9AA Picks

MIDTN

State Tournament Championship Night Tickets .................... $ 10

State Tournament Wilson Basketball .................................. $ 40

Lipscomb getting bounced in the

first round of the district tournament ................................. Priceless

(Especially Priceless for you shpshter93 !!!)

Last year after McNairy and Liberty lost in the sectionals shpshter93 had some

ugly comments about these two teams having an extended spring break.

Finally someone saying what should have been said to a bunch of pseudointellectual posters (especially to the poster that calls himself shpshter93),that trashed 3 WEST TN. teams that had worked hard,had top 10 academic students on their teams and had homecoming royalty too.

Maybe you fans that think shpshter93 can post what he wants and is right, need to realize it's a 2 way street...Where were all of you last year when he made his uncalled for comments ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for remembering me..only one year dont hold a grudge. lol I think it would be unfair for me to lie to people about their teams. If I was ugly by telling you that McNairy and Liberty would not advance, this was not being ugly...this was being right! You folks should stop lying to yourself. I can guarentee you that lipscomb fans do not claim me. This could be the funniest post all year. The person you heard announcing the upset the loudest was me. But last year when you guys were trashing upperman, austin east, Marshall and Lipscomb, I simply told you that these teams would send your arrogant teams home. Thats what they did. Get over it. If you want people to tell you how great you are go play at the Y. Hows McNairy and Liberty doing this season? NEXT

[/quo

Most of the arrogance came from you shpshter93 and some people like you.You are still trying to trash McNairy and Liberty.No one on the teams were arrogant.Maybe fans like you are arrogant.The players and the coaches of these West Tn. teams were proud but very humble.North Side expected the most.McNairy had their own expectations and Liberty was happy to be where everyone said they couldn't get to...I don't remember any team members making posts last year,but I do remember a bunch of "fans" (which is short for fanatic making posts)...In about another week someone will tell you how well McNairy and Liberty are doing in post season play...Just a hint; they are still playing.

Guest bballmom10

Finally someone saying what should have been said to a bunch of pseudointellectual posters (especially to the poster that calls himself shpshter93),that trashed 3 WEST TN. teams that had worked hard,had top 10 academic students on their teams and had homecoming royalty too.

Maybe you fans that think shpshter93 can post what he wants and is right, need to realize it's a 2 way street...Where were all of you last year when he made his uncalled for comments ?

If I had seen them I would have been inclined to respond. My points about Lipscomb come because that is the school that I know. I also stated that I know the hard working young ladies are all over. I have no idea who any of you are and feel very sad that any player might come on here and have to read what people are saying about her school or friends. As adults we know to take things with a grain of salt, but we read all the time about young people who succomb to the pressures around them. I think it's terrible to slam any young players who's only fault is that they are working hard and trying their best. On any given night, your best may not be good enough but it's not right for someone to hide behind a screen name and say things you wouldn't have the guts to say to their face. Again, stick to the things that are interesting....strategy, game situations etc. I have complained about refs and coaches just like anyone else, but hey they are adults and get paid for it so they have to be able to defend their positions. The players don't get anything but a lot of sore muscles and late nights. The lucky ones get memories and friendships that last forever. They all learn life lessons good and bad. The super lucky ones get a ring. I know one thing and that is the girls that work their tails off in the gym tend to work their tails off in the rest of their lives as well and I for one will continue to defend them.

Thanks for remembering me..only one year dont hold a grudge. lol I think it would be unfair for me to lie to people about their teams. If I was ugly by telling you that McNairy and Liberty would not advance, this was not being ugly...this was being right! You folks should stop lying to yourself. I can guarentee you that lipscomb fans do not claim me. This could be the funniest post all year. The person you heard announcing the upset the loudest was me. But last year when you guys were trashing upperman, austin east, Marshall and Lipscomb, I simply told you that these teams would send your arrogant teams home. Thats what they did. Get over it. If you want people to tell you how great you are go play at the Y. Hows McNairy and Liberty doing this season? NEXT

Read my post ,I believe on page 14.You need to get off the West Tn. teams backs they are all still playing.

