Science Hill QB quits team

bucdaddio

Since new infortmations is jut now being brought to light about the sharps already have been looking to transfer, I guess there was more to the story. Might be a factor into the decision of who gets the start. Hill has been the only other qb to see significant time, as little as that's been. He was the qb that had to move positions to make room for sharp when he transferred in so I believe it will be Hill. I know the inicident that happen last weekend was inexcusable but it wasn't the kids fault. Science Hill still has a shot at making the playoffs, albeit small, but it has to win this game to get to that point. I think that the kids will pull a lil closer.

In that case, we might see the 'Topper offense role for the first time since the Sevier County game with one quarterback in for the entire game. Just a prognostication.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize I, like most everyone else on here, don't really understand the entire situation, but it seems to me this is a situation of a parent protecting a child from a situation...

Regardless, there is too much persecution and not enough compassion and empathy...but then that is how posters on this website have been the past year or two...

Roll Tribe Roll

And what “bad situation” would that be Skunk…LIFE!! Maybe his daddy should move him to Tri-Cities Christian School. There is no doubt that he will be a standout there. Regardless of where he tries to play next year, this “bad situation” and the one before that, and the one before that will ALWAYS cast a shadow over this poor boys head. I have to agree with Solomon’s statement “Unless this kid is bombing in the classroom, has made a major screw-up and this is punishment, or has a medical condition that can be worsened by playing football, then his dad is an idiot”. His daddy needs to realize that there is more to a teenager’s life than high school football. I for one feel sorry for Daniel because from everything I have heard he is a great kid.

As unfortunate it may be for the Sharps it has to be like winning the lottery for the Hills. This may be the change of scenery that could finally turn the Hill Topper wagon around. The pressure of whatever Smith felt with Daniel on the team is now lifted from his shoulders and maybe we can now all see how dangerous this offense really is unless he over thinks this (which is entirely possible given his recent track record). On the other hand we may finally get some understanding on why Smith chose Sharp over Hill in the first place and maybe it wasn’t as politically motivated as it seemed to be to me. That’s just my opinion (with no sugar added of course). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And what “bad situation” would that be Skunk…LIFE!! Maybe his daddy should move him to Tri-Cities Christian School. There is no doubt that he will be a standout there. Regardless of where he tries to play next year, this “bad situation” and the one before that, and the one before that will ALWAYS cast a shadow over this poor boys head. I have to agree with Solomon’s statement “Unless this kid is bombing in the classroom, has made a major screw-up and this is punishment, or has a medical condition that can be worsened by playing football, then his dad is an idiot”. His daddy needs to realize that there is more to a teenager’s life than high school football. I for one feel sorry for Daniel because from everything I have heard he is a great kid.

As unfortunate it may be for the Sharps it has to be like winning the lottery for the Hills. This may be the change of scenery that could finally turn the Hill Topper wagon around. The pressure of whatever Smith felt with Daniel on the team is now lifted from his shoulders and maybe we can now all see how dangerous this offense really is unless he over thinks this (which is entirely possible given his recent track record). On the other hand we may finally get some understanding on why Smith chose Sharp over Hill in the first place and maybe it wasn’t as politically motivated as it seemed to be to me. That’s just my opinion (with no sugar added of course). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap

Correction Skunk never said "bad situation"....only situation

Since new infortmations is jut now being brought to light about the sharps already have been looking to transfer, I guess there was more to the story. Might be a factor into the decision of who gets the start. Hill has been the only other qb to see significant time, as little as that's been. He was the qb that had to move positions to make room for sharp when he transferred in so I believe it will be Hill. I know the inicident that happen last weekend was inexcusable but it wasn't the kids fault. Science Hill still has a shot at making the playoffs, albeit small, but it has to win this game to get to that point. I think that the kids will pull a lil closer.

Is the incident something you can elaborate on?

Cap

Correction Skunk never said "bad situation"....only situation

My bad. But is it fair to say that it would be a stretch for Skunk to have been implying that his father would be protecting (protecting being the key word) his son from a GOOD situation? And forgive me for asking this, but it seems as if you and Skunk may have an inside track on this “situation” and are very tight lipped. Is there a possibility we may see Sharp wearing maroon and gray next season?

My bad. But is it fair to say that it would be a stretch for Skunk to have been implying that his father would be protecting (protecting being the key word) his son from a GOOD situation? And forgive me for asking this, but it seems as if you and Skunk may have an inside track on this “situation” and are very tight lipped. Is there a possibility we may see Sharp wearing maroon and gray next season?

Cap, that is a resounding NO! We have our quarterback and Coach Clark would have no place for Sharp's father in the quarterback club.

Is the incident something you can elaborate on?

It's all over the Karns-Science Hill thread and if you want clarification email me.

In that case, we might see the 'Topper offense role for the first time since the Sevier County game with one quarterback in for the entire game. Just a prognostication.

One qb in the entire game vs TN High.

Cap, that is a resounding NO! We have our quarterback and Coach Clark would have no place for Sharp's father in the quarterback club.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now daddy sharp had went over and got in Coach Smith's face immediately after the game and before the other incident and with the relevations that he was looking to transfer to Happy Valley. Makes you wonder if the incident is being used to cover the real motive of the quitting.

Yeah see sharps body of work after taking 90 percent of the snaps for all the preseason and 80 precent of the season and compare that to what Hill does after one week of pratice. Just gonna make you wonder what could have been.