Tullahoma Girls Basketball 2007-08

Skipper

How do you think they will do against Forrest Friday night?

without a post player the team will live and die by the jump shot

so if they start knocking down shots these girls can put 65-70 points

tomorrow night if the girls can defend and make shots than yeah it will be close

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to get to the games yet.... how are they doing? besides the won / loss record. So much debate last year about the program and not much this year. New Year ... New Coach ... New players (sophs) ...

Having a lot of trouble scoring. Played Grundy and Forrest tough and I was told were within three at Cannon County midway through third before getting blown out by 20. Lost their entire front line since the summer, one a transfer, one injured and another left team due to illness. With the loss of those girls, physically they look more like a middle school team than a high school team. They're very young with seven sophs and five of them playing a lot. Played really hard when I saw them.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you think they will do against Forrest Friday night?

As opitimistic as people are in Tullahoma just thinking the girls might win a district game this year or any in the next five years, do not expect it to happen. There is too much parent involvement with the program from elementary school to high school. You cant keep any coach because all anyone cares about is if their kid is playing not about winning. Beating single A school doesnt count for victories. When you are glad to beat weak single A teams the future is not very bright. Start setting the goals higher and work to achieve different results.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesnt help when the only reason the new coach got the job is because he is real good friends with the principal. He has a losing record. The talent is there even though they are young. Its just a matter of him getting the right ones in the game and the " parent coaches" staying out of it.

It doesnt help when the only reason the new coach got the job is because he is real good friends with the principal. He has a losing record.

thank you for saying that because i have known that for 9 months and if i would have said that 10 other posters would have shot it down has a lie

and there were coaches from around the state that wanted the job(wilson county and memphis area boys)that contacted me

plus in talking to those coaches after seals was hired they the administration(landis and not mathis)totally shot them down

Until people's buddies quit getting hired and people begin being hired based on their performance the programs will remain in the same shape they are in. I hate it for the girls because they play their hearts out every game even though the outcome usually isnt good. They havent given up. Keep up the hard work girls!

Until people's buddies quit getting hired and people begin being hired based on their performance the programs will remain in the same shape they are in. I hate it for the girls because they play their hearts out every game even though the outcome usually isnt good. They havent given up. Keep up the hard work girls!

The coach is indeed a big part of any team. However, I have seen Tullahoma play several times in the past two years and they are not looking much different even though they have had two different coaches. I believe the wins will come for Tullahoma if they start paying attention to training their girls to play basketball at the upper elementary and middle school level. This will need to include summer play in AAU and strong fundamental training so their efforts aren't wasted. The girls do not lack for effort. They run and play with a lot of heart.

I do agree but the coach needs to be motivated to win. The talent is there. These girls are not far away from being good. And what is up with one of the girl's dads attending the practices and all buddy buddy with the coach and now his girl is starting? Hmmm something not right there. Its not fair to the girls who bust their butts for this guy and their parents are respectful enough not to be sucking up to the coach. If your girl is good enough to play then she will. Let her earn her spot not have it given to her. Have some respect for the other girls, your girl's teammates.

I do agree but the coach needs to be motivated to win. The talent is there. These girls are not far away from being good. And what is up with one of the girl's dads attending the practices and all buddy buddy with the coach and now his girl is starting? Hmmm something not right there. Its not fair to the girls who bust their butts for this guy and their parents are respectful enough not to be sucking up to the coach. If your girl is good enough to play then she will. Let her earn her spot not have it given to her. Have some respect for the other girls, your girl's teammates.

Not sure who you are talking about but two of the dads did coach at East Middle. Tullahoma has let non-teachers to coach their teams. Siftball does it also. If he can caoch that ok. Just because he helping does not always mean that she getting to start because he is helping.

Instead of saying things like that get involved and maybe coach a AAU team to help the program.

Now if this is so that she getting to start because of dad that is sad. But I do not know that to be true. I hope it is not