Temple 53 South Pittsburg 20

TempleTrue

. . .

Temple should know. Just look at their basketball program for the past upteen years. You don't hear us whining when Temple scores 100 and we only score 50. There is nothing you can do except tell your kid's to lay down and that ain't gonna happen.

They didn't do that to Sam Brook's coached BB team. I could count the schools that could put up a 100 on one of his teams and the Pirates could do the same. Dunlap used to call the Pirate BB team "Run and Gun Have Fun SP." The Pirates BB woes are mental. Just like football, the same pool is there for BB.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot speak for the rest of the Temple fans but I for one say "run up the score!" Temple stands no chance of making it to the playoffs and South Pittsburg is looking good for a state title. Whatever we can do to help a brother region three team bring it home to our region, we need to do! Who cares about the score? The Pirates need to get ready for the playoffs and we need to do our part. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I cannot speak for the rest of the Temple fans but I for one say "run up the score!" Temple stands no chance of making it to the playoffs and South Pittsburg is looking good for a state title. Whatever we can do to help a brother region three team bring it home to our region, we need to do! Who cares about the score? The Pirates need to get ready for the playoffs and we need to do our part. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm not as masochistic as Green Acres, but I say play your best, do it with class, and don't worry what the score ends up being. People who whine about getting the score run up on them are sore losers. Just shut up and get better, if you ask me.

But wouldn't it be funny if, after all this talk about running up the score, SPitt had a tough time scoring Friday night?

Okay, I'm back from LaLa land now. I just hope Temple puts up a respectable fight and comes out of there with their heads held high. And that SPitt knows they've been in a game.

It would be fun especially if we could get it at the 50 yard line in the middle of the field. Even if in the North endzone it would be fine. Arrange it LL and I will cya there. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I can't arrange anything like that Pirate Mike. I thought maybe you could arrange it. I will not be there to see your exhibition wrestling match with dadoffour or 2seamfastball. I am going up to "The Creekbank" to watch a real game. I just love high school football regardless of who is playing.

Oh yeah, dadoffour, it won't be a game. Save your time and money. Stay home and don't go. It will be bad. Goodluck to the young lads from Temple. You are going to need it.

I don't know the case in the FCS game but running your offense the way it is meant to be run is not necessarily showing up the other team. It is their job to stop you...not the other way around. Running an offense so that you don't score sure won't make a team better, it actually can develop bad habits. I am pretty sure SP's offense will not be confined to just simple running plays, at least at first. Expect some passing and different formations. When the Temple folks see this I hope they understand it is not to humiliate them but to get our team ready for the playoffs which start in 2 short weeks. The region 4 teams won't have any mercy on SP...that I can promise. During practice the the starters don't take it easy on the back-ups...it's wide open and sure won't change in a game. There is at lot at stake for SP so expect to see an all out assault for at least most of the first half. The JV will probably throw a little but their play book is a whole lot smaller.

Had to spend all evening at a meeting. Missed out on all the fun. I agree with you. This is a chance for SP to run what amounts to a full speed practice, just not against themselves. I would never expect a classy team to "lay down" or not run their plays in the proper fashion. I would think that your coaches would use this game to "tune up" the offense and get playing time for young players and rest for some guys that may be banged up. I would not expect SP not to run their game, just to call off the dogs later on.

I'm not as masochistic as Green Acres, but I say play your best, do it with class, and don't worry what the score ends up being. People who whine about getting the score run up on them are sore losers. Just shut up and get better, if you ask me.

But wouldn't it be funny if, after all this talk about running up the score, SPitt had a tough time scoring Friday night?

Okay, I'm back from LaLa land now. I just hope Temple puts up a respectable fight and comes out of there with their heads held high. And that SPitt knows they've been in a game.

I'm not sure how "funny" that would be from our viewpoint and I guess it is always a possibility when you are dealing with teenagers. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I would be real worried about the playoffs if that happens but since we had a decent week of practice I expect the Pirates to keep their focus.

I hope all the kids on both sides get through without injuries and enjoy the game

I can't arrange anything like that Pirate Mike. I thought maybe you could arrange it. I will not be there to see your exhibition wrestling match with dadoffour or 2seamfastball. I am going up to "The Creekbank" to watch a real game. I just love high school football regardless of who is playing.

Oh yeah, dadoffour, it won't be a game. Save your time and money. Stay home and don't go. It will be bad. Goodluck to the young lads from Temple. You are going to need it.

It's funny you say that because I do know the person who runs the mini WWE league. Just playing anyways about wrestling, it is football season not wrestling /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That "Creekbank" game should be the best one, wish I was going to it instead. I usually won't make predictions of other games on other threads but

TC-21

FCS- 20

final score

South Pittsburg 69

Temple 6

even with the mercy rule they scored 69 points. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

even with the mercy rule they scored 69 points. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

very good SPORTSMANSHIP, you really proved something to the BASKETBALL TEAM!!! i m glad you all won but come on thats ridiculous. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />