Big Game On The Creekbank FCS @ TROUSDALE

yjacket

Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. And congrats to the G-men from Gordonsville on their win over the purple tigers and a region 4 championship. How many 1A regions can boast 3 different teams winning region titles in the last 3 years.

It also appears that Region 4 will be in good hands for the years to come with so many young players playing for both teams. With all this talk about TC youth and their improvement as the year has progressed it should be noted that FC has been playing as many as 8 sophomores regularly. You might take note that #'s 2,3,10,21,22,33,88 all start and all are sophomores. In addition there are several other sophomores and a class of freshmen that are strong as well that will be wearing green the next few years in Possumtown. Should make for more fun the next few years and a little more respect for those sweatervest wearers supporting FC.

Best of luck in the playoffs to all of Region 4. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. And congrats to the G-men from Gordonsville on their win over the purple tigers and a region 4 championship. How many 1A regions can boast 3 different teams winning region titles in the last 3 years.

It also appears that Region 4 will be in good hands for the years to come with so many young players playing for both teams. With all this talk about TC youth and their improvement as the year has progressed it should be noted that FC has been playing as many as 8 sophomores regularly. You might take note that #'s 2,3,10,21,22,33,88 all start and all are sophomores. In addition there are several other sophomores and a class of freshmen that are strong as well that will be wearing green the next few years in Possumtown. Should make for more fun the next few years and a little more respect for those sweatervest wearers supporting FC.

Best of luck in the playoffs to all of Region 4. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I like it!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard a rumor that TC was getting a TV screen at the field to show replays and highlights and such.

can any TC fan confirm this?

If it's true, it's pretty neat.

Jumbo screen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> replays, Probably not. last night was a demo package. ( kinda advertisement )would't mind seeing them sponser us . I think if one was ever obtained it would be place in with the scoreboard and would be a larger version. ( I heard last night it would cost well over a 100K ) It would take a lot of sponsers to pay for that. It was nice though.

With you and jacket fan from chatt there it would have been an emotional train wreck!!!!! lol How was cheese and carey on the radio are they pretty good?

Shoot!! We heard only the last 60 seconds on the radio and I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" It would have been really ugly in person. And to boot, hubby's team and my newer team (daughter's school) also lost. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> And we would probably have met daughter's team first round (Silverdale) if we had won. Though that would have been tough - purple and green don't look too good together. Oh well, Monterey messed that scenario up for us last year.

Let's see if Monterey can move TC up this year by winning next week. Though I still can't figure out what the rankings look like at the moment.

Go Jackets.

Shoot!! We heard only the last 60 seconds on the radio and I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" It would have been really ugly in person. And to boot, hubby's team and my newer team (daughter's school) also lost. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> And we would probably have met daughter's team first round (Silverdale) if we had won. Though that would have been tough - purple and green don't look too good together. Oh well, Monterey messed that scenario up for us last year.

Let's see if Monterey can move TC up this year by winning next week. Though I still can't figure out what the rankings look like at the moment.

Go Jackets.

Sounds liken this to these old eyes. If in Watertown beats Monterey then ye got a finish like this:

G Men

Green Fellers

Watertown

TC

Now if in dem fellers from da top of the mountain beat dem Watertown tiggers then ye got somethin like dis I think.

G Men

Monterey

Green Fellers

TC.

Ya'll let me know if in I figgered it wrong. I done a hole bunch of figgerein on dis un.

Possumtowner - That's probably right. I can't keep up with it. I just figured if Monterey wins, then TC may move up one b/c they beat Monterey. But I do not claim to know a thing about how the playoffs work. I'm just a little ole girl who likes to cheer for my Jackets. I need to just keep my mouth closed and say "Go Jackets" and "good win" or "get em next week" HAHA. Anyway, just hope we can beat RBS next week (you know, anything can happen, but surely...) and stay in the playoffs. Although not looking forward to playing South Pitt, but will at least get to attend that game since we live so close.

Sorry, I tend to babble. Congrats to you on your win, even though it felt like a dagger to my heart. It seemed to be a good fight by both teams.

You missed a great one last night. Trousdale County's Living Legend coach almost came unglued a few times. One time I thought he was going to draw a penalty. I did feel sorry for Trousdale's kicker on that kick. The times I have seen them this year he can hit that kick in pregame anytime he needs too. Tough break for him, but you still get the playoffs so anything can happen.

Grunt, was that you driving one of those fancy cars across the field at halftime? I thought I saw you and your daughter coming across the field. Which one was you? I can't believe the Living Legend walking the sidelines in Hartsville let those fancy sports cars on his field. Does this always happen at halftime?

I heard a rumor that TC was getting a TV screen at the field to show replays and highlights and such.

can any TC fan confirm this?

If it's true, it's pretty neat.

they had one in the corner of the field last nite to see if we liked it or not. it's supposed to go in our new scoreboard, and it was pretty neat.

You missed a great one last night. Trousdale County's Living Legend coach almost came unglued a few times. One time I thought he was going to draw a penalty. I did feel sorry for Trousdale's kicker on that kick. The times I have seen them this year he can hit that kick in pregame anytime he needs too. Tough break for him, but you still get the playoffs so anything can happen.

Grunt, was that you driving one of those fancy cars across the field at halftime? I thought I saw you and your daughter coming across the field. Which one was you? I can't believe the Living Legend walking the sidelines in Hartsville let those fancy sports cars on his field. Does this always happen at halftime?

Legend,

Mr. Grunt was not driving. he would have probably prefred something in the 60's / 70's era. ( which I would have too ) so Grunt enjoyed the festivities from the 50 yrd line, a few rows up.. My daugther road in the Red Prowler. You might have seen us walking together as we were leaving the field just after the activities. glad you were able to make it..

Legend, I was in the stands in my usual place..50yd. line 5 rows up. Ole3putt was the one on

the field at half time, all prettied up in his suit, pretty girl on each arm ( envious here). Clint

wouldn't let him drive tho, cutting doughnuts & all. Sorry I missed ya, had no clue who to look for.

My old legs won't let me roam the fence for long anymore. Let these young guns take care of

that. My first time to meet 3putt, did know some of his family tho, good people.

Although not set in stone, odds are we will be travelling to SP in 2 weeks, maybe I can catch

you there.

Clint does (reluctantly) allow the cars on the field at Homecoming, providing the field is dry.

No problem last nite, field in excellent shape.