Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outcome I saw coming, I cant wait to hear the excuses from the Bulldog faithful. Where was that brillant passing game you guys have been hiding? Great job Lewis Co., way to bring Hickman back to reality.

Put a sock in it Bertier. No one cares about the opinion of a sour Fairview fan. If you had been at the game, you would have seen a couple thousand Bulldog faithful who loyally follow and support their team. They cheer them on through good and bad and most all of them show good sportsmanship. Don't stereotype the "Bulldog faithful" by the few idiotic posts that some HC fans write on this site. There are a lot of good people that are true Bulldog fans in Hickman County. As for the game, no excuses here whatsoever. Lewis County's defense completely shut down our offense. It was not hard to imagine Lewis County winning this game, but I definitely didn't see our offense being completely shut down by LC's defense. But that is exactly what happened. I give a lot of credit to LC for a great game plan and even better execution. Hickman County's defense also played pretty well considering the terrible field position it was often put in by poor special teams play and an early offensive turnover (our first of the season). But the defense was forced to stay on the field entirely too long because of our inability to move the ball and pick up first downs. I would have liked to seen if things turned out differently if D.J. Key had been given a few snaps under center. He tends to throw the ball better than Cannon, but Cannon is an exceptional leader on the field. But tonight all the credit goes to Lewis County for a job well done. And even with the loss, I say again that it is great to be back in 2A football with these storied rivalries between local communities. Good luck this week to both the Dawgs and Panthers.

Put a sock in it Bertier. No one cares about the opinion of a sour Fairview fan. If you had been at the game, you would have seen a couple thousand Bulldog faithful who loyally follow and support their team. They cheer them on through good and bad and most all of them show good sportsmanship. Don't stereotype the "Bulldog faithful" by the few idiotic posts that some HC fans write on this site. There are a lot of good people that are true Bulldog fans in Hickman County. As for the game, no excuses here whatsoever. Lewis County's defense completely shut down our offense. It was not hard to imagine Lewis County winning this game, but I definitely didn't see our offense being completely shut down by LC's defense. But that is exactly what happened. I give a lot of credit to LC for a great game plan and even better execution. Hickman County's defense also played pretty well considering the terrible field position it was often put in by poor special teams play and an early offensive turnover (our first of the season). But the defense was forced to stay on the field entirely too long because of our inability to move the ball and pick up first downs. I would have liked to seen if things turned out differently if D.J. Key had been given a few snaps under center. He tends to throw the ball better than Cannon, but Cannon is an exceptional leader on the field. But tonight all the credit goes to Lewis County for a job well done. And even with the loss, I say again that it is great to be back in 2A football with these storied rivalries between local communities. Good luck this week to both the Dawgs and Panthers.

Lots of class.. much appreciated.

As I had predicted from day one, it was gonna be a defensive struggle. I will be honest with you, I didn't think we could shut the Dawgs down like we did. I wish Hickman County all the best over the next few weeks.

Made the drive to Hohenwald to watch the Lewis Co - Hickman Co game - and what a great game. Other than a couple of miscues in the first quarter, neither team really dominated the other. The game was a LOT closer than the score makes it seem.

Some observations (and let it be noted I'm a completely disinterested observer - I could care less who won and lost):

1. If the TSSAA has some kind of review process for officials, they need to implement it on the crew that officiated tonight. They had to be the most incompetent crew in the state of Tennessee. Not biased that I could tell - but they looked waaaayyy too confused to be referring a high school game.

2. Thought it was pretty bad that HC's fans started leaving midway through the 4th quarter - by the end of the game, probably 35-40 percent had left. If you are going to support your team, then stay for the whole game.

3. For the guy on the other thread that mouthed off and said he'd be running the downs marker during the game - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to screw HC those two times tonight, but due to the clueless refs, you pretty much pulled it off. Either wait for the ref to tell you when to move, or find someone else to do the job - because you aren't cutting it.

