9AA Picks

MIDTN

Yes you were. Ezell blew Hume Fogg off the court. The score at the half was something like 45-14. Hume fogg hit some threes in the third period to cut it to 25+, but this was never a game. Big district match-up with FRA for Ezell this friday. Hume Fogg is still in second, with Lipscomb third, (Hume Fogg beat Lipscomb, both are 5-2). I think that Pearl Cohn and Fra still can jump up there. I think it may be a little to soon to give thisbe district to Ezell, but the music has started. With Quality wins over ranked teams...FRA has beaten Cheatham County and Station Camp, Lipscomb has beaten Station Camp by 19...this District is still tough and its anybody's guess where its gonna wind up.

Attended the Pearl Cohn and East Lit game tonight..What a good one. The smallest girl on the court hit a shot at the buzzer to win it by one. Pearl 46, East Lit 45

Prediction.

Ezell 68, FRA 40

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attended the Pearl Cohn and East Lit game tonight..What a good one. The smallest girl on the court hit a shot at the buzzer to win it by one. Pearl 46, East Lit 45

Prediction.

Ezell 68, FRA 40

If pearl cohn can just believe in themselves, this is the second toughest team in 9aa, I also have seen them play and I was suprised that they have not been winning more. They have 3 better than average players and they should be causing problems for the other teams in the district. I think it must just be confidence. They have a big win over FRA last week and I hope you girls can keep it going. I will pick you for the Sleeper in the District tournament.

If you look at ppg offense and ppg defense, I think you hit it on the head with the score. I must say that FRA has always played Ezell tough and they did just that at their place earlier this year. I think "on the ball" picked this as one of their "big" games for this season. They went on to say that even though Ezell harding has been down over the past few years, this is still a big game. During the past 7 years Ezell has owned FRA and unless there is a major let down this friday ezell will take this one. What does this say about a district that the #2 and#4 ranked teams have wins over State Ranked Station Camp and Cheatham county, Their 1st place team has a one point loss to Undefeated AAA and statewide #3 ranked Hillsboro 2 weeks ago and no team in this district gets any respect. In the 2 years since joining AA Ezell Harding and FRA (2006) Marshall and Lipscomb (2007) have made it to the final four. This makes this a tough Region to play in. I would bet that 2 of the final four AA State Championship teams this season will also come from this Region.

I look in to the Majic 8 ball

Marshall and 2 easy

If pearl cohn can just believe in themselves, this is the second toughest team in 9aa, I also have seen them play and I was suprised that they have not been winning more. They have 3 better than average players and they should be causing problems for the other teams in the district. I think it must just be confidence. They have a big win over FRA last week and I hope you girls can keep it going. I will pick you for the Sleeper in the District tournament.

If you look at ppg offense and ppg defense, I think you hit it on the head with the score. I must say that FRA has always played Ezell tough and they did just that at their place earlier this year. I think "on the ball" picked this as one of their "big" games for this season. They went on to say that even though Ezell harding has been down over the past few years, this is still a big game. During the past 7 years Ezell has owned FRA and unless there is a major let down this friday ezell will take this one. What does this say about a district that the #2 and#4 ranked teams have wins over State Ranked Station Camp and Cheatham county, Their 1st place team has a one point loss to Undefeated AAA and statewide #3 ranked Hillsboro 2 weeks ago and no team in this district gets any respect. In the 2 years since joining AA Ezell Harding and FRA (2006) Marshall and Lipscomb (2007) have made it to the final four. This makes this a tough Region to play in. I would bet that 2 of the final four AA State Championship teams this season will also come from this Region.

I look in to the Majic 8 ball

Marshall and 2 easy

2 Easy /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Standings as of January 19, 2008

Scores in 9aa last night

Hume Fogg 56, Martin Luther King 29

Pearl-Cohn 44, CPA 41

David Libscomb 55, East Lit 43

Ezell Harding 54, FRA 36

Ezell Harding 16-3(8-0) next game at East Lit

Hume Fogg 11-8(6-2) next game vs Pearl Cohn

David Libscomb 15-4(6-2) next game at FRA

Pearl-Cohn 9-4(5-3) next game at Hume Fogg

FRA 12-8(4-4) next game vs David Libscomb

CPA 8-9(2-6) next game at Martin Luther King

East Lit 5-11(1-7) next game vs Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 2-14(0-8) next game at CPA

Tuesday Night Game Watch Pearl Cohn at Hume Fogg

Standings as of January 19, 2008

Scores in 9aa last night

Hume Fogg 56, Martin Luther King 29

Pearl-Cohn 44, CPA 41

David Libscomb 55, East Lit 43

Ezell Harding 54, FRA 36

Ezell Harding 16-3(8-0) next game at East Lit

Hume Fogg 11-8(6-2) next game vs Pearl Cohn

David Libscomb 15-4(6-2) next game at FRA

Pearl-Cohn 9-4(5-3) next game at Hume Fogg

FRA 12-8(4-4) next game vs David Libscomb

CPA 8-9(2-6) next game at Martin Luther King

East Lit 5-11(1-7) next game vs Ezell Harding

Martin Luther King 2-14(0-8) next game at CPA

Tuesday Night Game Watch Pearl Cohn at Hume Fogg

if the games are not ppd snow:

Pearl cohn by 2 over Hume Fogg upset

David Lipscomb by 9 over FRA

East over Ezell.......Then I woke up.....Ezell by 25 over east

Cpa by 1 over MLK

Pearl cohn gaines confidence over last weeks wins and will knock off HF tomorrow.

