly from those directly involved with the school or the team. Now with this experienced success, the whole community is on board. And it is great to be a part of such a rivalry with great tradition once again. Storied rivalries are great and beneficial for all parties involved. None existed in our old 4A region. Hopefully everyone cheers hard tomorrow night but keeps things in perspective. After all, we are talking about high school kids playing a game.

great post!

Good post DAWGPOUND. You're exactly right about the large crowd. Regardless of the outcome tomorrow night, this football season has brought the entire community together and created an excitement not seen in our county in some time. It is great to see the stadium packed each Friday night and read positive articles about the team in the newspaper each week. Yeah, some HC and LC fans may be a bit cocky with their posts. But the great part is they have much pride in their school, team, and community. And from a Hickman Co. standpoint over the last several years, you couldn't always say that. Not that the support wasn't there, but it was mainly from those directly involved with the school or the team. Now with this experienced success, the whole community is on board. And it is great to be a part of such a rivalry with great tradition once again. Storied rivalries are great and beneficial for all parties involved. None existed in our old 4A region. Hopefully everyone cheers hard tomorrow night but keeps things in perspective. After all, we are talking about high school kids playing a game.

Great post! It's exciting getting to see the overwhelming excitement in Centerville these days. Over the past few years many people have only come to games to socialize and didn't even know who was playing. This year everyone is on the edge of their seats the entire game with anticipitation.

i am glad that hickman is good and its great to have a great rivalry in our region again. it should be fun friday night and whoever says homefield doesnt matter is nuts. you get to play on a field that you are used to playing on and you get to be in your locker room and stay in your house until an hour or two before game time instead of being on a bus. should be a good smashmouth game. just like it should be hopefully both teams and fans behave themselves. good luck to both teams. keep it clean and play hard. lewis be a touchdown. probably low scoring.

wo

Stats dont win games............ you can look at stats all year.............. Lewis ha tnot played Hickman yet............ Hickman 28 lewis 21, Swenson will have them ready, then.... after they shut Lewis county's mouth...... roll on......................

The only thing LC will be doing is laughing at HC after we make them eat that football and the trash that is being talked!!!! HC needs to worry more about playing ball than running their mouths

The only thing LC will be doing is laughing at HC after we make them eat that football and the trash that is being talked!!!! HC needs to worry more about playing ball than running their mouths

Remember those words......and the trash your talking........ keep all eyes on the field ( even that 3rd eye you got growin) because you are not gonna know what hit you........ Big Dawgs are comin......and they are hungry /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> .........less than 24 hours till it is shut up and put up time !