4. The LC defensive line won the game - no ifs, ands, or buts.

Again, a great game and worth the drive. Wish every high school game was this good.

what a game, their had to be at least 3 or 4 thousand people at the game, hickman county brought the house, hickman county has a great team, lewis county did a great job of containing hickman countys speed, lewis countys offensive and defensive line controlled the line of scrimmage,,good luck to the dawgs, and congrats to my alma mater LEWIS COUNTY .PANTHER PRIDE !

Made the drive to Hohenwald to watch the Lewis Co - Hickman Co game - and what a great game. Other than a couple of miscues in the first quarter, neither team really dominated the other. The game was a LOT closer than the score makes it seem.

Some observations (and let it be noted I'm a completely disinterested observer - I could care less who won and lost):

1. If the TSSAA has some kind of review process for officials, they need to implement it on the crew that officiated tonight. They had to be the most incompetent crew in the state of Tennessee. Not biased that I could tell - but they looked waaaayyy too confused to be referring a high school game.

2. Thought it was pretty bad that HC's fans started leaving midway through the 4th quarter - by the end of the game, probably 35-40 percent had left. If you are going to support your team, then stay for the whole game.

3. For the guy on the other thread that mouthed off and said he'd be running the downs marker during the game - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to screw HC those two times tonight, but due to the clueless refs, you pretty much pulled it off. Either wait for the ref to tell you when to move, or find someone else to do the job - because you aren't cutting it.

Again, a great game and worth the drive. Wish every high school game was this good.

By far, the worst officiating crew I've seen. I agree that they were unbiased but you've got to keep the game moving. It was taking several minutes to figure things out during the first half.

A great game for sure. I was very impressed with Lewis County's d-line.

Well theres no use in talking about this one anymore. The better team won the game. But hats off to Hickman County, they played tough the whole game. But when Lewis plays the way they did tonight, there aren't many teams in 2-A that can play with them. Good Luck the rest of the way Hickman. Lets finish out the season and show those other schools Region 6-2A isn't so weak after all.

and lewis co didnt play their best game by far 2nite we got THA W and we will take it but we gotta play better when playoffs comes around

Here I am. Back to eat some crow. I really enjoyed this week leading up to the game and it almost lived up to the hype. I also enjoyed the smack talk on these very pages. What good is sports without a little talk and confidence in your team?

I have to say, I was very impressed with the facilities at L.C. My 10 year-old son was impressed with all the trophies as we walked into the stadium. I was equally impressed with your team. The defense was suffocating and I was particularly impressed with your QB. He really hurt us.

I just wish we would have had our 'A' game tonight. Some of that needs to be credited to L.C. but Sowell did not appear to me to be 100%. I was again impressed with L.C.'s defensive gameplan and their ability to neutralize our speed. I would have loved to see how the game would have changed had our opening kickoff return stood. And that leads me to tonight's officiating. UGH! Awful seems too nice of a word to describe it! They could not even walk off penalty yardage without a 10 minute conference. How could one of the biggest games in the state this week not merit a better officiating crew than the one we had?!? Regardless, I am not using that as an excuse for our loss.

Kudos to #85 from H.C. That kid played his heart out and was one of the few bright spots on our side of the ball. I feel bad for the H.C. seniors, of which #85 is, but they will live to fight another day. Here is hoping we get another shot at you guys! Congratulations on a huge victory and the District 6 2A crown!

1. If the TSSAA has some kind of review process for officials, they need to implement it on the crew that officiated tonight. They had to be the most incompetent crew in the state of Tennessee. Not biased that I could tell - but they looked waaaayyy too confused to be referring a high school game. AMEN!

2. Thought it was pretty bad that HC's fans started leaving midway through the 4th quarter - by the end of the game, probably 35-40 percent had left. If you are going to support your team, then stay for the whole game. I would hardly call it 35-40%. More like 10-15%

3. For the guy on the other thread that mouthed off and said he'd be running the downs marker during the game - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to screw HC those two times tonight, but due to the clueless refs, you pretty much pulled it off. Either wait for the ref to tell you when to move, or find someone else to do the job - because you aren't cutting it. No sense in calling someone out like this.