Everything else is a given

January 22, 2008 Scores and Standings

Hume Fogg 56, Pearl-Cohn 33

David Libscomb 33, FRA 30

CPA 56, Martin Luther King 46

East Lit 58, Ezell Harding 51

Standings

Ezell Harding 18-4(8-1) next game vs Pearl-Cohn

Hume Fogg 12-8(7-2) next game vs East Lit

David Libscomb 16-4(7-2) next game at Martin Luther King

Pearl-Cohn 9-5(5-4) next game at Ezell Harding

FRA 12-9(4-5) next game at CPA

CPA 9-9(3-6)next game vs FRA

East Lit 6-11(2-7) next game at Hume Fogg

Martin Luther King 2-18(0-8) next game vs David Libscomb

Friday Night Game Watch PEARL-COHN AT EZELL HARDING

if the games are not ppd snow:

Cpa by 1 over MLK

Pearl cohn gaines confidence over last weeks wins and will knock off HF tomorrow.

You should not have woke up shpshter93.. East Lit over Ezell by 7.

You should not have woke up shpshter93.. East Lit over Ezell by 7.

lol..I went to this game. East lit played a very physical game. Ezell could not hit a shot and it seemed that eventually ezell would get this win. You have to give credit to East lit, they hung around. This is a great win for their program.

Hope Mcalister is okay for Ezell.

If you read this post before I edited it. I apologize for the earlier post. I just dont think I have been as disgusted with a "basketball game" in my life. This was a brutal game and was totally out of control. The Tssaa should look into why the best basketball players in the district are being injured while playing at east.

lol..I went to this game. East lit played a very physical game. Ezell could not hit a shot and it seemed that eventually ezell would get this win. You have to give credit to East lit, they hung around. This is a great win for their program.

now on the flip side. East has been very good at home. home. home. It is hard to forget what happened to Canaday the best player at FRA when she played at East. It was the end of her season, injured. I remember the posts from FRA after this game. I think Ezell new it would be a tough game when on the first series the ezell post was blasted to the ground on an uncalled crosscheck. The point guards at East walk everytime they catch a pass, this is not called at home. home. home. I was not suprised that McCalistar was also taken out in this game. About 4 min left in the third an east player tied up the ball with mccalistar, the east player behind her threw her to the floor. I know ...look at the tape. The concussion Mcalistar suffered kept her out of the third and half the fourth period. Ezell actually had the lead when she reentered and although she did score a few late, she was feeling the effects. She fouled out with 2 min left and proceeded to be sick, last heard they were headed to the hospital. Telling it was that late in the game, even after the delay while mccalistar was on the floor, as 21 went to the basket for Ezell a player from East went for the block with a full swipe and crashed 21 hard to the ground, this was called but it was sad to see the coaches from East high fiving all of the players and each other. Tasteless

If you are the best player on your team, I dont think you want to play at east when they are at HOME. Home. Home.

It might be your last game.

Of course with all this physical play and being at home it was East that was in the double bonus.

So I guess what I am trying to say is: East should try to get the district tournament moved to their gym. Because nowhere else in the world can you get away with the garbage game that they play and thats why they only play close at home. When you have to play them, watch out for the blind side moving picks, You will get injured. You can also just play them a zone, they cant shoot. But they can shoot free throws.

I have seen a lot of basketball this season, all over this state, but I dont think I have seen as dirty a game as I saw tonight. It makes me believe what the people at FRA were saying earlier this season about east at home.

Wish I could just say it was a great game. But muggings don't usually turn out this bad.

I also thought it interesting that the bald official was in the stands with the east crowd before the game with a black jacket on. He was also in the lobby talking about the game, with some east parents during half-time again with a black jacket over his ref. shirt. It just looked bad, this is the first time in about 400 games that I have seen this.

So yes East beat Ezell. But it was not a basketball game.

How about "great game east" How about not crying over good solid tough basketball. Give an underdog a chance...these girls deserve respect! This is the 2nd game East won at home. (check the schedule mr. basketball- the other win was against MLK) What should be acknowledged is the fact that Ezell returned their leading player to the game after being advised not to. (Not to mention the play was a jump ball.) I was sitting right behind the ezell bench and heard the trainer... If a coach is more concerned with winning than a players health, they no longer understand the reason behind coaching and mentoring young women.

Did you play basketball ever in your life ????

btw...east hasn't even played FRA at home yet?!?!? Your sources are inaccurate

How about "great game east" How about not crying over good solid tough basketball. Give an underdog a chance...these girls deserve respect! This is the 2nd game East won at home. (check the schedule mr. basketball- the other win was against MLK) What should be acknowledged is the fact that Ezell returned their leading player to the game after being advised not to. (Not to mention the play was a jump ball.) I was sitting right behind the ezell bench and heard the trainer... If a coach is more concerned with winning than a players health, they no longer understand the reason behind coaching and mentoring young women.

Did you play basketball ever in your life ????

btw...east hasn't even played FRA at home yet?!?!? Your sources are inaccurate

So you got Canaday at home. sorry...

If you get to know me better you can just call be Basketball. But for now Mr. Basketball will be fine....lol

I said "great win"?...It was a jump ball because thats what the ref called, it was the girl behind her that pulled her to the floor. Of course these are the same officials that missed 15+ walks, and after calling a double foul, awarding the ball to east on the alternating possesion, then gave east the ball to start the next period.

I am not crying over a game, I dont have a kid at the game. I went to see a basketball game and a mugging broke out. I was more than aware that the trainer from Vanderbilt, stated that the player was not ready to go in. I saw the player fail the test. It was up to her and her parents.

So I will say good game and good luck to anyone who has to go in that gym.

Shpshter93 said:

Cpa by 1 over MLK

Hume-Fogg won over Pearl Cohn last night 56 to 33. I hope the Lady Knights start getting some respect because they keep proving everyone wrong!