Science Hill QB quits team

bucdaddio

I guess I've read about all I can from this thread.

Greg Sharp was my line coach while I was at Boone. He is one of the most intelligent and caring coaches that I ever played for while at Boone. With that said, I don't know what happened at SH. I've heard the stories. I don't know what happened at Boone with Daniel, just that he ended up at SH. I don't like the fact that something happened so that he jumped ship, but then again it isn't any of my business.

The season has gone by and I've heard the same thing again and again from the fans. Blame, blame, blame, blame. I haven't been at the games, I haven't talked with fans who know everything about the team, but all I hear is blame blame blame.

I don't know, haven't been around, it sounds like there was a lot of stuff going on that a lot of outsiders won't know. I can't sit here and defend Greg Sharp while I don't know what happened, but I will say that he will have my respect forever because of what he did while I was there.

That's all you can do is to base your opnions of people on your experinces with them but can't be surprised when other people have different experinces. Dads, myself included, first job is to protecet thier kids from perceived dangers and injustices. The problem is that most of us are going through it the first time and we aren't always properly experinced it to handle the situations the first time through.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the legality of the transfer, I questioned it myself, but was just recently informed that it was legal.

You do not have to sit out if you moved into the other school district, so it's really just as simple as renting a cheap apartment somewhere, so that your name is on a lease. Happens all the time around here, much more than you might think.

Understood but is it legal. I know for a fact that when he transferred to Boone it was never listed on the transfer rost of any sport at Boone.The kid told other kids it was because they had moved. He was just listed as if he had always been at Boone. When he cam back to Science Hill it was listed as a bonfide move, even thogh it had been rumoured to be paper move from his grandfather's resident. My problem was that the AD at Science Hill was questioned about the elgiblity last year and should have known that there would be even more once the transfer was made back to Science Hill. The schools are the ones who are suppose to verifiy the information and with the fanfare that his transfer was met with and his dad's previous employment at the school, don't you think that the AD was being naive to believe that everyone would be happy with it?

I agree. The AD is fairly new to the job, too, but he had to see that coming. Amove maybe, but a move and then a move back, that's going to catch people's attention.

But, like you said, technically, it is legal.

The good news is this mini drama will be over next year. Maybe sooner if the area coaches wise up and steer clear of this family altogether. I only know what is posted here but it struck a nerve because the same type of stupidity goes on further south. Kid doesn't get the playing time Daddy thinks he should , time to switch schools. Other kids are asked to change postition, Daddy throws a fit and kid quits the team. The QB position seems to be the worst at thinking it is somehow a birth right to anchor the job forever regardless of performance.

I am speaking in generality here but if Daddy dears think transfers and quittting in mid season is the way to impress the college scouts they are badly mistaken. Even for kids who have undeniable talent and potential ( doesn't seem to appy here ) over bearing , controlling parents are like warning bells, sirens, whistles, horns and flag waving going off saying stay away from this one. Coaches simply don't want or need the aggravation of dealing with these types of parents. I can't say I blame them.

The good news is this mini drama will be over next year. Maybe sooner if the area coaches wise up and steer clear of this family altogether. I only know what is posted here but it struck a nerve because the same type of stupidity goes on further south. Kid doesn't get the playing time Daddy thinks he should , time to switch schools. Other kids are asked to change postition, Daddy throws a fit and kid quits the team. The QB position seems to be the worst at thinking it is somehow a birth right to anchor the job forever regardless of performance.

I am speaking in generality here but if Daddy dears think transfers and quittting in mid season is the way to impress the college scouts they are badly mistaken. Even for kids who have undeniable talent and potential ( doesn't seem to appy here ) over bearing , controlling parents are like warning bells, sirens, whistles, horns and flag waving going off saying stay away from this one. Coaches simply don't want or need the aggravation of dealing with these types of parents. I can't say I blame them.

Yes, because on the other side of your argument it is ok for parents to get in a child's face after a game. That is sarcasm, if you don't know.

I guess daddy Sharp looked to push the transfer envelop to Happy Valley last week and the hierarchy of HV has said "NO". "Unless you move to Carter County, we (HV) cannot stop it." Happy Valley hierarchy doesn't approve hopping to one school or the other for athletic reasons. So we will see what happens now. Oh, by the way, he is not the only one looking to transfer from SHHS to HV.

Pathetic that a player would quit this late in the season it shows absolutely no class

It's not good, no.

But also extremely pathetic for a parent to go onto the field after a game and jump on somebody else's kid.

(However, if you CAN make them quit, your son could be starting in his place next game.)

Not saying the kid doesn't deserve to start, but the parent should be banned from the stadium.

Yes, because on the other side of your argument it is ok for parents to get in a child's face after a game. That is sarcasm, if you don't know.

I am not sure you know.

You will never hear me say " it is OK for parents to get in a child's face after a game ".

That parent should have been smacked down. Figuratively and literally. Preferably out of sight of the kiddies.

When is it okay for a parent (former coach) to get in the face of the head coaches after the game? Just kind of curious. It's wrong for any parent to get in the face of a kid that's not theirs over somethihng trivial as a football game but Greg Sharp is not to be without blame.