Who Should Host...Who Has A field?

Canesoverhere

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several posts related to the quality of high school soccer fields, schools that desire to host a post-season event, and particular issues related to certain undesirable fields. Perhaps it would an interesting to hear how people not only rate their field, but others. Would be interesting to hear back from players as well as parents on this....

Rate your Soccer Field & Complex

____ Size 50 x 100 = 1 pt 75 x 115 = 3 pts 100 x 130 = 5 pts

I am not sure that I would agree with a 100 x 130 size field being 5 points. I am all for playing on big fields. It helps my team. And beyond high school I think the bigger the field the better (I loved playing on as big a field as possible in college). But I do think that in high school soccer there is such a thing as a field that is too big. Just my opinion.

Water Pooch-

Why make it personal when it was a legitimate comment?

The St Agnes field is not a very good facility- the field is too short, the track is on the field, and the best home field advantage of all-

playing with one ball so you can knock it out of bounds into the surrounding neighborhood and have the time waste away.

Happy Bounces to All- (even the private schools)!

This is a petty discussion. Not everyone has the resources to build an 80x120 field with lights and a press box. So why are you wasting time bashing another facility? The players play where they can and the good ones deal with whatever obstacles they're dealt. Just as in the pros, you go to another city/country and everything's in disarray, do they whine about it? You play the game and the funny thing is the players don't care as long they get to play.

Sorry, I never consider that.

_____ Anthem Intro Live Country = subtract 2 pts

Any Recording = 0

A cappella by any attending student = 3 pts

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is a petty discussion. Not everyone has the resources to build an 80x120 field with lights and a press box. So why are you wasting time bashing another facility? The players play where they can and the good ones deal with whatever obstacles they're dealt. Just as in the pros, you go to another city/country and everything's in disarray, do they whine about it? You play the game and the funny thing is the players don't care as long they get to play.

Hey, chill-out. We're not dividing up the world here!

The thought of this was to help in defining fields that would be good locations for post season play with some consideration up front. If some one wished to derail this topic, tine. THe intent was to be productive and not derail another thread that surfaced this topic.

Your input is appreciated.

letting a teenage girl play songs from her ipod negative 5 points

coaches complaining about warm-up music from the girls ipod and having the power to stop it and not stopping it negative 10 points

plus the schools A.D. finally stopping the warm-up music PRICELESS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and having your A.D. stay past kickoff 20 points