region 7 a district 14?

volfan007

YOU ARE RIGHT USA TODAY WILL BE CALLING SOON THEY WILL PLAY 1 OF THE FEW SINGLE A TEAMS ON THERE SCHEDULE TONIGHT BESIDES THERE DIVISION LOOK FOR THE SCORE FROM TONIGHTS HALL OF FAME GAME THEY PLAY A 1A SCHOOL TONIGHT IT WILL BE UGLY!!!!!!! VERY VERY UGLY!!! AND THE STARTERS WANT PLAY PAST THE 1ST Q IM THINKING AT LEAST 50+ POINTS

Who are they playing 2nite?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UC is going to win this year. Who knows Manassas scould prove other wise. However it doesnt matter where you end up ranked it matters that the gold ball is sitting in your trophy case. UC has won 30 games but played not so great in the region tourny last tear. This aint the BCS it's a playoff at the end.

How long has UC been in single A, 3 or 4 years? I can't recall. If Manassas is beating AAA schools by 40 then USA Today will be hittin them up soon.

Well,we have four of them(Gold Balls) which ties us for third in the state all-time....I think we have done alright

Well,we have four of them(Gold Balls) which ties us for third in the state all-time....I think we have done alright

Manassas destroyed city university by 59pts i told you so and Reggie Buckner had 122 pts in 5 minutes of play 10 of the 12 were All MONSTER JAMS I MEAN WINDMILLS ALLY HOOPS REVERSE DUNKS OFF THE RIM DUNKS to go alone with 9 block shots and 11 boards teammate Roy McFadgon 5 MONSTER JAMES WILLIE, ERIC, ADREW, Roy,100% FIELD GOALS MADE 18-18

Well football's over and now im back on coacht talking up my boys...anyways you know who im pickin for this region Union City...from what the guys told me we didnt play very well first game you know turnovers and mental mistakes, but we still beat Jackson Southside by 15...should be a good game friday against Mitchell...but im lookin forward to the first region game next tuesday against Humbouldt...this should be a great one and there is always a good atmosphere

Manassas destroyed city university by 59pts i told you so and Reggie Buckner had 122 pts in 5 minutes of play 10 of the 12 were All MONSTER JAMS I MEAN WINDMILLS ALLY HOOPS REVERSE DUNKS OFF THE RIM DUNKS to go alone with 9 block shots and 11 boards teammate Roy McFadgon 5 MONSTER JAMES WILLIE, ERIC, ADREW, Roy,100% FIELD GOALS MADE 18-18

Never heard of City University....Who are they??...Seriously

I saw the team that put Westside(You have mentioned Manassas has some of their players this year) out last year in the state tourney and they were small and not very good....

G.C. This is your post from another site...............................................I'm thinking that Lake Co. will finish at the #4 spot in 14A this season...Channen Geanes was getting fouls called on him last night but I saw SEVERAL times where the boy from Dyersburg had his jersey just following along...If you noticed when the ref stopped play and talked to Channen and the Dyersburg kid it was due to the fact that the kid was hanging all over Channen and Channen gave him a push to let him know to backoff...Dyersburg wasn't that good at all but they were without Victor McLin and Logan Parker...Like I said in the other post on the other thread I think #2 in the district comes down to Dyersburg and GC...When and if you get a chance to see GC this year let me know what you think of them...Our shooting guards can flat out shoot!!!!

GC..You said Lake Co beat Gibson Co in their scrimmage but have yall or Dyersburg finishing 2nd..with McLin and Taylor and Parker etc.in the lineup..So..I.m assumming Gibson Co would finish 5th in our Single A district..Lake Co was also with starting guard Carlos Young out in the jamboree..that should give them more speed and hopefully help Channen and Russel..And if you stayed for the whole game..Roberson hit about 4 three's..But ,I admit...We have work to do..but I believe our height will give some teams trouble

This post has been edited by mrbigster: Today, 07:16 PM

Who are they playing 2nite?

Chipper..You asked G.C. this in a post on the Liberty site...I'm pasting it on this site with the answer

GC Pioneer,what did you think about Lake Co and Dyersburg last nite?

