3. AE

4. Fulton

5. Oak Ridge

6. Farragut

7. Loudon

8. Anderson County

9. Powell

10. Catholic

This is probably the strongest group of Knoxville area teams I can remember. 1 through 6 are all very good, although from what I have seen AE is good but ranked to high. Maybe they will improve as the season goes on but just about everyone below them - Fulton, Farragut. Oak Ridge, and AC looked better in spring ball and scrimmages.

3 Bearden (Simpson, Jenkins, Craig), 2 Maryville (Douglas, Damron), 2 Fulton (Gallman, Minor) and 2 AE (Jones, Florence) and 1 OR (Dowdell) players listed as top players. As usual a talented group of Farragut players is overlooked. Binder is the only one mentioned in the ready to shine category.

These rankings are a joke. If these people knew anything about basketball they would have Anderson County above Loudon. AC is going to be stacked this year. On another note, Farragut is way to under ranked. I would put them at 4. And personally, I think that Fulton might be the best team in the area this year. Farragut's group of Seniors is pretty good and know how to win. The loss of their JV coach will be missed, but they got a pretty good one in return. He has plenty of experience and is a really good coach.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news from scrimmages?

Fulton and Maryville scrimmaged Saturday morning at Fulton. Fulton won, 66-59. It was a good workout for both teams. Fulton has great quickness, plays tough D, and can really shoot the basketball. Even though Maryville lost the scrimmage, I think it was good preparation for them before they play at A-E this Thursday night.

Last week Maryville scrimmaged Anderson County and Daniel Boone and beat both teams, AC by about 10 and Daniel Boone by about 25. Anderson County was missing 3 or 4 key players, but they still competed very well with Maryville. Anderson County has a chance to be really good this year, imo.

Fulton and Maryville scrimmaged Saturday morning at Fulton. Fulton won, 66-59. It was a good workout for both teams. Fulton has great quickness, plays tough D, and can really shoot the basketball. Even though Maryville lost the scrimmage, I think it was good preparation for them before they play at A-E this Thursday night.

Last week Maryville scrimmaged Anderson County and Daniel Boone and beat both teams, AC by about 10 and Daniel Boone by about 25. Anderson County was missing 3 or 4 key players, but they still competed very well with Maryville. Anderson County has a chance to be really good this year, imo.

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, isn't Anderson County ranked in the top 10. (PrepExrta)

I'm curious about SOuth Doyle. They lost a lot of baseball err basketball players to graduation. Had a good junior, I think his name is Moore. Not much else. What do they have coming back?

I pretty much just took off the seinors and the transfers from last year for S-D's team

52 Elliott, Josh P 6-4 215 JR

None Johnson, Denzel JR

40 Moore, Mickey G 6-4 190 JR

20 Murphy, Brandon P 6-3 270 JR

12 Taylor, Bradford G 6-0 175 JR

So I think some or most of the teams have done their tip-off classic game things.. For anyone that knows how did they fair? Obviously the halves are basically worthless, bust still nice to know how they did.

Fulton laid a pretty good one on Halls, Farragut beat Webb by double figures, South-Doyle and Powell tied. That was all I know about the Tuesday match ups