Official Mr. Football Thread: 1A, 2A, 3A

CoachT

Harrison Moore of Westview for 2A Back

Justin Burlison of Westview for 2A Defensive Lineman

Westview is undefeated right now and these 2 are a big reason why! Harrison Moore has shown great improvement this year at the QB position and has been killing opposing defenses with arm and his legs, not to mention all of the yards and TDs he has piled up on special teams along with great play in defense, he should definitely be on the list! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Justin Burlison is the heart and soul of that ferocious Westview D! This year he has grown into the dominant defensive lineman everyone knew he was gonna be! He has been eating up QBs, RBs, and occasionaly WRs all year long! He is the backbone of that team and a true leader and deserves to be in the running! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Punisher, I agree with you. Moore is all over the field. He has matured a lot this year, and he is a weapon on either side of the ball.

Burlison, who has been double and some times triple-teamed all year, has had a great season. He's evidently well respected on the field by the opposing teams.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Blake QB,DB (Grace Academy, Chattanooga)

I'm looking at stats before last friday nights game so I'm going to have estimate totals to date. About 60% completion, right around 1500 passing yards, 21 TD to 4 INT. He has also added about 800 rushing yards and a handful of rushing TD. Starting safety...sure he has a few picks as well.

UPDATED STATS FOR MARCO DAILEY.... Mt Pleasant's regular season is complete.

2006 Class 1A Mr Football QB Marco Dailey from Mt Pleasant.

Passing

88 Attempts

41 Completions

700 yards

9 Touchdowns

2 Interceptions

17.07 yards per completion

QBR 142.6

70 yards is longest completion

Rushing

173 Attempts

1591 yards

22 Touchdowns

9.2 yards per carry

159.1 yard per game

80 yards longest run

Total Offense

261 plays

2291 total yards

229.1 yards per game

Scoring

144 points

PAT

Rushing = 9 attempts 6 made 66.66%

Passing = 3 attempts 2 made 66.66%

TSSAA Record Book (According to the TSSAA Record page)

Most rushing yard by a QB 2618 set in 2006 & 2nd place with1591 yds in 2007

The following are as of today 10/28/07 and will change every game he plays

Rushing yards in a Career = 3rd all time with 6857 career yards. 673 from 2nd all time & 2585 from 1st all time

Rushing TD in a Career = 103 TD, First all time

TD in a Career = 104, 2nd all time, 28 behind 1st

Most TD both rushing & Passing = 116 total, 1st all time

Points in a Career = 6542 points scored, 2nd all time, 1380 behind 1st

Consecutive 100 yard Rushing Games = 22 straight, 2nd all time, 5 more to tie record

Marco Daily has more total yards (rushing and passing) than anybody in single A and he had over 200 yards and 3tds against Lewis Co. an undefeated, untested top 5 2A team. Also had well over 100 yards against Fairview another 2A playoff team. And he had over 200 against Collinwood a top 10 single A team and Wayne Co. another perenially good 1A team.

Marco Daily has more total yards (rushing and passing) than anybody in single A and he had over 200 yards and 3tds against Lewis Co. an undefeated, untested top 5 2A team. Also had well over 100 yards against Fairview another 2A playoff team. And he had over 200 against Collinwood a top 10 single A team and Wayne Co. another perenially good 1A team.

Lewis county untested? They did play Mt. Pleasant......so that doesn't count I guess, but you forgot about Hickman county.........excellent team.

I'm with CoachT, I got my ballot and need some help. So please get on the thread and post who you think should get the votes of the media who visit (quite often /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) this site.

3-a Back

Hudson - Howard

3-a Kicker

Hammonds - Polk County

Josh Blake has 2285 total yds and has one more game to go. He is just 6 yds behind Mr. Daily