Thank you,

SportsGhost

It's very easy to slam schools and players when you are posting on a site and 99% of the readers have no idea who you are. Remember that on everyone of these teams are girls who have worked hours and hours and given up a lot for their team. East Lit deserved their win over Lipscomb, they played better on Tuesday night. Quite frankly, Lipscomb was outcoached. But...there's nothing "priceless" about them being knocked out of the tournament. Honestly, basketball is nothing in the great scheme of life so your comment shouldn't matter. Unfortunately, I know the 3 seniors on the team and I am hurt for them. They are 3 fine PEOPLE. The fact that Ross is an excellent ball player is secondary to what kind of human she is. These girls have given up many weekends with friends, trips out of town over Christmas and during summer break. They are no different from any other player in any other country that way. Remember though, these 3 girls will be writing your prescriptions for anti depressants and representing your soon to be ex spouse one day in court. They also wouldn't rip off a credit card commercial in an attempt to insult kids. It's a lot of fun to analyze games and see other people's perspectives on coaches and styles so let's stick to that. It's a game and there are winners and losers in the game. The next day they move on and in the case of the 3 Lipscomb seniors they wake up as graduates of distinction, top 10%of their class, homecoming queen, miss lipscomb....and on and on. I am just happy that the talent in the district has grown so much and the schools are all finding importance in women's sport. This has been a fun year in 9AA

Well said, and very true.

If I had seen them I would have been inclined to respond. My points about Lipscomb come because that is the school that I know. I also stated that I know the hard working young ladies are all over. I have no idea who any of you are and feel very sad that any player might come on here and have to read what people are saying about her school or friends. As adults we know to take things with a grain of salt, but we read all the time about young people who succomb to the pressures around them. I think it's terrible to slam any young players who's only fault is that they are working hard and trying their best. On any given night, your best may not be good enough but it's not right for someone to hide behind a screen name and say things you wouldn't have the guts to say to their face. Again, stick to the things that are interesting....strategy, game situations etc. I have complained about refs and coaches just like anyone else, but hey they are adults and get paid for it so they have to be able to defend their positions. The players don't get anything but a lot of sore muscles and late nights. The lucky ones get memories and friendships that last forever. They all learn life lessons good and bad. The super lucky ones get a ring. I know one thing and that is the girls that work their tails off in the gym tend to work their tails off in the rest of their lives as well and I for one will continue to defend them.

Most of your points were good,shpster wants to take shots again and I will defend the the teams from west tn,although they don't need it i.Just like Lipscomb's program speaks for itself.I know alot of fine people at Lipscomb and other Middle TN. schools,but I also know alot of fine people in West Tn.

You weren't happy about the posts,there were people down here not happy about the posts.

Maybe the posts should stay factual,but as long as people fire on people,people will fire back.The trouble with the world is too many posters likeshpshter93, stirs up trouble and then cries foul and starts more troble trying to blame some else.

Well If your life is about calling people who quote you the facts spineless and arrogant, you could not be me. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I have not said anything about the players at CPA. I have used the stats to prove my argument. I guess when you dont like the truth you resort to 5th grade name calling. If you want to teach "your" kids about reality you might start by telling them the truth. It is amazing that there is even an argument here, Take a deep breath and take a look at the facts. If i did the rankings then you could say I was being unfair or I was an imbecile, but the facts are within this web site. I have not made anything up about CPA. The Rankings on Coach T are acutal factual based upon your scores record and are not subject to interpitation. Everything I have quoted in my posts is your actual record. Sorry

I did not see any name calling, someone just stating the facts as you are so good about doing. It does not appear that you handle the truth very well either.

Guest bballmom10

Most of your points were good,shpster wants to take shots again and I will defend the the teams from west tn,although they don't need it i.Just like Lipscomb's program speaks for itself.I know alot of fine people at Lipscomb and other Middle TN. schools,but I also know alot of fine people in West Tn.

