AAA Region Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oak ridge 2-1 farragut

mj,

Did you get a chance to see the game in person? It was very good. Oak Ridge's defense played very well. Their offense made the most of the opportunities presented. They definately play Farragut better on the wider field, as their early season loss was on a narrow Farragut football field.

mj,

Did you get a chance to see the game in person? It was very good. Oak Ridge's defense played very well. Their offense made the most of the opportunities presented. They definately play Farragut better on the wider field, as their early season loss was on a narrow Farragut football field.

I agree. I drove down expecting (and predicting) a Farragut win. I thought Farragut was baffled by the defense and did not know how to attack it. Oak Ridge's defense is much improved from when they played Greeneville and they possessed the ball better than the earlier games I have seen them play.

I do think this gives Region 1 some hope!!!

I agree. I drove down expecting (and predicting) a Farragut win. I thought Farragut was baffled by the defense and did not know how to attack it. Oak Ridge's defense is much improved from when they played Greeneville and they possessed the ball better than the earlier games I have seen them play.

I do think this gives Region 1 some hope!!!

Why does it give Region 1 some hope? I don't think it matters who Greeneville or Science Hill plays. As far as Greeneville goes, Farragut or Oak Ridge would be a wash. GV beat Farragut in pre-season and lost the first game of regular season by 3-1 but the game was much closer than the score indicates being tied most of the game and then GV scored an own-goal with about 30 seconds left. GV and OR tied in a very tough game played well by both teams. The earlier game this year with Bearden was a 7-0 blowout but some of the girls would love a chance to avenge last years heartbreak loss to Bearden in sub-state and also show that Bearden is not a 7 goal better team.

Oak Ridge is a very good team. The road to States for Region 1 goes through Knoxville and its never been an easy trip. It wont be any different this year vs Bearden or OR.

Why does it give Region 1 some hope? I don't think it matters who Greeneville or Science Hill plays. As far as Greeneville goes, Farragut or Oak Ridge would be a wash. GV beat Farragut in pre-season and lost the first game of regular season by 3-1 but the game was much closer than the score indicates being tied most of the game and then GV scored an own-goal with about 30 seconds left. GV and OR tied in a very tough game played well by both teams. The earlier game this year with Bearden was a 7-0 blowout but some of the girls would love a chance to avenge last years heartbreak loss to Bearden in sub-state and also show that Bearden is not a 7 goal better team.

Oak Ridge is a very good team. The road to States for Region 1 goes through Knoxville and its never been an easy trip. It wont be any different this year vs Bearden or OR.

I guess my point was that Greeneville or Science Hill would fair better against Oak Ridge than Farragut. I saw Greeneville's games against Farragut and Oak Ridge. I thought they played Oak Ridge closer and even controlled most of the second half. As for Science Hill, they got rocked by both Farragut and Bearden. They may fair better if they get Oak Ridge on Saturday. Just an opinion.