CSAS or Grace.. Who wins Region

Wildcatcoach

who can run point other than cobb and hampton? deere just needs to be a roll playin PG. i would still go with foster. he adds beef to a soft line up and with 2 big guys down there the lane and rebounds will be hard to get to. which will limit second chance buckets.

if deere cant do point mckoy can. just make sure you put the safety on his trigger finger

it is hard to determine a starting lineup for this team they all have potential to be good if not great players as a team in whole they can make a run deep in the tourney and have a chance to be one of the best team in chatt this year they have guys that are interchangeable line up could be

hampton-pg

cobb/mccoy-sg

townsind/cobb-sf

foster/deere-pf

ball-c

cousin possible 6th man maybe even stater, all of their guards can handle deere has good quickness but probally wont be handling the ball a lot

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who can run point other than cobb and hampton? deere just needs to be a roll playin PG. i would still go with foster. he adds beef to a soft line up and with 2 big guys down there the lane and rebounds will be hard to get to. which will limit second chance buckets.

if deere cant do point mckoy can. just make sure you put the safety on his trigger finger

Cousin can play the PG but ill assume that you already knew that since you know so much about the team. And this is the same team that went like 30-1 this summer with Cobb in NY the whole summer.

To me it seemed that Cobb accepted his role and understood what an important role is, instead of being that selfish kid that complains because he doesnt start. A college coach will love to have the kid that isnt worried about himself, but more concerned about his TEAM

Cousin can play the PG but ill assume that you already knew that since you know so much about the team. And this is the same team that went like 30-1 this summer with Cobb in NY the whole summer.

To me it seemed that Cobb accepted his role and understood what an important role is, instead of being that selfish kid that complains because he doesnt start. A college coach will love to have the kid that isnt worried about himself, but more concerned about his TEAM

well yeah he accepted his role. what else are you going to do. tell your coach "no i don't want to do that." accepting the role is kind of a given.

sounds like blackmail. he might have been lucky to be on the team but he was on it. these are kids. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 years old. everyone plays with fire and gets burnt. burn him( suspend 4 a few game) and let it go. have faith in your players and they will have faith in you.

cobb may have accepted his role last year but he's a Sr with 3 less experianced Jrs starting infront of him. plus most colleges will overlook you if you dont start. why give a "super sub" a scholarship when you can get a super starter?

i should worry bout the riverside gym cause CSAS is my team. players have never been the problem there. the coaching staff has been. the grace, temple, mcminn central, and howard coaches have always out coached csas. with someone hard nosed and that can identify more with the kids CSAS should round the corner and wont loose athletes like they have in the past.

wildcat i would put 5 on every game hope you have money to give away

MY CSAS STARTERS

1:daleon deere tough player that takes D serious and can handle the rock

2: Hassan cobb slasher with plenty of strength is more of a street player so have your ankel brace

3:Dontay hampton the glue to the team

4:terrell townsend or warren foster (speed or beef) townsend is the 3 point man and foster is the enforcer

5:brian ball just plan tall

with Sr shooters mckoy and johnson on the bench points and quickness are not a problem

not a set up offense team but can do so if made to. run and gun till someone stops you

I wasnt talking about money. you say how easy this region is you make it sound like you could get five players and run right thru it undefeated.

in the end i feel that if coach dragoo were a better coach then cobb would be the go to guy instead of hampton.

Im just curious, how many years have you critics of Coach Dragoo coached high school basketball and how successful have you been. I'm not here to defend Coach Dragoo -- his record speaks for itself but some of your statements sound plain ignorant at best or like someone thats petty with an ax to grind (dragoonhater??) at worst. Im pretty sure Coach Dragoo tried every combination including trying Cobb as the "go to " guy but it didn't work last year. What did work was the combination that got them to the state finals. Mabey Cobb will be the guy but that remains to be seen. I think the beauty of last years team was that on any given night you had twelve people playing as a team. That (Teams) in my opinon is what wins in basketball not individuals and that is the coaches job.

I wasnt talking about money. you say how easy this region is you make it sound like you could get five players and run right thru it undefeated.

give me my csas starting 5 and i will. this region other than grace who will beat csas is powder puff.

if he is so good why do parents send there kids to other schools so they dont have to play for him, kids dont come back for there senior year, or a mother takes her sons off the team in the middle of the season?

if kids want to play football there is a tssaa rule saying they can go somwhere to play if there school does not have it. so football is not the excuse. actually its something that can build the program up.

give me my csas starting 5 and i will. this region other than grace who will beat csas is powder puff.

if he is so good why do parents send there kids to other schools so they dont have to play for him, kids dont come back for there senior year, or a mother takes there sons off the team in the middle of the season?

if kids want to play football there is a tssaa rule saying they can go somwhere to play if there school does not have it. so football is not the excuse.

Please name the kids that didnt come back for their senior year?

Please name whose child was taken off the team during the middle of the season?

Please name the kids that didnt come back for their senior year?

Please name whose child was taken off the team during the middle of the season?

there are plenty just ask around. here are a few to ask about tyler adams micheal brown, daivd lopez cepero, kevin ash, james hart, big george from years ago, clay martin, tyrone high

the twins . and it was all because the coach

Why do you hate Dragoo?

Can someone put the Grace schedule up for me?

i dont hate him. i hate on him. there is a hidden agenda somewhere in his brain and the players are not part of it. with the years he has put in he should be able to get players in college no matter d-1 , d-3, or juco. the players and parents have to make tapes and send them to schools when he should promote them. what coach wants to hear from a parent how good there son is? if you guys would just look at great coaches(pat summit, bruce pearl, bear bryant, ERs volleyball/basketball coach, jay price) and what they do you would realize he cant hang with the best. he just gets lucky ever 16 years and goes down in the big game. i know all this is goin to fall on blind eyes and deaf ears.

CSAS moved up to AA at somepoint during the mid 90's and was one of the smallest schools in AA. In 98 CSAS played your State Championship Crusaders and smoked them by like 30 I do believe.

While in AA they advanced to the Sub-State twice.

Since back in Single A they havent lost a District game in two years, and the closest game in District was maybe 17pts.

And someone else was saying how Coach Dragoo has under-achieved at CSAS. They have won 20 games a year for atleast the last 10yrs. He has had only one loosing season in 18 years at CSAS.

He has GRADUATED every player that has come through the program, and I would say close to 95% of those have gone on to GRADUATE college. SO lets see, he has won games with these kids, and made MEN out of them (many of them who dont have a father in their life) SO if you really think he has under achieved then maybe you should get your priorities in line.

I dont dought what youre saying but I do know that the state champion in 98 was Moore county. I know because my highschool team lost the state championship in 98.