Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

that is incorrect

bubba 71 that looked like what happened but I watched the css video and #2 hit him out of bounds but----- he was a defender on the field it only looked like that because #2 went around a player on the sideline to make the hit. #2 was in the game on defense.

there is no question that was a missed call just like the inadvertent whistle was a missed call also.

sonny bounced up and I believe completed his next 6 throws

the odd thing? I have never seen a game without a holding call on either team

thanks cat, i stand corrected. but you are saying it was a pretty late hit?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a dirty move in this game also. Every person at this game watched sonny scramble around, run towards riverdales sideline and jog out of bounds. One of riverdale's players, who was not even in the game at the time, steps up and hits sonny andlays him out. no flag from the official. No attempt by the kid to get out of the way on the sideline, so you all are right, those officals missed a couple of calls.

When I said it was the worst officiating I have ever seen, I did not mean it as one sided toward Riverdale. Being a Riverdale fan I viewd most of the bad calls as against us but I did see that missed call. Also Riverdale was offsides on a couple of kickoffs. One play #3 for Smyrna was trying to block an Ebel blitz and tackled him right in front of the ref and was not called. It was bad all the way around.

Congratulations WARRIORS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off I have to give credit to Smyrna as they did NOT fold like they have done in the past. I also have to agree with Pat Spurduto that Smyrna's special teams not only kept them in the game, they almost pulled it out for them. Way to go Coach Wyatt! You have done a great job with them.

Now I have to say, come on Smyrna and expand the VISITORS side! Even WC has expanded theirs to accomadate enough fans. As it is now there is barely room for the band and the band parents!

This game was a perfect example why 'instant replay' may someday come to HS football! Verge you made a GREAT play and it WAS an interception for a touchdown! It was good that I was watching it on TV as the cussing I did afterwards would NOT have been approprite in a family atmosphere! As it was though you did NOT let it affect your play and you just went on and played your heart out! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

R'dale TEAM, you played great and did NOT let the calls disturb you. You just went out and played a complete team game and even when you got down you showed a WARRIOR heart and fought back for a TEAM victory. Wife is still wondering why I was standing up and not sitting in the recliner for the entire fourth quarter!

Now lets get ready for LaVergne!

that is incorrect

bubba 71 that looked like what happened but I watched the css video and #2 hit him out of bounds but----- he was a defender on the field it only looked like that because #2 went around a player on the sideline to make the hit. #2 was in the game on defense.

there is no question that was a missed call just like the inadvertent whistle was a missed call also.

sonny bounced up and I believe completed his next 6 throws

the odd thing? I have never seen a game without a holding call on either team

Kinda a funny how both defenses are going to get a second helping of what they got last night. Riverdale against pass-happy Lavergne, and Smyrna against WC's wing-T. It will be a little different as Lavergne runs a little more than Smyrna, and WC passes a little more than Riverdale. Both should be really interesting games.

Congratulations WARRIORS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off I have to give credit to Smyrna as they did NOT fold like they have done in the past. I also have to agree with Pat Spurduto that Smyrna's special teams not only kept them in the game, they almost pulled it out for them. Way to go Coach Wyatt! You have done a great job with them.

Now I have to say, come on Smyrna and expand the VISITORS side! Even WC has expanded theirs to accomadate enough fans. As it is now there is barely room for the band and the band parents!

This game was a perfect example why 'instant replay' may someday come to HS football! Verge you made a GREAT play and it WAS an interception for a touchdown! It was good that I was watching it on TV as the cussing I did afterwards would NOT have been approprite in a family atmosphere! As it was though you did NOT let it affect your play and you just went on and played your heart out! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

R'dale TEAM, you played great and did NOT let the calls disturb you. You just went out and played a complete team game and even when you got down you showed a WARRIOR heart and fought back for a TEAM victory. Wife is still wondering why I was standing up and not sitting in the recliner for the entire fourth quarter!

Now lets get ready for LaVergne!

even with replay that call would not have been changed. an inadvertent whistle stops the play end of story no review just an "my bad from the official )and move on.

when luke powell played and we ran the veer it happened a lot, he would ride the fb and then pull it at the last moment and keep it. I have seen him 2o yards down field while the ref is blowing the fb down in the pile.

I can sympathize though it always ticked me off.

GREAT JOB WARRIORS!!! Would guess you are getting used to the bad calls from the refs so maybe that is why that did not affect you so bad... however I am very proud of how the TEAM stood together & pulled this one out!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You pulled ahead quick and then they pulled ahead ... alot of teams would have given up .. and when the plays & the calls were not going our way you could have given up.... but OH NO!! HECK NO!! For those of you that watched it on TV don't guess you got to see the players pulling each other back into the game along with pulling the crowd back into the game... it was intense... and it was RIVERDALE football at its best.. Great coaching to keep these players focused that had to be hard to do during the crazyness... BUT THE PLAYERS PULLED THIS ONE OUT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Stay focused... GREAT WIN & Congratulations

I have a question. In THIS ARTICLE it states "Riverdale's undefeated season and 83-game district/region winning streak is still alive."

How can that be? If I'm not mistaken, didn't Smyrna beat Riverdale in the playoffs last year? Isn't that a district/region game? Is this only counting regular season games? Or does this use the same math as Alabama fans that say they have 97 National titles? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have a question. In THIS ARTICLE it states "Riverdale's undefeated season and 83-game district/region winning streak is still alive."

How can that be? If I'm not mistaken, didn't Smyrna beat Riverdale in the playoffs last year? Isn't that a district/region game? Is this only counting regular season games? Or does this use the same math as Alabama fans that say they have 97 National titles? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the 83 game streak is what they consider district / region games...

during playoffs those games are just that playoff games not considered district / region games

those stats are different (no its not the same as Alabama fans) it is the way TN keeps up with wins / loss records /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

even with replay that call would not have been changed. an inadvertent whistle stops the play end of story no review just an "my bad from the official )and move on.

when luke powell played and we ran the veer it happened a lot, he would ride the fb and then pull it at the last moment and keep it. I have seen him 2o yards down field while the ref is blowing the fb down in the pile.

I can sympathize though it always ticked me off.

according to the rule book scince he blew the wistle before riverdale had it we should have still had the ball

That was a great game last night....congrates to riverdale for the win

smyrna..great job...we may not have won but we did several things no other team has done this season.

we took the lead and almost won...we held them to their closest win of the season...and we're the first team in years to score 25 points in one quarter on them

so great game to both teams...and i cant wait till the playoffs....cause now riverdale knows it wasnt luck that we really can take it too them

go smyrna