can teams not participating in the playoffs go to a bowl game?

hsfootballfan777

hi.king's academy is having a good year at 4 and 4 currently with 2 games to go.the school never hardly sees football success.however if they go 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 they will be bowl eligible and would like to host a bowl.they opt currently not to play in the post season but i wondered if they still could have a bowl game 1 day before or after the first round playoff games.they'd love to have the first lions bowl here in seymour.it would mean so much to the kids!!thanks guys.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi.king's academy is having a good year at 4 and 4 currently with 2 games to go.the school never hardly sees football success.however if they go 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 they will be bowl eligible and would like to host a bowl.they opt currently not to play in the post season but i wondered if they still could have a bowl game 1 day before or after the first round playoff games.they'd love to have the first lions bowl here in seymour.it would mean so much to the kids!!thanks guys.

I know that any team that finishes the season 6-4 and does not play in the playoffs for whatever reason may play in or host a bowl game. I do not know however if a team that finishes 5-5 can play in a bowl game. Best of luck to your team in finishing strong and good luck finding a team to play agianst, since they open up the playoffs to the top 4 teams from each region it is rare for a team to win 6 games and miss the playoffs.

If Sycamore goes 6-4 and does not qualify for the playoffs this year then they should go and play in a Bowl Game. The same thing goes for Creek Wood as well.

Sycamore vs Creek Wood in a Bowl Game would make for a good battle. It's been a very good regular season game in the past and would be an entertaining battle on Thursday Night next week as well. I WOULD LOVE TO GO AND CALL THE GAME LIVE ON THE AIR!!!!!

David Brainerd (Chattanooga) will probably end up 5-5, which will be the most wins in school history. Looks like we have played some common opponents, and played basketball against each other last year. I'm sure they would entertain a bowl game up in Knoxville/Seymour. Why don't you have the AD contact our AD. It has been discussed around the school, especially since we have about 5 Seniors. Number is 423-296-0243. AD's name is Laura Cockrell, and football coach's name is Twambi Settles. Let's do it!

will eagleville get to atleast go to a bowl game?

Not even if they win the rest of their games, but there should be at least one team from regions 5 and 6 that have had good seasons, so maybe they can play! I think the first round will split so they could call it the "Sister Region Tie Breaker Bowl" or something lol.