Chipper ..Do you think Lake Co is going to show anything in the jamboree...Knowing other teams are in the stands not playing and scouting...lol

G.C. This is your post from another site...............................................I'm thinking that Lake Co. will finish at the #4 spot in 14A this season...Channen Geanes was getting fouls called on him last night but I saw SEVERAL times where the boy from Dyersburg had his jersey just following along...If you noticed when the ref stopped play and talked to Channen and the Dyersburg kid it was due to the fact that the kid was hanging all over Channen and Channen gave him a push to let him know to backoff...Dyersburg wasn't that good at all but they were without Victor McLin and Logan Parker...Like I said in the other post on the other thread I think #2 in the district comes down to Dyersburg and GC...When and if you get a chance to see GC this year let me know what you think of them...Our shooting guards can flat out shoot!!!!

GC..You said Lake Co beat Gibson Co in their scrimmage but have yall or Dyersburg finishing 2nd..with McLin and Taylor and Parker etc.in the lineup..So..I.m assumming Gibson Co would finish 5th in our Single A district..Lake Co was also with starting guard Carlos Young out in the jamboree..that should give them more speed and hopefully help Channen and Russel..And if you stayed for the whole game..Roberson hit about 4 three's..But ,I admit...We have work to do..but I believe our height will give some teams trouble

This post has been edited by mrbigster: Today, 07:16 PM

I think Gibson Co. would contend with Lake for the 4th playoff spot and/or Trenton for the 3rd spot...Last year Gibson Co. played against a team from this region in the christmas tournaments whom went on to state...Gibson Co. beat them by 20 points and that team happened to be Humboldt...Gibson Co. will most likely drop down to 1A whenever Medina gets their high school and that will not effect basketball at all for Gibson Co. as most of the better players come from Dyer and Rutherford...no knock on Medina but it's the truth...You really can't compare who beats who and how bad etc. because teams match up different with other teams...Also this may sound crazy but Dist. 14A is a better district competition wise than in 13AA...Union City would probably win 13AA if they were here, DC would be second, Humboldt third etc...

Never heard of City University....Who are they??...Seriously

I saw the team that put Westside(You have mentioned Manassas has some of their players this year) out last year in the state tourney and they were small and not very good....

ok put those guys who you think are not so good with 6'8 Reggie Buckner 6'7 Roy McFadgon 6'5 Sean Kearney 6'4 Anthony Dorsey + Willie Payne the best pure pg in the state who also has lead a team (Memphis Central) to the state and what do you have size,speed,shooters,post,leaders, & DOMANATION!

I think Gibson Co. would contend with Lake for the 4th playoff spot and/or Trenton for the 3rd spot...Last year Gibson Co. played against a team from this region in the christmas tournaments whom went on to state...Gibson Co. beat them by 20 points and that team happened to be Humboldt...Gibson Co. will most likely drop down to 1A whenever Medina gets their high school and that will not effect basketball at all for Gibson Co. as most of the better players come from Dyer and Rutherford...no knock on Medina but it's the truth...You really can't compare who beats who and how bad etc. because teams match up different with other teams...Also this may sound crazy but Dist. 14A is a better district competition wise than in 13AA...Union City would probably win 13AA if they were here, DC would be second, Humboldt third etc...

Before going down to single A U.C and Humbodlt where in 13AA. U.C won it (state) in 92 or 93 and then again in 97. Humboldt never competed like they should in 13 AA. I played at DC and I can't remember losing to them in 4 years. U.C was tough we beat them at their place in 96 and lost at our place by 3 in 97. When Mr. Marty was the coach he played a more disiplined style they were athletic and quick still, a bit larger but played on the half.

U.C will usually get the best of L.C because when Whitby was @ Obion old Sisco was at U.C. Now old Sisco is an assistant and Whitby @ LC they know each other from great 13AA battles. I think 93 was the year O.C and U.C had to play @ UTM because the game was so packed and U.C put on a clinic. What some games those were fun to watch.

Before going down to single A U.C and Humbodlt where in 13AA. U.C won it (state) in 92 or 93 and then again in 97. Humboldt never competed like they should in 13 AA. I played at DC and I can't remember losing to them in 4 years. U.C was tough we beat them at their place in 96 and lost at our place by 3 in 97. When Mr. Marty was the coach he played a more disiplined style they were athletic and quick still, a bit larger but played on the half.

U.C will usually get the best of L.C because when Whitby was @ Obion old Sisco was at U.C. Now old Sisco is an assistant and Whitby @ LC they know each other from great 13AA battles. I think 93 was the year O.C and U.C had to play @ UTM because the game was so packed and U.C put on a clinic. What some games those were fun to watch.

Yup, I remember when UC was in 13AA...Even when Union City was in 13AA they were still a dominant team...I'm curious how much gold does Union City have between the football and basketball teams??