You weren't happy about the posts,there were people down here not happy about the posts.

Maybe the posts should stay factual,but as long as people fire on people,people will fire back.The trouble with the world is too many posters likeshpshter93, stirs up trouble and then cries foul and starts more troble trying to blame some else.

You are right, some just like to stir the pot and then sit back and watch. I think it's great to defend your teams from west tn. It doesn't hurt any kid to have people in their corner. I do the same for our kids. I won't speak for other schools simply because I don't know kids from other part of the state. No one wants to see their kid or kid's school slammed just because. No school is perfect. No team or coach or player is perfect. You could play Lipscomb one night and see a parent behave poorly and assume all are like that. Of course that's not true, just as the same could be said of your players or fans. Our girls and boys have played Liberty and McNairy in the past few years. People that travel so far to watch their kids play do it for love and all of our intentions are good. I just want us to always remember that we are ultimately talking about young people. They all look and act very tough on the court, but we know that they are tender hearted and trying to find their way and do their best. I will try to not let posters ruffle my feathers, but I cannot make any promises /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

P.S. while I am at it...the visitors sit across from the scorer's table in every gym in the country.

I am surprised that you know so much about 9AA that you do not know that not only CPA's home stands are across the court from the scorer's table but so is FRA and David Lipscomb and I am sure more in the country. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

shpshter93, McNairy,North Side and Liberty are still playing ! next

shpshter93, McNairy,North Side and Liberty are still playing ! next

Thanks for all the love......! lol

Let me say for the record I have never talked badly about any player ever on coach T.

The sportsghost dude from west tennessee. I made a post about a year ago. stating that the teams that you thought would win the State Tournament, McNairy and Liberty, had not played any competition outside their district, therefore it was a little early to talk about how your teams would dominate the state. I was correct. check the facts. I am sorry you took this as me being ugly. The comments I made this season regarding Obion County, Gibson County, Milan and westview, are similar, the have beaten only one team outside their district that is considered to be possibly tops in the state. (Marshall). They have a post saying their district tournament is the states mini final four. As of last night either Gibson County or Obion County will not make it to the state tournament because they will have to play each other in the second round of the region. I still believe milan and Gibson/Obion will be two of the toughest teams to beat come region and state.

I think that giving other teams through out the state some respect would be something you might teach the parents who come on here and blab. Then maybe they would understand that everyone comes to play in the state. Every time you blab off about west tennessee you are disrespecting teams from middle tennessee and east tennessee. So just like last year you did not believe the facts or the stats and you spouted and you went home. I think if you check my posts I have been factual, the only time I have taken shots at you or anyone else is when you were wrong and it was proven. Good luck in the District....Enjoy the spring break!

Luv ya Sharpshooter :0)

SEMIFINAL GAMES AT MARTIN LUTHER KING

After having some great first round games on tuesday at there. We should have some great games tonight at Martin Luther King gym at Pearl High.

NO. 1 EZELL HARDING VS. NO. 4 HUME FOGG

In the first semifinal matchup Ezell Harding looks to put away the Knights of hume fogg. Ezell Harding has sweep the Hume Fogg in the regular season matchup. The Lady Knights watch there boys lose last night at Pearl Cohn in a runaway. Said one of the girls on the team "we can not let the opponent get away from us in a runaway. We have to play hard". The Knights are led with three freshmans and should be solid in the future, but right now it Ezell time. The Knights will play tough but Ezell should pull away in the fourth

NO. 3 CPA VS. NO. 7 EAST LIT

In a matchup between the hottest team and the most suprising team. The game between both teams which are the only two teams that beat Ezell Harding in district play. For the Lions who have won eight straight and beat Pearl Cohn in overtime to advance to get to the semis. East Lit has beaten both Daivd Libscomb and Ezell Harding. The lady eagles know if they win tonight they will host a first round game in the regions. However the Lions look to change all that, They sweep East Lit in the regular season. This should make for an exicting game which starts at four.